Halolz explores Armoroad's Labyrinth, an EO3 run

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pick music, OST version or Ingame version

60% 60% 
[ 3 ]
40% 40% 
[ 2 ]
 
Total Votes : 5

Re: Halolz explores Armoroad's Labyrinth, an EO3 run

Post by Gam on Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:46 pm

Ascetic reward to 3, blood reward to 2.
avatar
Gam
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Posts : 468
Join date : 2012-06-11
Location : Location: Location: Location: Location...

ANV Character
Name: Wibli
HP:
775/800  (775/800)
TP:
475/500  (475/500)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halolz explores Armoroad's Labyrinth, an EO3 run

Post by grashbar on Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:44 pm

muh updates:

WELCOME BACK! Last time I unlocked the most important shortcuts for floor 2. This time, we're gonna look around more in floor 2 and hopefully traverse deeper into floor 3.

SO LET'S JUST GET RIGHT TO IT! SKIPPING AHEAD!


And here we are. I should probably map out the area better, as last time I kind of panicked, admittedly.


Seeing as we're entering from a different angle to that FOE, we can get into the room it's guarding. Right after unlocking that shortcut.


In the room is a chest. in the chest was a Hamao, a HP and TP item, rather potent.


Down here is a door. Beyond this door is nothing but trouble, so let's not enter yet.


Next battle I noticed it had become day.

That's my cue to drop everything and just go to the third floor right now.


Let's gooooo!


Right off the bat there's a shortcut ahead of us we can't do anything with, so let's just mark it for now.


This is also the base of that pillar we've seen several times through floor 1 and floor 2. We ain't seeing it anymore when heading deeper.


Over there is a chest and a locked chest, but we can't do anything to them yet.

Bleh.


We have to head in there to progress but let's not do that just yet.


And here we have a giant enemy crab (Scylla Crab), who we have to hit its weak point for massive damage or we'll do very little damage against it.

It died 2 turns in.


Time to enter the danger zone.


And right off the bat, you can see why it's a danger zone.


"The monster seems to be highly territorial and appears to view you as trespassers. It would be wise to do everything in your power to avoid the beast if you hope to leave this room. The piercingly menacing feeling you sense even at this distance is proof enough of that! Your survival now hangs on your skill at watching your enemy's movement in order to avoid him."

What the game basically says is once we enter its line of sight (any straight line on the grid it's on within the room)


It will begin chasing us.


It will stop chasing us once we enter a different room though.


This room has just a mining spot though. So let's sneak by the FOE a little more.


The next room is a camping spot.


And this is the way of progress.


And this spotted frog is what would have attacked us in that one place needing a ninja to interact with without getting ambushed.

Remember the platypi of murder? Game pulls that shit a lot.


Long corridor is long.


Up here is something.

"During your walks in the forest, you find a large, purplish flower that commands your attention. Its appearance is strange and a little sinister, but you think you can approach it with care."
>Go near it
"As you cautiously approach the flower, its gigantic petals sway despite the still air. Before you can withdraw, it opens and scatters pollen everywhere, as if it had sneezed! Oddly, however, you sense no adverse reactions... If anything, you feel better overall!"
>Everyone recovered 20 HP!
"You decide to leave the spot, your footsteps lighter for having inhaled the pollen."


Second room with an FOE, and as far as I know, the best strategy for this room...


Is going "fuck everything" and just cross the mud.


Like so.


And with that, we have unlocked this shortcut. I think this is a good time to retreat for now.

I accidentally sell the Hamao while clearing out collectibles.

Whoops.


Not a lot of new info to gather right now, so let's get through with them.

Gather Information:
Scavenger Toma:
...Hm? Oh. You. Does it keep ya up at night, wondering how I got this thing? Funny coincidence, that... I'm in the mood for a drink before I head to bed.
Honey Wine - 5 ental:
A good vintage like this makes me feel like I could melt away... Oh, my little bauble here! Right! It's a Pseudopod. Adorable, ain't it? This little rarity's a beaut that's great for decorating or just having around! The Venomshroom's pseudopods are fragile, though, so ya gotta kill 'em quick and clean. Don't tell anyone, okay? This'll be our little secret.
Anra Wine - 5 ental:
Gotta love the way all I have to do is hint at it, and ya jump at the chance. Heh! This trinket's got a past. Look! It's a Bloody Blade! Ya see that slimy sheen!? It's the claw of a particular Scylla Crab. It's been soaked with many an explorer's blood... Very few actually have claws like this, so ya'll be hunting a while to find one. Don't tell anyone else, though, okay? This is between you and me, got that!?
Gaudy swordswoman Dezerte:
Dumb blade's chipped again. Guess I got what I paid for... that thing's shell is just too hard. Oh, sorry... I was talking about the Scylla Crab on B3F, by the waters. Its shell is super-hard. It'd be faster if I could just zap it with some elemental attacks. (funny enough, the Scylla Crab is weak against fire, not lightning) *sigh* Maybe there's some Zodiacs around who'd team up with me? Hey, do you guys know any? Of course, it'd have to be a rich Zodiac. Oh, and no uggos, either.
Loud martial arts girl:
Are you guys explorers too!? Be careful if you're headed for B3F! Because of the hippos, you dummy! There was this GIANT hippo across the river! I was just lounging around staring at it! And no, I'm not an idiot! We're talking about the hippos! So then, what the hell! The hippos came tearing after me! Not around-- right over the river towards me! Don't underestimate hippos of you'll be dead! Who knew they could swim!?


We have new requests, so let's do them too.

>The bond between guildmates
: Oh, you are accepting this request? I only put that up there a moment ago. A party from the Pale Horse Guild went into the Labyrinth a week ago... and never returned. The request is to help the guild search for them... Though they're probably dead. The other members of Pale Horse left for the Labyrinth right after making this request. They said they would split up on B2F, so it may be good for you to meet them there, too. Those Pale Horse people are not knowing when to be throwing in the towel, yes? ...No, no, they are caring for their fellows. Never mind me! Go and help them, explorers!

>Man versus Nature
: ...Oh? You are accepting this request? This one comes from Armoroad's Farming Committee. I hear they are trying to develop a vegetable both tasty and resistant to the salty air. They are calling Farmers from far and wide to discuss the issues. Are you having any Farmers in your guild? Perhaps you could share your knowledge with the committee if you do...

Thankfully the latter one is very easy to do. NALE, GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE!


A tiny bit of grinding, and he's at level 8 and ready. This nets us the best possible reward from the Man versus Nature quest. Let's go do it now.



: Aha, I see you, Farmer! Are you to be participating in the conference? I have the time and place on this paper here. Go meet with your fellow agriculturals! Go, and make some delicious vegetables for us all! The rest of you can wait here.
>a second later
: Ah, I am welcoming you! How was the conferencing? Is your job completed? Ha! From the lookings of your face, I am not needing an answer from your mouth! It is obvious that your experience was of great help! I await the new vegetables! This is your reward for your fruitful service... or should I say veggie-ful? Haha!

>Obtained Medica II x3
>Obtained 2250 exp


And with that, I think that's enough of the update for today. Next time, we'll fare deeper into B3F, and hopefully find the staircase to B4F!

People with skill points to spend:
Gamage: 1
Scept: 1
Nale: 1



B3F Talk Dialogues:
: Oh, welcome back, boss. How's the exploring biz going? You know what? I think Miss Hypatia is waiting for someone. She's been going back and forth, back and forth, between the inn and the Labyrinth today. I hope all that walking around doesn't wear her out...

: Ah, it's you. Welcome. You've certainly become regulars here. Well? Is your exploration proceeding apace? I'd certainly hate to see you die in the Labyrinth... It always saddens me to lose such steady customers.

: Are you getting used to the forest yet? Isn't it fun to be freckless and wandering? Whoa... Did I mean "reckless" or "feckless"? Did I just invent a new word? BONANZA!

: I'm glad things are going well for you, but most of the First Stratum is well-mapped by now. What I'm saying is, right now you folks are still just waltzing down the road more traveled. An explorer's real thrill comes through investigating unmapped areas. Don't forget that.

A sailor must love his ship in the way a soldier loves the weapon he trusts with his life. That's why you should always keep your ship in pristine condition, even if you're not sailing.

: Ah, hello. It looks as if things are going well for you. You're at about the place where most novice explorers run home, their tails between their legs. Don't let me down, mm?

Discoveries:
>Discovered a new monster!: Scylla Crab, Venomshroom, Spotted Frog,

>Discovered a new item: Steel Shell!

>Discovered a new trade item: Sea Iris, Sea Turtle, Light Salp, Dark Moray, Filefish!
avatar
grashbar
Veteran Guy
Veteran Guy

Posts : 237
Join date : 2013-04-14

ANV Character
Name: Walker Gallier
HP:
720/800  (720/800)
TP:
500/500  (500/500)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halolz explores Armoroad's Labyrinth, an EO3 run

Post by grashbar on Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:18 pm

Okay no one is answering me on Skype so decided to put it in here.

So I've got the OST of EO3 now and I intend to use Tindeck now because it's more convenient than youtube.

But the OST has two versions. The OST version, and the ingame version. So I'd like you guys to pick.

Here's two examples so you guys can decide:

The OST version:


The ingame version:


For the record, whichever you guys pick, I will go with for the rest of the game. I will throw in bonus songs at times though, to mix things up a little bit.

So which'll it be?
avatar
grashbar
Veteran Guy
Veteran Guy

Posts : 237
Join date : 2013-04-14

ANV Character
Name: Walker Gallier
HP:
720/800  (720/800)
TP:
500/500  (500/500)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halolz explores Armoroad's Labyrinth, an EO3 run

Post by Nick Soapdish on Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:58 am

I think the OST version.
avatar
Nick Soapdish
Veteran Guy
Veteran Guy

Posts : 252
Join date : 2013-05-06
Age : 35
Location : Australia

ANV Character
Name: Cunt Destroyer
HP:
375/400  (375/400)
TP:
985/1000  (985/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halolz explores Armoroad's Labyrinth, an EO3 run

Post by grashbar on Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:14 pm

First update with Tindeck:


WELCOME BACK, FIRST UPDATE WITH ME USING TINDECK! For the record, I don't think I've gotten many enough answers regarding the OST/ingame version choice, so I'll just be using a mix of the two. So last time, we had farmers doing farmer things for a quest, and now we're gonna see how a fellow guild is doing in the Labyrinth! Last reported to be in B2F, so let's go there.





"The request you accepted to search for missing explorers springs to your mind... Since the guard's duty is to patrol the Labyrinth, he may know something helpful. You can ask the guard about the pale Horse members, or leave him be."
>Ask him
You decide to speak to the guard about the members of Pale Horse that went missing.

: Pale Horse? Oh, the guild. Has something happened?

"You tell the guard about the request to find the missing members of Pale Horse Guild."

: Some of their members are lost, you say...? No, I don't know anything about that. However, the Bertram Guild has always been friendly with Pale Horse. Try asking them. They just finished up a quest of their own, so you should find them at the Butterfly Bistro.

"You thank the guard and decide to return to your investigation."

WELL, BACK TO THE BISTRO!



Talk to us.

Bertram Guild Member: Pale Horse is lost? This is a joke, right? Uh... wow, they posted a request? ...Whoa, you're right. ...So you're serious? Hahahah, THE Pale Horse is lost!? Now that's rich! They're famous for playing it safe. They're usually too over-cautious to make a move at all. It's ridiculous. Their motto is, "Those who control the campgrounds control the Labyrinth." Who knows, maybe you'll be able to find something if you check the campground on B2F. Good luck with that! We'll head out too once we get settled here!

Well, we learned something new about Pale Horse. Let's take a look at the campground, see if Olympia has seen them.



Talk to us.

"According to what you heard from the Bertram Guild member, the missing people used the campgrounds. You decide to ask Olympia about the Pale Horse members that have gone missing."

: ...Pale Horse, you say? Yes, I did see them. They camped here last night.

"Gaining hope from her words, you explain what is happening and ask for more information.

: Speaking of them, I found this after they left here. I hope it can be of some use...

"Olympia removes a piece of paper from her robe and hands it to you."

>Obtained Diary Page.

"The blue horse marking shows that this was a Pale Horse journal! The page says: It's about time we head down to the 3rd floor. Considering our current abilities, we should be able to reach as far as the 7th floor. But, caution precedes all. We look before we leap, and never leap if we don't like the looks. I believe the best thing to do when we reach the 3rd floor is find a place to strike camp. The ability to explore hinges on the ability to find a safe place to rest."

A safe place to camp, eh? Sounds to me we already know where they are! So let's head there!


Here we are, floor 3, and there's the campground! This will go by fa-


"Looking around, you discover monsters tearing at a backpack!"

A-A backpack?

"The monsters have noticed you! They bare their fangs and attack with a vicious howl!"



Fangs.

Sure.

>One monster murder later

"You defeat the monsters and decide to search through the ransacked rucksack. You find an ID issued by the Senatus sewn into the interior of the damaged pack. The ID has the blue horse logo of the Pale Horse Guild on it. It seems they went missing on B3F. This new clue gives you an ominous feeling, but you decide to continue on."

Well, they probably just dropped that backpack, right?

...Right?



"You open the doors, hoping that the worst hasn't happened, but the smell of blood is thick!"

O-oh...

"The deep pools of blood, large enough to float firewood, hint at the atrocity that occurred. From the scattered remains, there is no mistaking that this is where Pale Horse set camp."

O-o-oh......

"You search the area, but all you find continues to prove that the worst took place here. There is little point in investigating further. You've done all you could..."

Well.........

"You should return to the bar and report the sad news to the client awaiting you."

Let's... go do that.



: Ah, you are back! I have been waiting for you! The party from Pale Horse that went missing on B3F came back the moment you left! ...Blood? What are you saying? No, they were all fine. Nobody was even wounded. Oh, wait. They did say they were attacked by monsters at their camp on B3F. But, they said they slaughtered them all and roasted them for dinners! Ahahaha! The blood you saw must have come from those monsters, yes? Well, I am gladdening that you are back safe as well. Here is your reward. Take it! It is no good to be in the Labyrinth for too long. People start to worry!

>Obtained Poison Hammer.


So yeah, game was just messing with us.

Of course, I knew this already but PLAYING ALONG, WOOOO, time to progress through B3F.


Here's that fucker of a Largebill, by the way.



Walking up to this door triggers an event.

"You are about to open the door before you when a figure suddenly appears to bar your way. The one who surprised you is a boy clad in ninja garb, an eager smile on his face."



"You're a bit taken aback and now quite sure how to answer the boy's carefree, earnest question."
>Tell him we're explorers
"You tell him that you are indeed explorers, to which he snaps his fingers excitedly."

: Honestly, guys, I'm kinda in some trouble. You know the things on this floor that chase you? I dodged 'em so far, but the one in the room up ahead just doesn't let up. I can't get past it. So I gotta ask you... Can you find a way to avoid the monster and teach me how it's done?

"You are still not quite sure what to make of the boy or whether to honor his request."

What the hell, let's agree.

"The moment you nod, a wide smile spreads over the boy's face.

: Thanks! That'll be a big help! I'll be close behind you, so just lead the way!

"The boy takes up position behind you, ready to follow as you dodge the monsters in the next room."

Well, let's head in!


And the FOE is right there. Let's look around and map out as much as possible first.


And now the fun begins.


Cue Yakety Sax.


And here we see a hippo crossing water.


And here we are



: Wow, thanks! I'd never have done that on my own! Looks like I was right to trust you...

"The boy falls silent, peers at you, then slaps his forehead and continues."

: I didn't introduce myself, huh? My name's Agata. I'm the ninja leader of the Murotsumi guild.

"You recall hearing the boy's name some time ago in a previous conversation... The girl calling herself Hypatia said she was searching for a boy by his name. It might be best to tell this boy that Hypatia was looking for him."
>Tell him about Hypatia

: Hypatia was looking for me? Seriously...? Man, she's hopeless... Okay. I'll head back to the city in a bit. If you get there first, can you tell her I'm coming? See ya,

"calls out Agata over his shoulder as he hurries on ahead. You can go the same way or return to the city and give Hypatia the news about Agata."

Let's keep going first, find a shortcut.


If I remember right, this is the right way...


Here and...


Here. TIME TO PULL BACK!



Well, let's go to the Inn, where Hypatia is waiting.



: Look what I caught! It's a flying fish with eight wings! It's pretty tasty, too. You can catch all kinds of things in the seas around here. You should give it a try!

To actually talk to Hypatia, you have to leave.

: Oh, right, there was someone who wanted to talk to you. I'll be back with her in a sec!

: Ah, hello everyone. It's dangerous to stay in the Labyrinth for too long, so please be careful. Um... I hate to nag, but have you seen Agata anywhere?
>Tell her you found Agata

: Huh!? He went after you!? I'm so sorry for all the trouble he's causing... I'll give him a good talking-to later. But for now, I'll wait in our room for Agata to return. Thanks for all your help. Well then, if you'll excuse me... I'll pray for the stars to guide you on your journey.

Well, that's everything. Next time, we're gonna enter B4F!
People with skill points to spend:

Discoveries:
>You've discovered a new monster!: Largebill
>Discovered a new trade item: South Urchin!
>Discovered a new item: Elastic Tongue, Green Feather!
avatar
grashbar
Veteran Guy
Veteran Guy

Posts : 237
Join date : 2013-04-14

ANV Character
Name: Walker Gallier
HP:
720/800  (720/800)
TP:
500/500  (500/500)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halolz explores Armoroad's Labyrinth, an EO3 run

Post by Scept on Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:23 pm

Alright, put a point in Fire Star and Horoscope.
avatar
Scept
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Posts : 1100
Join date : 2012-06-15
Age : 23
Location : In the Corner O' Shame; Northwestern Iowa

ANV Character
Name: Lynn
HP:
520/600  (520/600)
TP:
1400/1500  (1400/1500)

View user profile http://sceptilianblade.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Halolz explores Armoroad's Labyrinth, an EO3 run

Post by Nick Soapdish on Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:50 am

Question, how many of our chars are actually dudes? It looks like we're running an all girl party at the moment (which is awesome).
avatar
Nick Soapdish
Veteran Guy
Veteran Guy

Posts : 252
Join date : 2013-05-06
Age : 35
Location : Australia

ANV Character
Name: Cunt Destroyer
HP:
375/400  (375/400)
TP:
985/1000  (985/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halolz explores Armoroad's Labyrinth, an EO3 run

Post by Caelun_Niveus on Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:34 pm

nicksoapdish wrote:Question, how many of our chars are actually dudes? It looks like we're running an all girl party at the moment (which is awesome).

Grash, Rastel, Gamage, Leo, Tael, me, you, and Scept are all girls.

Nale, Axel, and Aboi are dudes.
avatar
Caelun_Niveus
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

Posts : 371
Join date : 2012-06-26

ANV Character
Name: Johnny
HP:
520/600  (520/600)
TP:
1500/1500  (1500/1500)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halolz explores Armoroad's Labyrinth, an EO3 run

Post by Leo E. on Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:47 pm

Caelun_Niveus wrote:Nale, Axel, and Aboi are dudes.

Wow what fagets

_________________
Heka: "If you mean to kill me, at least do it quick!"
Raidy: "I'm afraid Fonfon is quite good at hurting you without killing you."
Fonfon: "You bet I am! Corpses don't scream, so that's boring."


Alparisms:
[7:33:58 PM] see a doctor before you die of cunnilingitis or whatever it was called.
[11:03:08 PM] aaaaand this is why I'm gay
[12:39:08 AM] so libido is which part of the dick
[11:51:15 AM] I will marry you

GUEST STAR:
"it's the LoGH of anime"
-Rofl on Queen's Blade
avatar
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Posts : 1517
Join date : 2012-06-10
Age : 24
Location : Vice

View user profile http://hakureiillusion.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Halolz explores Armoroad's Labyrinth, an EO3 run

Post by Nick Soapdish on Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:58 pm

Leo E. wrote:
Caelun_Niveus wrote:Nale, Axel, and Aboi are dudes.

Wow what fagets

I was thinking the same thing. Confirmed mad gay.
avatar
Nick Soapdish
Veteran Guy
Veteran Guy

Posts : 252
Join date : 2013-05-06
Age : 35
Location : Australia

ANV Character
Name: Cunt Destroyer
HP:
375/400  (375/400)
TP:
985/1000  (985/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halolz explores Armoroad's Labyrinth, an EO3 run

Post by grashbar on Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:59 pm

We reach B4F:


WELCOME BACK! I realize that we are not done exploring B3F but FUCK THAT, WE'RE GOING TO B4F! LET'S GO!



Going down here...


Takes us to the stairs!


We arrive at the final floor of the first stratum. It only gets worse from here.


Well, not much stopping us, so let's keep go-

"As you steadily progress through the Labyrinth, a young man appears before you. His piercing gaze relaxes into a smile. He speaks slowly, as if choosing his words carefully."

: We met on the second floor, no? Glad to see you safe here. You're one of the luckier guilds.

"The young man then shifts his gaze deeper into the forest."

: Lucky though you are to survive thus far... Trespassing further into the Labyrinth is forbidden. It's simply much too dangerous,

"he shrugs, his piercing gaze again fixed on you. He seems unlikely to bend in his stance, though you may attempt to appeal to his reason."
>Speak to him
"You ask him why those who are here to explore the Labyrinth are barred from doing so."

: This is far enough for those with idle curiosity. Only those with higher callings may go further.

"The young man runs a speculative gaze over you before continuing."

: If you strive for greater than to see the Labyrinth's sights... Then return to the Senatus and petition them for a letter of marque. If you wish, that is.

"The young man nods curtly and takes up his firm stance blocking your way. It seems your best option at the moment is to return to Armoroad and speak with the Senatus."


Well, that's the deal, so let's head back and do so!




: Eh? Oh, I refer to the young man in the flashy red outfit, carrying a katana. Kujura is right, I'm afraid. You won't be able to explore any further for the time being. The Labyrinth is becoming choked with explorers in the depths of the first Stratum... To correct that, I'm thinking of issuing a mission requesting the guilds to slay a certain monster. Just sit tight until it's made official, mm?


And here is our newest mission. The Proof of Will.

: ...Ah, will this mission fall to you, then? I should explain it to you in detail. The Senatus has not been gathering explorers aimlessly. There is a purpose to it. There is something we hope you can claim for us in the undersea realm beyond the First Stratum. To challenge those depths requires more than a journeyman's skill, else it would be a suicide run. Thus do we assign this ordeal to explorers, to test their worthiness... See if you can best the giant catfish Narmer, guardian of the 4th floor. The ideal outcome would be to defeat Narmer and see what lies beyond. Fortune go with you.


So yes, we have a giant fish to shock.

BUT FIRST!



INFORMATIOOOOOOOOOOOON

Information Gathering:
Scavenger Toma:
Ah, you guys! C'mon, sit down and buy me a drink already!
Fire wine: 5 ental:
...Now that hit the spot. Ya've got my number, don't ya? Heheheheh! This is a Sharp Fang. It's just what it sounds like, heheh! I got it from a Great Anaconda on B4F. It'll meet physical attacks with its fangs, so ya gotta stay away from brute force to get 'em. That's a secret, ya understand!? Ya're not to tell anyone!
Ale: 5 ental:
...Could anything be more what I want right now? I think not! I love guys like ya who're quick on the uptake, heheheh! Isn't this amazing!? It's called a Starry Case. This pattern is one of nature's mysteries. Ya can take 'em off Starry Slugs. The pattern shows even brighter when you electrify 'em. Easy, right? But it's still a secret! Don't spill to anyone!
Honey wine: 5 ental:
Ahhh... That's what I'm talking about. A drink for me, a hint for you. That's how the adult world works, heheheh! This tip's about a Violet Comb. The color ya see when light shines through is popular now. This type of comb comes from a Devilfish. Ya singe it some and it turns to this color. Get the picture? Now, don't go telling anyone else about this!

Monster scholar Scott:
You should be extra careful if you ever have to fight a Devilfish. They tend to gang up on you. When one's in trouble, others come running to eliminate the threat. If you run afoul of a Devilfish, I suggest you take it down as fast as possible. Hey, I guess they're kinda like explorers--you both gang up on your prey. Hahahah!

Unlucky lady:
I'm drinking here while I wait for my new husband to return from the Labyrinth. Ever heard of the monstrous fish Narmer? It's very cowardly... wound it, and it'll run away. But I wouldn't chase it too far if I were you. There are dreadful bugs in its home in the wetlands. If you're not careful, they'll swarm you. How do I know this...? B... Because a swarm of those bugs killed my second husband! *sob sob* ...Ohohohohohohohoho!

Bandage-covered man:
Man, we just went through hell! That deer that shows up on B4F? The thing's a frickin' beast! It did this roar while it charged at us, and while everyone was off-balance, it wiped us out! That's how I got these bandages, heh! I'm not going back in there until i heal up some... I'll be honest with you. If you run into that thing, get outta there or you'll end up like me!

Quiet scholar:
Have you ever encountered an odd, fluffy creature while venturing through Yggdrasil's Labyrinth? No...? How unfortunate. Rumors of that creature have circulated amongst explorers for decades. It's said to bring good fortune to explorers who find it. From afar, it looks like a golden ball. Some members of Pale Horse have supposedly seen a strange golden light after camping... But during their hasty preparations to be ready for whatever it was, the light escaped. It does sound true to that ever-cautious guild's character... I'd like to meet that creature myself and see what kind of good fortune it brings.


As we have only one new quest to take, we will take that.

: This requesting is from traveling gourmand, Espierre. That bastarding Espierre goes around the world searching for delicacies, and now he is here! Have you heard of Amber Bee honey? That is what he is wanting. Says it's very sweet. I hear rumors that an Amber Bee nest can be found on B4F. Getting the nest can be a tricksome experience. I only say once, so be listening. First, you smoke the nest. This should knock out the bees and they'll all fall out of the nest. Then, you climb the tree, and cut the nest off the branch. It can be hard, but do it. Finally, put the nest in a bag and bring it back to me. I am counting on you to get it done! Go, explorers!


And with that, we head back into the Labyrinth. However, before we enter, seeing as B4F is the final floor, I have a special treat for you guys. Enjoy it.





Oh hey, a Pasaran has appeared. That yellow FOE is a Pasaran, and they are metal slimes. Tremendous defense, little HP, no real attack power and they will run. But defeat them and they reward a LOT of experience.



: Has the Senatus given their approval? Very well. You are free to proceed if you wish.

"The young man stands to one side and throws you some medicine, calling it a parting gift."

>Obtained Medica II

: Narmer... In the ancient tongue, it means "raging catfish." Do not fight it in anything but peak condition.

"The young man steps aside, clearing the way."

: May you live long enough for our paths to cross again. Goodbye.

"With that, the man with eastern features turns to leave. You take his words to heart before going your own way."


Two steps later, there's the FOE. The FOE in this floor follows a set pattern like in B2F, so they're no immediate threat.


There are mudpits in the path though, so be careful.


Here we have the Starry Slug and I have no idea what the fuck kind of pose it's making. It's weak to lightning and gives up its conditional drop on a lightning kill, as Toma said..


In the name of the Moon, we see another door we can't open yet.


After much walking, we come to a place with a few doors. We enter this one first.


Contains a mining spot.


Shortcut here.


And here's the Devilfish.


The encounter after that was with this. Weak to ice, I believe.


Let's play "chase the FOE to progress"! Yaaaaaaaaaaay!


With double mudpits! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!


We are through! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!


Here's the bees. (Also, if I sound dull, it's because I'm currently working on this at 1:30 AM)

"As you proceed down the forest path, you notice a sweet smell in the air and look around. You spy a large beehive in a nearby tree, with beautiful, translucent bees all around it. You recall that a gourmand in the city requested a certain kind of bees' nest... There's no mistake... This must be an Amber Bee nest. You try to think back on what Missy told you about how to collect the beehive..."
>Smoke the nest
"You decide to start a small fire at the base of the tree to smoke the nest out. After gathering some dry twigs from nearby and setting them alight, a choking smoke rises... The bees fall out of the air, stunned. It would seem this was the correct first step."
>Climb the tree
"Grash finds a convenient toehold and begins climbing the tree. Thanks to the smoke from earlier, the beehive seems to be empty. Grash climbs up the tree with no problems."
"Grash safely made it to the nest. This will be the last step. Think about what to do..."
>Cut the nest off the branch
"Grash holds the hive tightly before cutting at the base of the nest. It's difficult to cut, but after enough work, the nest is eventually cut free. Grash carefully puts the nest in a bag before returning to the others on the ground. You now have the requested item. Take it back to the bar to fulfill the request!"

>Obtained Amber Beehive


"They seem to be the members of the Murotsumi guild. When you step towards them, the boy ninja meets you halfway."

: Hey! We meet again. If you're all the way out here, you must have come to beat Narmer, right?

"Agata's smile is as wide and sunny as before. You'd hate to lie to the beaming boy..."
>Tell him our purpose here

: I knew it! Okay, then I have a suggestion for you. Wanna work together to beat that thing? I hafta get to the Second Stratum, no matter what it takes...

"A cloud passes over Agata's face, but it clears quickly and his wide smile returns.





Discoveries:
Discovered a new item: Pseudopod, Starry Case, Purple Scale, Tough Tooth!
You've discovered a new monster!: Starry Slug, Devilfish, Great Anaconda

B4F Talk Dialogues:
: Welcome back! How'd your adventures in the Labyrinth go today? Wow, you've been to B4F already? Doesn't the Senatus have a hard mission down there...? I feel like someone from some guild told me that. But I'm sure it'd be a piece of cake for you!

: ...One... Two... Three... I can't stop smiling! Wait, is someone there? ...Oh, it's only you. Don't sneak up on me like that. So you've reached B4F, I hear? Excellent. Keep squandering... Err, I mean, keep up the good work and stay safe.

: I am hearing that you made it to B4F, yes? You should be careful! The old lady at the Senatus told me she gives new guilds a terrible task when they do! Are you scared? If you are, get on the first ship out of here and run away forevers! Until you make it back here alive, you're still on an adventure! Never forget it!

: B4F, eh? Now's about the time the Senatus will present you with a flat-out unreasonable task. This'll be you newbies' first hunt, won't it? If you want to prove yourself, you'll have to fight through it with your own cunning.

: Hello, members of 765 Pro. It looks like you've adjusted to Armoroad quite nicely now. This city is a tapestry of culture, woven by all the people and things that have gathered here. Why don't you treat yourself to a little sight-seeing tour sometime?

: Ah, hello. And what is it you want today? Eh? My age? Getting rather ahead of ourselves, aren't we? Find the city at the ocean's floor and I'll tell you. What's with that look!? Get gone with that long face! Off you go! Shoo! I haven't time to waste, and I suspect you don't either!
People with skill points to spend:

Gamage: 1
Scept: 1
avatar
grashbar
Veteran Guy
Veteran Guy

Posts : 237
Join date : 2013-04-14

ANV Character
Name: Walker Gallier
HP:
720/800  (720/800)
TP:
500/500  (500/500)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halolz explores Armoroad's Labyrinth, an EO3 run

Post by Scept on Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:03 am

Alright, drop a point in Lightning Star. Also, it depends on whether or not-- oh forget it. I can't bring myself to turn down a request like that. Let's do it.
avatar
Scept
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Posts : 1100
Join date : 2012-06-15
Age : 23
Location : In the Corner O' Shame; Northwestern Iowa

ANV Character
Name: Lynn
HP:
520/600  (520/600)
TP:
1400/1500  (1400/1500)

View user profile http://sceptilianblade.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Halolz explores Armoroad's Labyrinth, an EO3 run

Post by Nick Soapdish on Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:02 am

Hm... unsure about this boy. That scar on his forehead makes it look like he had an appendage removed. Still I can't see any negative having him tag along so I'm all for bringing him along.

Great job Grash as usual.
avatar
Nick Soapdish
Veteran Guy
Veteran Guy

Posts : 252
Join date : 2013-05-06
Age : 35
Location : Australia

ANV Character
Name: Cunt Destroyer
HP:
375/400  (375/400)
TP:
985/1000  (985/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Boss Update

Post by grashbar on Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:23 pm



: That's what I'm talking about! We can go over the details once you get to Narmer's lair. Hypatia will tell you about what she found out about that fish's behavior and habits! That wasn't easy stuff to find out, you know! That's why you'll be in charge of the actual fight!

"The boy then parts with you to rejoin the girl waiting at the bridge. The two of them leave. You feel irksomely used by the boy, but you must nevertheless proceed to defeat the fish-beast."

Before we continue though, I forgot something crucial we must pick up.


Unlocking shortcut.


The crucial thing I forgot was this. Formaldehyde. Remember how enemies have conditional drops? Well, if you use this on the turn an enemy is killed, it'll give you all the enemy's drops. Like, say, an enemy can only drop one out of two things at once. A normal drop, or a conditional drop. Use the item, and if the enemy is killed at the same turn, BAM, YOU GET BOTH ITEMS!

This is best used in boss battles in the Labyrinth, as bosses have silly requirements for obtaining the conditional drops (the upcoming one's requirement is to solo him), and all the bosses' conditional drops unlocks the best gear in the game, AND gives a stupid good amount of ental for selling the drop itself.

When fighting the upcoming boss, make sure the fastest one on the team uses it before the boss is killed, or we might be shit out of luck.

With the Formaldehyde obtained, it is time to make our move.


Time to enter Narmer's lair.




"You look around in search of its source and spot the astrologer Hypatia, who appears beside you."

: This muddy wallow is its nest. Narmer uses the mud to move freely about the wetland.

"In support of the girl's words, you see a large fish snaking gracefully through the mud."

: Since Narmer is so at home in the wetland, you must grasp the topography to block its path.

"The girl then distinguishes, for your benefit, between the muddy and clear areas."

: Keep that in mind to drive it into a corner... once it's stuck, strike from behind!

"To judge by the astrologer's words, the key will be a clear grasp on this wetland's topography."



As Hypatia kinda says, narmer will stay away from us. The trick is as follows...


Send him into a corner...


Enter one of many shortcuts in this area...


Then strike him from behind!




Available active skills:
Gamage:
LV. 2/10 Healing: 5 TP
LV. 1/10 Refresh: 6 TP
LV. 1/10 Kikouken: 4 TP

Leo:
LV. 4/10 Attack Order: 10 TP
LV. 4/10 Guard Order: 10 TP

Scept:
LV. 1/10 Fire Star: 8 TP
LV. 2/10 Volt Star: 9 TP
LV. 1/5 Dark Ether: 18 TP

Soapdish:
LV. 3/5 Pop Flares: 8 TP
LV. 3/5 Smoke Grenade: 8 TP


Last edited by grashbar on Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
grashbar
Veteran Guy
Veteran Guy

Posts : 237
Join date : 2013-04-14

ANV Character
Name: Walker Gallier
HP:
720/800  (720/800)
TP:
500/500  (500/500)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halolz explores Armoroad's Labyrinth, an EO3 run

Post by Scept on Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:27 pm

Alright, let's pop a Volt Star in this beastie's ass.
avatar
Scept
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Posts : 1100
Join date : 2012-06-15
Age : 23
Location : In the Corner O' Shame; Northwestern Iowa

ANV Character
Name: Lynn
HP:
520/600  (520/600)
TP:
1400/1500  (1400/1500)

View user profile http://sceptilianblade.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Halolz explores Armoroad's Labyrinth, an EO3 run

Post by Leo E. on Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:35 pm

Defend Order on the front.

_________________
Heka: "If you mean to kill me, at least do it quick!"
Raidy: "I'm afraid Fonfon is quite good at hurting you without killing you."
Fonfon: "You bet I am! Corpses don't scream, so that's boring."


Alparisms:
[7:33:58 PM] see a doctor before you die of cunnilingitis or whatever it was called.
[11:03:08 PM] aaaaand this is why I'm gay
[12:39:08 AM] so libido is which part of the dick
[11:51:15 AM] I will marry you

GUEST STAR:
"it's the LoGH of anime"
-Rofl on Queen's Blade
avatar
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Posts : 1517
Join date : 2012-06-10
Age : 24
Location : Vice

View user profile http://hakureiillusion.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Halolz explores Armoroad's Labyrinth, an EO3 run

Post by Gam on Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:32 pm

KIKOUKEN!
avatar
Gam
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Posts : 468
Join date : 2012-06-11
Location : Location: Location: Location: Location...

ANV Character
Name: Wibli
HP:
775/800  (775/800)
TP:
475/500  (475/500)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halolz explores Armoroad's Labyrinth, an EO3 run

Post by Nick Soapdish on Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:46 pm

ATTACK!
avatar
Nick Soapdish
Veteran Guy
Veteran Guy

Posts : 252
Join date : 2013-05-06
Age : 35
Location : Australia

ANV Character
Name: Cunt Destroyer
HP:
375/400  (375/400)
TP:
985/1000  (985/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halolz explores Armoroad's Labyrinth, an EO3 run

Post by grashbar on Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:07 am



>Turn 1
>Leo used Guard Order!
>Grash and Gamage's defense enhanced!
>Gamage used Kikouken on Narmer for 16 damage! Heals 20 HP thanks to Aesthetic Deeds!
>Soapdish attacks for a critical 36 damage!
>Grash used Provoke to attract attacks to him!
>Scept used Volt Star for a super effective 61 damage!
>Everyone heals 18 HP thanks to Royal Veil!

avatar
grashbar
Veteran Guy
Veteran Guy

Posts : 237
Join date : 2013-04-14

ANV Character
Name: Walker Gallier
HP:
720/800  (720/800)
TP:
500/500  (500/500)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halolz explores Armoroad's Labyrinth, an EO3 run

Post by Scept on Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:08 am

O-oh. That didn't seem to do a whole lot...
Keep blasting him with Volt Star, then.
avatar
Scept
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Posts : 1100
Join date : 2012-06-15
Age : 23
Location : In the Corner O' Shame; Northwestern Iowa

ANV Character
Name: Lynn
HP:
520/600  (520/600)
TP:
1400/1500  (1400/1500)

View user profile http://sceptilianblade.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Halolz explores Armoroad's Labyrinth, an EO3 run

Post by Leo E. on Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:21 am

Guard Order on the back.

_________________
Heka: "If you mean to kill me, at least do it quick!"
Raidy: "I'm afraid Fonfon is quite good at hurting you without killing you."
Fonfon: "You bet I am! Corpses don't scream, so that's boring."


Alparisms:
[7:33:58 PM] see a doctor before you die of cunnilingitis or whatever it was called.
[11:03:08 PM] aaaaand this is why I'm gay
[12:39:08 AM] so libido is which part of the dick
[11:51:15 AM] I will marry you

GUEST STAR:
"it's the LoGH of anime"
-Rofl on Queen's Blade
avatar
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Posts : 1517
Join date : 2012-06-10
Age : 24
Location : Vice

View user profile http://hakureiillusion.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Halolz explores Armoroad's Labyrinth, an EO3 run

Post by Gam on Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:41 pm

Kikoukagain?
avatar
Gam
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Posts : 468
Join date : 2012-06-11
Location : Location: Location: Location: Location...

ANV Character
Name: Wibli
HP:
775/800  (775/800)
TP:
475/500  (475/500)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halolz explores Armoroad's Labyrinth, an EO3 run

Post by Nick Soapdish on Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:52 pm

grashbar wrote:
>Soapdish attacks for a critical 36 damage!
YEAH I'M THE BEST!

grashbar wrote:
>Scept used Volt Star for a super effective 61 damage!
.......

ATTACK!
avatar
Nick Soapdish
Veteran Guy
Veteran Guy

Posts : 252
Join date : 2013-05-06
Age : 35
Location : Australia

ANV Character
Name: Cunt Destroyer
HP:
375/400  (375/400)
TP:
985/1000  (985/1000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halolz explores Armoroad's Labyrinth, an EO3 run

Post by grashbar on Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:40 am



>Turn 2
>Leo used Guard Order!
>Leo, Scept and Soapdish's defense enhanced!
>Narmer used Mud Throw!
>Grash suffered 53 damage and has been blinded!
>Gamage suffered 51 damage and has been blinded!
>Gamage used Kikouken... but missed! He heals 20 HP thanks to Aesthetic Deeds!
>Grash extends Provoke's duration!
>Soapdish attacks for 24 damage!
>Scept used Volt Star for a super effective 57 damage!
>Everyone heals 18 damage thanks to Royal Veil!



avatar
grashbar
Veteran Guy
Veteran Guy

Posts : 237
Join date : 2013-04-14

ANV Character
Name: Walker Gallier
HP:
720/800  (720/800)
TP:
500/500  (500/500)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Halolz explores Armoroad's Labyrinth, an EO3 run

Post by Leo E. on Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:55 am

Attack Order on the rear.

_________________
Heka: "If you mean to kill me, at least do it quick!"
Raidy: "I'm afraid Fonfon is quite good at hurting you without killing you."
Fonfon: "You bet I am! Corpses don't scream, so that's boring."


Alparisms:
[7:33:58 PM] see a doctor before you die of cunnilingitis or whatever it was called.
[11:03:08 PM] aaaaand this is why I'm gay
[12:39:08 AM] so libido is which part of the dick
[11:51:15 AM] I will marry you

GUEST STAR:
"it's the LoGH of anime"
-Rofl on Queen's Blade
avatar
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Posts : 1517
Join date : 2012-06-10
Age : 24
Location : Vice

View user profile http://hakureiillusion.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Halolz explores Armoroad's Labyrinth, an EO3 run

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum