Halolz Mafia Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mafia Ruleset (Version 4.BETA)

+5
Zyquux
Mentle
Leo E.
Link Lab
DA
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mafia Ruleset (Version 4.BETA) Empty Mafia Ruleset (Version 4.BETA)

Post by DA Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:45 pm

Make sure to give this a thorough read before playing! Even if you've already played Mafia somewhere else before, we have our own "house rules" that you should read.
Planning on hosting a round? Click Here!

For those that need to learn the basics of the game of Mafia, click on the following spoiler tag to see a quick tutorial on how to play Mafia. (Credit must go to mikeburnfire for making such an awesome tutorial)
Tutorial Flash! Tutorial Flash!:
You can also look for more info on the actual game of Mafia here: http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
Once you're done with that, continue on by reading our rules.

THE HALOLZ MAFIA RULESET

1.- No Intel copypastas from the host.
You may not post quotes or screenshots of any PMs sent by the host, whether they are real or doctored, nor may you send them to people outside of this topic.

2. Last Words Clause.
You are allowed only one post after you die or are replaced. This post may not contain any information or speculation regarding the game.

3. Game Time and Speedylynching.
Each game day will last for 24 hours from the last update post unless an insta-lynch (a player receives more than 50% of the votes) happens and the hosts gets all the night decisions. In cade of an insta-lynch, the host may speed up to the next day if the majority of people ask for a speed up. After that, no votes will be counted until the next day begins, so be sure to check the post dates.

4. Night Phase Game Time.
The night phase will be dealt with during the rollover from each day to the next. If your role functions at night, you must send a PM regarding said role during the day. All information roles will receive their information that night. If you do not use your role's ability, you cannot use it multiple times the next day.

5. Inactivity Clause.
Anyone who does not vote (except if they post to state that they will abstain from voting) for two game days in a row will be replaced. Instalynches do not count towards your inactive day count.

6. In it to win it?
Make it clear when you're joining a game. Hosts should assume that someone is not joining unless specified otherwise, regardless of whether or not the player posted in the topic. Easy Mode: just put "in" after whatever you were going to say. The game may not be joined after role PMs are sent, except in the case of rule #5.

7. No bribing the host. Period.
Bribing the host to get intel on the current game is strictly forbidden.

8. Dead men tell no tales.
Dead players are DEAD. They can't talk about mafia and live players can't interrogate them, either ingame or outgame until the game is over.

9. The PM dilemma.
PMing fellow players in order to cause a legion against the Mafia/make the Mafia cause paranoia to the Townies is legal depending on the round's rules:

• Regular Clause: In rounds with or without Masons, the host can decide whether or not to allow PM's in the game. Make sure to know if this is allowed or not BEFORE PMing.
  • Masonic Clause: In rounds with Recruiting Masons, PMing is only allowed between masons and Mafia

10. The No-Lynch shenanigans.
The host has the right to use the following clauses on their game, concerning the "No Lynch" vote.
  • Void Clause: Voting against lynching is exactly the same as abstaining.
  • Lynch Halt Clause: Voting against lynching will halt that day's lynch if it's the option with the biggest amount of votes.
  • Unanimous Halt Clause: Voting against lynching will halt that day's lynch if the amount of votes on Not Lynching sum up to that of an insta-lynch's amount of votes.
  • Linked Halt Clause: Voting against lynching will halt that day's lynch only when a majority decides on it UNLESS it's tied with something else, giving the Lynch the higher priority.
    [1:21:53 PM] Link Lab: For example,
    4 for Nanon
    4 for No lynch
    Rest abstain
    would lead to a possible no lynch with the Lynch Halt clause but Nanon would be lynched 100% of the time with the Linked Halt clause.

11. On themed rounds, state your ROLE.
If you are the participant of a themed round (I.E. basing it off of some other mythos) and the host decided to give you a role with a name (I.E. The Doctor role is The Medic from TF2 or Iris from non-classic Mega Man), you can reveal ONLY your role: you cannot reveal your name. This goes for the Mafia "revealing" roles as well.

12. The host can boot you if you're a dick.
The host reserves the right to kick you out of the game for any reason should you interfere with the game in a way not outlined in these rules.

13. Don't break rules 1, 2, 7, 8 or 12.
A violation of the aforementioned rules is grounds for immediate removal from the current game, and the next game as well. He will also not be able to host the next game, so BEHAVE.

14. 2 strikes clause.
Disobeying 2 rules in a single game will ban you for the next game. This does not overlap with Rule #13.

Last edited by DA on Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:18 pm; edited 14 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated to ver. 4.BETA! Needs more polishing!)
DA
DA
Owns this joint
Owns this joint

http://boredman-da.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Mafia Ruleset (Version 4.BETA) Empty Re: Mafia Ruleset (Version 4.BETA)

Post by Link Lab Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:24 pm

DA, don't know if you knew this but you could just put the tutorial in a spoiler. Like so:
Spoiler:
Well, you don't even need to put it in a spoiler but I just think something like that is better in a spoiler.
Link Lab
Link Lab
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

ANV Character
Name: Eliot Egawa
HP:
Mafia Ruleset (Version 4.BETA) Left_bar_bleue400/400Mafia Ruleset (Version 4.BETA) Empty_bar_bleue  (400/400)
TP:
Mafia Ruleset (Version 4.BETA) Left_bar_bleue920/1000Mafia Ruleset (Version 4.BETA) Empty_bar_bleue  (920/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:03 pm

I don't know where to put this, so I'll leave it here...

There is an option when you're reading your PMs that says "Move to profile".

DON'T do this. It posts the PM as one of your visitor messages.

EDIT: While we're on this subject, you should check your settings and set it so people can leave visitor messages for you.
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

http://hakureiillusion.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentle Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:19 pm

So, due to people getting confused about the powers of recurring "normal" roles, I think we should add a link to the mafia wiki or the mafia flash at the first post of each round stating that the roles work that way unless said otherwise on the PMs of the host.
Mentle
Mentle
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:24 pm

Mentle wrote:So, due to people getting confused about the powers of recurring "normal" roles, I think we should add a link to the mafia wiki or the mafia flash at the first post of each round stating that the roles work that way unless said otherwise on the PMs of the host.

Well, the host should still explicitly state every aspect of the role in the PM, to avoid confusion. Even if it's a standard role. So rather than just saying "You're the doctor", they should say "You're the doctor. Each night you can target one person, and that person will be protected from night kills".
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentle Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:16 am

Leo E. wrote:Well, the host should still explicitly state every aspect of the role in the PM, to avoid confusion. Even if it's a standard role. So rather than just saying "You're the doctor", they should say "You're the doctor. Each night you can target one person, and that person will be protected from night kills".

Yes, but I mean to provide the basics to other roles. Even if we give and take powers for some roles, it would be good if people knew how the commonly used ones usually work.
Mentle
Mentle
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:53 am

Mentle wrote:Yes, but I mean to provide the basics to other roles.

I'll make a thread about this later, then.
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Back to top Go down

Post by DA Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:39 pm

Say hello to ruleset 3.0!
DA
DA
Owns this joint
Owns this joint

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentle Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:13 am

DA wrote:5. Inactivity Clause.
Anyone who does not vote (except if they post to state that they will abstain from voting) for two game days in a row will be replaced. So get your activity guns ready.

We should get back to this discussion, as we were having it earlier. We need to stop ignoring this rule and accepting auto-votes from people away. We also should stop or limit inactivity days from people just because they "didn't feel like voting" or forgot it.

[30/09/2012 20:28:17] Leonidas Eliades: Rules I suggest:
1: 2 days, no matter what, even with prior notice. A mod should look for a replacement as soon as the player knows they won't be around for an extended period of time. And no "just keep me down for abstain" either.
2: Replacement needs to be someone who wasn't playing in the round earlier, and who doesn't know any information they shouldn't.
3: If no replacement can be found, they are modkilled. As in, removed from their team and they lose.

Additionally, to avoid the second part mentioned:

[30/09/2012 20:32:28] Mentlegen: I think other than the mentioned, even for the first day without voting, the player should give the reason he wasn't able to.
[30/09/2012 20:33:16] Mentlegen: In case he just forgot/was online during the day he didn't vote, he would be adverted and replaced if it happened a second time in the same round without any justification.

Of course, any serious and unpredictable issue preventing people from voting a second time in the same game wouldn't get him replaced by that second part, we would have to wait for two days in a row as usual.
Mentle
Mentle
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by DA Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:47 am

Ment, as I said, I will provide any input on this matter once my Flu is gone.
Because I can't think straight while under the influence of influenza.

...heheh, that was clever, because influ--oh, you did get it.
DA
DA
Owns this joint
Owns this joint

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentle Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:34 pm

I thought you were just sleepy that time.

Either way, keeping that message so people can come up with suggestions and possible changes.
Mentle
Mentle
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by DA Thu May 09, 2013 11:24 am

Common sense has failed us once again!

To join a round, you MUST say "In", or otherwise specify that you are IN this round.
Put it in bold font if you wish.
DA
DA
Owns this joint
Owns this joint

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Thu May 09, 2013 12:57 pm

Updated the original post with that in a new segment at the bottom.
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Back to top Go down

Post by Zyquux Sun May 19, 2013 7:46 pm

[4:41:07 PM] Adam Campbell: Put it in the complaints box, I guess.

[4:40:44 PM] Zyquux: Having knowledge of the theme should not be a prerequisite to playing mafia. It might help sure, but people with no knowledge of the flavor should still be able to play

Again: Having knowledge of the theme should not be a prerequisite to playing mafia.

tl;dr
Put explanations of what each role and ability do. Honestly didn't think that needed to be said.
Picard Facepalm
Zyquux
Zyquux
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: CRUSHSMASH THE SMASHCRUSHER
HP:
Mafia Ruleset (Version 4.BETA) Left_bar_bleue380/600Mafia Ruleset (Version 4.BETA) Empty_bar_bleue  (380/600)
TP:
Mafia Ruleset (Version 4.BETA) Left_bar_bleue1420/1500Mafia Ruleset (Version 4.BETA) Empty_bar_bleue  (1420/1500)

Back to top Go down

Post by DA Sun May 19, 2013 10:17 pm

Just to make sure y'all biscuitheads listen

It's a mafia game FIRST.
It's a themed game AFTER the Mafia Thought Process is done.

Got it memorized?
DA
DA
Owns this joint
Owns this joint

Back to top Go down

Post by Zyquux Sun May 19, 2013 10:22 pm

I figured it was mentioned somewhere. I totally forgot about that thread.
Zyquux
Zyquux
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: CRUSHSMASH THE SMASHCRUSHER
HP:
Mafia Ruleset (Version 4.BETA) Left_bar_bleue380/600Mafia Ruleset (Version 4.BETA) Empty_bar_bleue  (380/600)
TP:
Mafia Ruleset (Version 4.BETA) Left_bar_bleue1420/1500Mafia Ruleset (Version 4.BETA) Empty_bar_bleue  (1420/1500)

Back to top Go down

Post by DA Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:26 pm

Before the next round starts, we will be introducing Mafia Ruleset 3.2, which updates some issues with the inactivity rule and other shenanigans.
Mass, please refrain from starting your round until the changes have taken effect.

Last edited by DA on Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
DA
DA
Owns this joint
Owns this joint

Back to top Go down

Post by Zink120 Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:30 pm

I think it's fine to keep it in, as the players tend to always be ok with it.
However, I think that players who do not get to vote due to the instalynch should not have it count towards their 2-day-no-vote-kick penalty. I just got kicked because I assumed it wouldn't count, and it seems like that could be improved upon, IMHO.
Zink120
Zink120
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

https://www.youtube.com/user/Zink120

Back to top Go down

Post by DA Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:32 pm

Zink120 wrote:I think it's fine to keep it in, as the players tend to always be ok with it.
In retrospect, I didn't think that last part through.
Zink120 wrote:However, I think that players who do not get to vote due to the instalynch should not have it count towards their 2-day-no-vote-kick penalty. I just got kicked because I assumed it wouldn't count, and it seems like that could be improved upon, IMHO.
Exactly what we're planning to do.
DA
DA
Owns this joint
Owns this joint

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentle Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:37 pm

I simply didn't count votes missing during instalynches, voting is stopped after a instalynch happens so players don't have all the time they should.
Mentle
Mentle
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by DA Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:17 pm

We're on the process of Beta Testing the new ruleset, mainly due to the Inactivity Clause and the fact that we're missing a couple of issues that have popped up in this last season.

If anyone needs to add anything, PLEASE comment.

Mass, Green Light. You may host when ready (and when Phoen and Diabeetus-tan are done)
DA
DA
Owns this joint
Owns this joint

Back to top Go down

Post by DA Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:23 am

We need to address an issue regarding Self-Voting, since it's a legitimate feature of VoteBot and other mafia forums.

What should Self-Voting do? Translate to abstain, or actually count as a self vote?
DA
DA
Owns this joint
Owns this joint

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:54 am

I always counted it as a self-vote.

Certain roles can be prohibited from voting for themselves if need be.
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Axel Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:56 am

I'd count it as self-vote.

Usually this sort of thing happens when a person is about to be lynched and wants the inevitable to hurry up.
Hunter Axel
Hunter Axel
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Minerva
HP:
Mafia Ruleset (Version 4.BETA) Left_bar_bleue710/800Mafia Ruleset (Version 4.BETA) Empty_bar_bleue  (710/800)
TP:
Mafia Ruleset (Version 4.BETA) Left_bar_bleue490/500Mafia Ruleset (Version 4.BETA) Empty_bar_bleue  (490/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next