Halolz Mafia Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduction Topic for the new guys

+35
Geno
Lucidity
grashbar
pufferfish
Caelun_Niveus
ice_turtle
OmNomynous
Nick Soapdish
lazy-spoon
personaleyes
AuraMaster
RolandtheLastGunslinger
The Mysterious Gourmet
Tael
Yoshi
Diabeetus-Tan
CodePhoenix
Not_anon
DA
Rainboy
Archer
Cloak
Zink120
Shadi
Vatonnage
StalinCommander
Mentle
Hunter Axel
Dracojounin7
Scept
Leo E.
Zyquux
French Connections
MrNaleIt
HATER
39 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Empty Re: Introduction Topic for the new guys

Post by HATER Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:38 pm

Shadi wrote:
Scept wrote:
Perhaps with your programming and coding skills, you could help DA get the place refurbished and all, eh?

Editing a forum requires no such thing as technical knowledge nor does installing a mod on a forum do.

Heck, even me with the most marginal tech-knowledge can easily do it. You just gotta search for styles and right mods that are already made. Maybe if you were to create your own mods and codes you'd want a coder; that's where you could use little Rainy :D (Although I doubt it's needed because of the aforementioned reasons it's quite rare)

^^this.

Forumotion is incredibly easy to use (I've used it for years, and I am not in any way shape or form a programmer), the only code you need is for CSS Javascript pages and even then those are optional.

I for one would recommend (in my humble opinion as a newcomer here) that DA give his mods access to the Admin Panel, would help said renovation get on a lot quicker and also let them perform administration tasks like accepting new users and making minor tweaks. It seems that things are always depending on/waiting for DA (no offense meant), and maybe if you guys were to broaden the power amongst yourselves, administrative tasks might take a fraction of the time they do now.

Also,

Rainboy wrote:Hater set the precedent with his introduction.

Shadi wrote:Blame HATER, btw it's always a good idea to blame HATER,

>HATER sets trend
>People follow trend
>HATER gets blamed for people following him

Every. Fucking. Game.
HATER
HATER
Really Active Guy
Really Active Guy

Back to top Go down

Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Empty Re: Introduction Topic for the new guys

Post by Archer Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:23 am

Rainboy wrote:
Alpar wrote:Why do we seem like we love ponies to these newcomers?
I mean not to discriminate but it just seems prompted for mention all three out of three times so far. Do we ever even really discuss ponies that much more anyway? I'm sure the in things at the moment are Jojo and Fire Emblem with SMT/Persona.

Also welcome aboard, Rainboy, hope to get to know you and the other two better as well.

Well...

a) Hater set the precedent with his introduction.
b) You all WERE just in the middle of a (highly entertaining) MLP themed game when I started watching here.
c) Hater scolded me for not mentioning it in my original introduction, so I added it in.

Oh. Well that's a bit of odd reasoning but fair in its own right I suppose.

Yeah trust me, not very many of us love MLP that much. I don't think I can think of more than two members that do actually, and I don't even know how many casual viewers we have because we're too busy always talking about other things. I think FiM stopped being highly relevant to our interest for discussion after s2.
Not a brony nor even a casual viewer myself btw.

So yeah, just speak your interests, welcome to the club and whatnot.
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Dente - El Exterminador de Demonios Dos
HP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue320/400Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (320/400)
TP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue955/1000Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (955/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zyquux Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:05 am

Alpar wrote:Why do we seem like we love ponies to these newcomers?
I think that's my bad...

Rainboy wrote:You all WERE just in the middle of a (highly entertaining) MLP themed game when I started watching here.
<3
Zyquux
Zyquux
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: CRUSHSMASH THE SMASHCRUSHER
HP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue380/600Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (380/600)
TP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1420/1500Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1420/1500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloak Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:36 am

I think Touhou obsession is much more rampant amongst us.
Cloak
Cloak
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Fluffles
HP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue720/800Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (720/800)
TP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue415/500Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (415/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by StalinCommander Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:55 am

And for whatever reason people love wrestling.
StalinCommander
StalinCommander
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

ANV Character
Name: Dr. Vladiovich Von Krusteacov Ruskieman
HP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue308/400Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (308/400)
TP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue920/1000Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (920/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:02 am

StalinCommander wrote:And for whatever reason people love wrestling.

VGCW only. We couldn't care less about real wrestling.
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue320/400Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (320/400)
TP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue955/1000Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (955/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:03 am

Leo E. wrote:Refer to sig

YOU TOOK THAT OUT OF ITS ORIGINAL CONTEXT.
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zink120 Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:25 am

Welcome, Rainboy :-) Hope we will entertain your spectating~
And good luck with finals. That pain awaits me next week, so I can guess your pain. A___A
Zink120
Zink120
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

https://www.youtube.com/user/Zink120

Back to top Go down

Post by French Connections Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:18 am

Rainboy wrote:
I enjoy strategy games, especially turn based and real time strategy games like the Civilizations series

Approval earned. Welcome aboard.
French Connections
French Connections
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zyquux Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:26 pm

Alpar wrote:
Leo E. wrote:Refer to sig

YOU TOOK THAT OUT OF ITS ORIGINAL CONTEXT.

Don't be silly. Context can't save you now. Isn't that right, Ruto?
Zyquux
Zyquux
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue380/600Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (380/600)
TP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1420/1500Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1420/1500)

Back to top Go down

Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Empty Introduction Topic for the new guys

Post by DA Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:49 pm

3 topics of these for 3 separate members?
Well, rule of three indicates that something must be done!
Ergo, I made this thread. All introductory threads will be merged to this one.
Welcome, new members! Don't drink the water, enjoy the community, read the rules, play mafia responsibly, yadda yadda yadda. I'm DA. I own the place. I might not be really that active due to college running me over (alongside OTHER projects)

You can find the complete Mod list under The Mod Team in the Usegroups (or below every board).

Have fun and such!
DA
DA
Owns this joint
Owns this joint

http://boredman-da.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadi Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:56 pm

This seems a bit confusing though, I think a section where people can create threads inside that section would be nice, it's how it's usually done most places also. Just a suggestion.
Shadi
Shadi
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Axel Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:33 pm

True but I doubt we'll get THAT many members for this place. We'll still be a relatively small ground in the end so one big intro thread is SMASHING. It worked before.
Hunter Axel
Hunter Axel
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Minerva
HP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue710/800Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (710/800)
TP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue490/500Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (490/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloak Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:25 pm

Oh, right, Per.fect is replaced with SMASHING.
Feel free to use the emoticons where appropriate.
Off site image/video imbedding is okay, but don't go too crazy.
Cloak
Cloak
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Fluffles
HP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue720/800Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (720/800)
TP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue415/500Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (415/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Not_anon Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:43 pm

Whadda ya know, new people.

Do not mind me for I am a guy who is never on here ever and I guess I'll say that here and now.

also don't listen to alpar he loves his elbows
Not_anon
Not_anon
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by CodePhoenix Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:06 pm

Oh this thing, eh, I guess this applies to old members too since we are starting fresh.

One thing because somehow you guys thought we are all bronies. I hate bronies. Don't hate the show, but no interest in watching it at all. Forced to watch ep 1, but thats it.

Anime fan, but not as much as everyone else here, generally dislike the shounen animes out there.

Wish I had time for gaming, but thats something that may never come, but still have time for multiplayer rounds of Kid Icarus: Uprising or anything else.

Got a youtube channel for song covers and fandubs, please subscribe *shot* https://www.youtube.com/user/codemaster25

Also rarely on, but now that the semester is ending, I may have time to be on again.

Last edited by Phoenix on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
CodePhoenix
CodePhoenix
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadi Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:27 pm

Welcome back!
Shadi
Shadi
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentle Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:32 pm

One thread for everyone should be enough, we don't plan on spreading the word about these forums, at least not yet, so we won't have many introductions anyway.
Mentle
Mentle
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Diabeetus-Tan Thu May 02, 2013 12:33 am

Hello everyone! I'm new here and probably won't be posting much due to having Super High School Level Nervousness, but was 'persuaded' to join anyway D:

I don't have much to say about myself as I am terrible with introductions, but I hope to get along with everyone! ^_^
Diabeetus-Tan
Diabeetus-Tan
Really Active Guy
Really Active Guy

https://www.youtube.com/user/SingingSamine

Back to top Go down

Post by Scept Thu May 02, 2013 12:36 am

Welcome to our for-ums! Welcome to our for-ums!
Welcome, Squidward! Welcome, Squidward! Welcome, Squidward! Welcome, Squidward!
Scept
Scept
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Lynn
HP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue520/600Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (520/600)
TP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1400/1500Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1400/1500)

http://sceptilianblade.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MrNaleIt Thu May 02, 2013 12:38 am

hello you
MrNaleIt
MrNaleIt
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Truck
HP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue800/800Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (800/800)
TP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue490/500Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (490/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zyquux Thu May 02, 2013 12:45 am

Scept wrote:Welcome to our for-ums! Welcome to our for-ums!
Welcome, Squidward! Welcome, Squidward! Welcome, Squidward! Welcome, Squidward!

Banner quote plz
Zyquux
Zyquux
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Axel Thu May 02, 2013 12:48 am

Dammit guys! It hasn't been a week yet since I left and this place already has Diabeetus! Nice job taking care of the forums.

But in all seriousness, welcome here.
Hunter Axel
Hunter Axel
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Minerva
HP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue710/800Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (710/800)
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Diabeetus-Tan Thu May 02, 2013 12:57 am

Hunter Axel wrote:Dammit guys! It hasn't been a week yet since I left and this place already has Diabeetus! Nice job taking care of the forums.

But in all seriousness, welcome here.

Aww jeez, I didn't mean to infect the place!

And in all serious, thank you all for the warm welcomes XD
Diabeetus-Tan
Diabeetus-Tan
Really Active Guy
Really Active Guy

https://www.youtube.com/user/SingingSamine

Back to top Go down

Post by StalinCommander Thu May 02, 2013 1:03 am

Someone else here enjoys Danger Ronpaul.

...Amazing! I predict this is going to work out amazingly.
StalinCommander
StalinCommander
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

ANV Character
Name: Dr. Vladiovich Von Krusteacov Ruskieman
HP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue308/400Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (308/400)
TP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue920/1000Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (920/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next