Halolz Mafia Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 69: Chaos Rising

+11
Zink120
Gam
Link Lab
Zyquux
Caelun_Niveus
Scept
French Connections
MrNaleIt
Tael
Cloak
Rainboy
15 posters

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 7 Empty Re: Round 69: Chaos Rising

Post by Gam Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:48 pm

Zink120 wrote:My bad. I'm in the process of reading the whole game now. Will change my vote soon.
A large amount of this rounds communication happened through PMs, so you're bound to run into a wall there.
Gam
Gam
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Wibli
HP:
Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue775/800Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (775/800)
TP:
Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue475/500Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (475/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zink120 Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:49 pm

>tfw no one but French PMed me, asking for a role reveal and he didn't even reply to that.
shikushiku m80

Edit: Ok I think I'm semi up speed now after a little PMing.

There's a theory that lynching Cloak won't work, but it doesn't seem to be widely held. Other than that, it kind of looks like Nale and Scept are getting a free ride.
Stalin and French seem pretty ok logically, but my gut instinct means I still suspect them.

I'll change to [vote Cloak] because that's obviously what's going to happen, it's just this way we don't have to wait as long for it.
Zink120
Zink120
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

https://www.youtube.com/user/Zink120

Back to top Go down

Post by MrNaleIt Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:11 pm

countervote because I'm pretty much lost [vote Scept]
MrNaleIt
MrNaleIt
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Truck
HP:
Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue800/800Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (800/800)
TP:
Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue490/500Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (490/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainboy Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:32 pm

Note: Round has not ended yet. I'm aware we have 5 votes posted and that there's 5 required for lynch. Shenanigans are at work here.
Rainboy
Rainboy
Bot Owning Guy
Bot Owning Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scept Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:38 pm

[vote Cloak] to end it, then.
Scept
Scept
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Lynn
HP:
Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue520/600Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (520/600)
TP:
Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue1400/1500Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (1400/1500)

http://sceptilianblade.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainboy Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:42 pm

If only that DID end it. =P
Rainboy
Rainboy
Bot Owning Guy
Bot Owning Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tael Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:35 pm

I think French is innocent, still not sure about Stalin. Some of his logic is pretty convoluted.

Nale seems to be voting randomly and not paying attention, which I guess is par for the course with nale. Scept isn't really contributing much and is happy to vote darkness, which MAY be because he knows for sure darkness can't be lynched.

So my top suspects are stalin and scept. Although zink has been known to mindgame pretty hard before, and this surge in activity might be just to sow confusion.

Oh, and HATER still hasn't voted, but I think he's probably fine.
Tael
Tael
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

ANV Character
Name: Ceasar
HP:
Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue320/400Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (320/400)
TP:
Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue970/1000Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (970/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zink120 Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:40 am

You must be getting me confused with someone else, Tael. I'm appalling bad at telling anything but the truth in mafia!
Zink120
Zink120
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

https://www.youtube.com/user/Zink120

Back to top Go down

Post by HATER Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:44 am

I have but one question: Tael, are you love?

HATER
HATER
Really Active Guy
Really Active Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tael Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:02 am

No, I'm not. At this point I believe at least half the people playing know who Love is, but it's up to him to disclose it to everyone.
Tael
Tael
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

ANV Character
HP:
Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue320/400Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (320/400)
TP:
Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue970/1000Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (970/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by HATER Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:31 pm

Tael wrote:No, I'm not. At this point I believe at least half the people playing know who Love is, but it's up to him to disclose it to everyone.

>you receive pm telling who darkness is
>mafia receive same PM for love, presumably
>logically, it follows the mafia would try to shoot Love, whose name they've been given
>you claim to not be Love, yet you get shot (twice?)

If the mafia know who Love is, then why are they shooting at...you? Something seems off here if you're not Love.

Also, do you have Steam? I'd like to speak with you about some other topics too, in private if possible.

HATER
HATER
Really Active Guy
Really Active Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tael Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:45 pm

Sure, sent you a PM.
Tael
Tael
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by StalinCommander Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:10 pm

Okay Three people have survived a nightkill.
And two people have survived a lynch.

We must have quite a few vigilanties.
StalinCommander
StalinCommander
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

ANV Character
Name: Dr. Vladiovich Von Krusteacov Ruskieman
HP:
Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue308/400Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (308/400)
TP:
Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue920/1000Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (920/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainboy Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:23 pm

StalinCommander wrote:Okay Three people have survived a nightkill.
And two people have survived a lynch.

We must have quite a few vigilanties.

Rainboy wrote:During the first part of the game, the good team will have hindered information abilities and the evil team will have hindered killing abilities compared to the second part.
Rainboy
Rainboy
Bot Owning Guy
Bot Owning Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainboy Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:24 pm

Number of votes required for lynch is now down to four. This reduction has ended the round - standby for story and events!
Rainboy
Rainboy
Bot Owning Guy
Bot Owning Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainboy Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:56 pm

Book Two: Chaos
Chapter Zero: Children of the Night

Some things are predestined. Discord's chaotic nature was one of those things. Though Celestia and Luna found and banished Chrysalis to the western badlands, Discord nevertheless gave up order and embraced the chaos he'd fought for so long. A small victory for the Doctor, but not the outcome he had hoped for. For many years, Discord plagued Equestria with his newly accepted chaos, wreaking havoc with his powerful magic. Finally, after many years of diligent searching, Celestia and Luna succeeded in securing Discord's element, Laughter, and together with the other five, turned Discord to stone.

Saddened by his ultimate failure, Dr. Whooves returned to the Tardis and sailed off into time with Derpy. Perhaps he could change the future from another time... there was one last time period that was both untainted by his own manipulation and which evaded the timelock placed on so much of the era. He had one more final chance to put wrong to right once and for all; one last dawn before the eternal night. One last chance to prevent the cataclysm...

Meanwhile, in the Doctor's wake, the royal sisters slowly worked to rebuild what had been lost. Food was sparse, and one day Luna had an idea. If the kingdom split and formed a new colony, which she dubbed the Lunar Republic, perhaps the food situation could be improved with new lands to cultivate. Celestia, however, forbade the expansion because she feared a divided and weakened kingdom. The Nightmare, ever watchful, found harbor in this wedge between the sisters, and started to chip away at Luna's sanity. Though the Shadow was never able to completely gain control, the Moon Princess slowly grew to resent her sister and, one night, set out to betray her sister's decree. Luna cast her most powerful sleeping spell on the castle, sending young and old alike into a deep sleep. She then flew to the town and took as many colts as she could away into the night, to form her new colony...

Celestia awoke to darkness. Something wasn't right - a foul magic was in the air. She fought to stay awake. A sleeping spell? Yes. But who could have - Celestia's thoughts were interrupted by movement outside her window. Not yet fully awake, it took Celestia several seconds to recognize her sister flying away with a cloud of what looked to be colts behind her. Jerked into alertness, Celestia burst from her castle in pursuit. Luna, realizing she was found out, quickly hid the children and turned to face her sister. The two argued for hours, but in the end Luna, weakened from the magic she had used that night, gave in to her sister and returned to the castle. The next day, Luna refused to lower the moon when her sister raised the sun. Drawing power from the amplified dusk of Equestia's first solar eclipse, Luna fought her sister. Celestia pleaded with her sister, but when she saw that the lunar princess would not see reason, Celestia whispered a prayer of remorse for what she was about to do... and wielded the weakened Elements to banish her own sister to the moon.

Crushed by the loss of her dear sister, filled with endless regret and sorrow, Celestia nearly followed her friends in despair that night. In sorrow, she sang a lullaby to her sister under the light of the last moon her sister lifted. Strengthening her resolve, Celestia set out to deny the Nightmare its ultimate victory and, for a thousand years, Equestria peacefully grew and flourished under Celestia's careful watch...

Cloak lynched
Zyquux attacked
Zyquux survived

Cloak lost the battle, but not yet the war:

[story Book Two: Chaos, Chapter Zero: Children of the Night]
[kill Cloak, lynched]
[log Zyq, survived nightkill]
[dusk]

So I need to send out a whole new batch of roles, but I don't have enough time right now. It will likely not happen until after church tonight (~9PM EST), but I wanted to at least get this out. Rushing out the door now, will post more incrementally as I have time.

Last edited by Rainboy on Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rainboy
Rainboy
Bot Owning Guy
Bot Owning Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gam Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:29 pm

Huh... Why the heck was he so confident?
Gam
Gam
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Wibli
HP:
Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue775/800Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (775/800)
TP:
Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue475/500Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (475/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by French Connections Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:53 pm

Well played guys. ;D I'll take credit for the bus ride Cloak. :P
French Connections
French Connections
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by StalinCommander Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:07 pm

Rain wrote:However, you will be largely unable to successfully kill during the first phase of the game, so you should attempt to kill Love as quickly as you can. Good luck!

Oh. That explains that.
StalinCommander
StalinCommander
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

ANV Character
HP:
Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue308/400Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (308/400)
TP:
Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue920/1000Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (920/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tael Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:53 pm

WOO
Tael
Tael
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainboy Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:29 pm

Alrighty, I'm home and I'll start writing up and sending the PMs for part two. Please don't have any game-related conversations until I post that I am finished.
Rainboy
Rainboy
Bot Owning Guy
Bot Owning Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainboy Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:46 am

Alrighty, sorry for the delay. Been a bit of a rough evening, so PMs have gone out sporadically.

Book Two: Chaos
Chapter One: Daddy Discord

Celestia knew that the Elements, unless they were wielded by six pure hearts bound by the magic of friendship, were greatly weakened. The spells she used to seal away Sombra, Chrysalis, Discord and her sister should last a millennium. That time however, which had seemed almost an eternity, had quickly drawn near. Over the years, Celestia had carefully searched for one pure and gifted enough to wield the most elusive Element of them all, Magic. After several years of searching, and at least one rather notable failure, Celestia's Magic School had finally produced a student worthy of wielding it. Under Celestia's watchful care, Twilight Sparkle had grown in the ways of magic and, when the time was right, Celestia sent her student to Ponyville to make friends and forge the most powerful magic in Equestria; perhaps the full power of the elements would finally banish the Nightmare from both her sister and her friends.

Early success brought hope to Celestia as she was finally reunited with first her beloved sister, Luna, and then even Discord; but Chrysalis and Sombra were beyond the reach of even the fully powered Elemental magics. The darkness had been so entangled in their very being that they themselves no longer even desired to be free! Even Discord's personality had changed significantly from times of old; though the nightmare had been purged from his heart, his laughter had a cruel irony that Celestia couldn't place. Still, she was happy to be reunited with her friend, even if she did have to keep an ever watchful eye on him. At least he was reformed...

...except he wasn't. No, not Discord. The craftiest of all the beings the Nightmare conquered, Discord was able to hide the Shadow from even himself, until the time was right.

Celestia's watch relaxed over the years. Unbeknownst to her, the Shadow was secretly scheming its revenge. Its greatest triumph lay in hiding Discord's "adopted" daughter, Screwball, from Celestia and Twilight. The darkest parts of Discord's soul prided itself on their blind ignorance. In good time, the Nightmare would reawaken and propel Discord back to his most glorious chaotic rampage! United, father and daughter would reign in chaotic terror; at least, that was the Nightmare's plan.

Roles are out. Have fun everyone!

Roles of dead players (I didn't write flavor text for these, so it's just the mechanics). Note: Italics are parts of the role that are hidden from the player.
Cloak lost his chance to be King:
Shining Armor mourns Link's passing:
Shadi lost the chance to tell the truth:
Cael could've been dashing through the sky:

[dawn]
[story Book Two: Chaos, Chapter One: Daddy Discord]

Voting's open again. I don't expect I'll be online at 3AM every day to post reduction, so expect those to be late.
Rainboy
Rainboy
Bot Owning Guy
Bot Owning Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by StalinCommander Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:15 pm

Well. May as well come clean with this.

I used to be a vigilantie. Totally killed Cael.
I thought that claiming to be a Role that kept love alive was a bit suspect, and while I was attacking I was immune to death.
I had figured if he was telling the truth he'd be protected and then he wasn't protected.
And it turns out he was both telling the truth and...wasn't protected.
StalinCommander
StalinCommander
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelun_Niveus Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:23 pm

Also, I PMed Rain, and I think he said he is giving me (and I assume everyone else who died) new roles. So under that and since Stage 2 has officially started I assume that I am allowed to post again. However, I'm not sure how voting will work if VoteBot thinks I'm dead.

If I'm wrong on this, feel free to correct me. I'll withhold what I have to say until then.
Caelun_Niveus
Caelun_Niveus
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

ANV Character
Name: Johnny
HP:
Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue520/600Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (520/600)
TP:
Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue1500/1500Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (1500/1500)

Back to top Go down

Post by StalinCommander Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:03 pm

Given that what your new role would be was publicly revealed 2 posts up, I'd say you're still dead.
StalinCommander
StalinCommander
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next