Halolz Mafia Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 67: Grab Bag 2: Electric Boogaloo

+15
Zink120
Link Lab
French Connections
Gam
Rainboy
Cloak
Scept
Zyquux
Caelun_Niveus
Tael
Aboithagameboi
StalinCommander
Hunter Axel
MrNaleIt
Leo E.
19 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Round 67: Grab Bag 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 8 Empty Re: Round 67: Grab Bag 2: Electric Boogaloo

Post by Rainboy Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:40 am

Actually, I take that back. Gam/Link, go ahead and vote. I'm curious where your votes will fall. Zink should hold his vote; I have a plan.

(Gosh, PMing would be really nice now... oh well)
Rainboy
Rainboy
Bot Owning Guy
Bot Owning Guy

Back to top Go down

Round 67: Grab Bag 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 8 Empty Re: Round 67: Grab Bag 2: Electric Boogaloo

Post by Rainboy Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:15 am

Hokay, triple post, but here we go. I've finished researching and know who's mafia. I think we can actually pull off a win here... we'll see.

First off, Link and Cael are mafia. We should lynch Cael this round, and follow it up next round with a Link lynch. Mafia has a choice between ensuring that the village wins and letting it end on a coinflip between Zink and Gam. Zink, in turn, has the choice of ensuring the Mafia wins and letting the Mafia choose who else wins. This round will be interesting at any rate.

So, how'd I come up with all this? Well, there are two Mafia. I think we can all agree at this point that Zink isn't mafia (though he probably isn't village either), so he's out of the equation. Secondly, I think we can all agree that either Gam or Cael is mafia (due to conflicting claims), which in turn means that either Link or I is mafia.

I have the advantage of knowing that I'm village, so I'm 100% sure Link is the mafia of that pair (which is why I wanted him and Gam to vote in my last post, to see if he'd vote for Gam or Cael). Granted, Zink and Gam don't know that, so that point is still questionable for them. I can produce the mild evidence that I voted for Axel last round, but then again so did a very mafia Cael, so that doesn't really say much. More mild evidence in that French had been suspecting him for a while, but that's not really solid either. I'll argue that point more next round if Zink decides to hop on the village bandwagon and help us ensure mafia loses, which should be his only real move at this point unless he's no longer roleblocked and can manage a kill.

Anywho, that leaves us with the Gam and Cael thing, which is the more pressing issue at the moment. If you all recall, Gam was voted by Link R1 and was very close to lynch (coinflip with Tael). Strong evidence that Gam isn't on Link's team. The real humdinger, however, comes with Axel last round, who claimed to have peeked Gam as evil. At lylo, Axel was willing to do just about anything to get just one more bad lynch off so the mafia could win. Turns out he went too far, and sealed his team's fate when French so astutely figured out his true alignment (thanks for that, French, you made this all possible!).

So we're left with this: Everyone should agree that Cael is mafia and vote him this round. If after all this you don't believe me on that one, may Celestia have mercy on your soul (not to mention your critical thinking and basic logic abilities). The bigger issue at this point is which of Link and I are scum, though I think this post combined with the other mild evidence should tilt the scales in my favor. And the biggest question of them all is: who will Zink and the Mafia choose to win?

Needless to say:

Cael - 1 - Rainboy
Gam - 1 - Cael
2/5

Whew. I'm heading to bed. That was a big freakin' post.
Rainboy
Rainboy
Bot Owning Guy
Bot Owning Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gam Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:13 am

I might have to vote for Cael before I got to sleep, considering how close to the deadline I woke up yesterday. I'm still going to hold out until I fall asleep though. I did note that none of Rains mafia suspects have once voted together, at least one of them would vote for someone completely random. Could have been intentional, could have been subconscious, could have been coincidence. Who knows?

(Yo mods, can we implement "floater votes" which is something I just made up as a vote that doesn't actually count towards in insta-lynch? It could be only available on lynch-or-die days. It could also be hosts choice, like PMs and stuff are.)
Gam
Gam
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Wibli
HP:
Round 67: Grab Bag 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue775/800Round 67: Grab Bag 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (775/800)
TP:
Round 67: Grab Bag 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue475/500Round 67: Grab Bag 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (475/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Link Lab Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:43 am

Your proof of innocence isn't that comprehensive. First off, I was offline last night (I've ALWAYS benn offline by that time) when Axel got all of his votes so I couldn't exactly vote for him. If I was on, I would've voted for him. It would be stupid not to.

Secondly, you use French's votes on me as proof but I already explained yesterday that he was seeing patterns that just don't exist or at least, don't apply exclusively to me playing as mafia. He had no investigative powers so he can't know whether I'm town or not.

Third, writing that post shouldn't tilt you towards town or mafia. You could be genuine but you could just as easily be pulling off a ruse to try and secure the mafia victory.

At any rate, we can deal with which one of us is innocent tomorrow. For now, I agree with your conclusions on Cael. There's no way that it's a ruse without Axel planning to kill his own teammate, which would make no sense in that situation at all.

Cael - 2 - Rainboy, Link
Gam - 1 - Cael
3/5
Link Lab
Link Lab
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

ANV Character
Name: Eliot Egawa
HP:
Round 67: Grab Bag 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue400/400Round 67: Grab Bag 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (400/400)
TP:
Round 67: Grab Bag 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue920/1000Round 67: Grab Bag 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (920/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tael Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:43 am

Using my death post to say that I hate the fact that I didn't survive this round. It's the best one we've had in ages.
Tael
Tael
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

ANV Character
Name: Ceasar
HP:
Round 67: Grab Bag 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue320/400Round 67: Grab Bag 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (320/400)
TP:
Round 67: Grab Bag 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue970/1000Round 67: Grab Bag 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (970/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by French Connections Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:52 am

BASTAAAAAAAAAAAARDS! I claim being useless, and Mafia still stabs me. There goes my victory. ;__;

Leo E. wrote:French Connections:

[color=#3399ff]What she didn't know:
-Linca will kill her if she attempts to recruit Ayesha while Linca is alive.

Well fuck me, I was right on the mark with lie! ;D Good thing I chose to get Axel lynched instead of recruiting him... then again I died that round too. ;__;

Gam wrote:
(Yo mods, can we implement "floater votes" which is something I just made up as a vote that doesn't actually count towards in insta-lynch? It could be only available on lynch-or-die days. It could also be hosts choice, like PMs and stuff are.)

Sounds like genius imo. A lot less gimmicky than conditional votes.

Last edited by French Connections on Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
French Connections
French Connections
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelun_Niveus Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:24 am

Rainboy wrote:In other news, I'm kinda inclined to think Cael is the scum for being the more triggerhappy one, though Gam's careful diplomacy could also be a scared and indecisive scum.

I've got a total of three games under by belt, and the mafia is on a four win-streak.  Combined with loads of tension and drama and I'm a bit excited to say the least.

Also, Gamage said that Leo likes putting ways around kill protection in his games.  That would excuse the existence of two bulletproofs, but they why haven't either been nightkilled?

For me, it says that it's once-per-night.  Had a vigilante and the mafia ganged up I would have died. And considering that all the Alchemists (sofar and assuming Zink as well) could make bombs for nightkills that's four possible attempts per night.

Rainboy wrote:First off, Link and Cael are mafia. We should lynch Cael this round
Everyone should agree that Cael is mafia and vote him this round.
For naming two targets you sure are insistent on the order we lynch them.  An argument Link seems to be agreeing with.  And looking back, You and Axel teamed up on Zyq, neither of you voted for each other (outside this lynch, once it was obvious Axel screwed himself) Link voted for you once (when it was rather an argument between Gam and Spp) and you haven't voted for link at all.

Rainboy wrote:The bigger issue at this point is which of Link and I are scum

So at the most blind, Link is scum and we don't know who his teammate is.  So why not go with a sure-shot?

Cael - 2 - Rainboy, Link
Link - 1 - Cael
3/5

Last edited by Caelun_Niveus on Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Caelun_Niveus
Caelun_Niveus
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

ANV Character
Name: Johnny
HP:
Round 67: Grab Bag 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue520/600Round 67: Grab Bag 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (520/600)
TP:
Round 67: Grab Bag 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue1500/1500Round 67: Grab Bag 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (1500/1500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gam Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:47 am

Caelun_Niveus wrote:Also, Gamage said that Leo likes putting ways around kill protection in his games.  That would excuse the existence of two bulletproofs
Yes, and despite the mafia having that power the town tends to win in his rounds. I don't think he would skew it further in the towns favour. Besides, the round already has two kill preventing roles in my bulletproof claim and the jail keeper that died at the start.
Gam
Gam
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
Round 67: Grab Bag 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue775/800Round 67: Grab Bag 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (775/800)
TP:
Round 67: Grab Bag 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue475/500Round 67: Grab Bag 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (475/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zink120 Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:50 am

Caelun_Niveus wrote:Also, Gamage said that Leo likes putting ways around kill protection in his games.  That would excuse the existence of two bulletproofs, but they why haven't either been nightkilled?

For me, it says that it's once-per-night.  Had a vigilante and the mafia ganged up I would have died.

Something it might be helpful for me to add; in my original role it said that I could strengthen my bombs to go through one extra layer of protection, which to me also suggests that Leo has a fair bit of kill-protection going around. Personally I had a protect power, and the power to strengthen it up to last for two nights.

I'm not saying that I believe or disagree with anyone yet, but just something to bear in mind. Perhaps I had that power so that it was possible to kill a bulletproof mafia?

This is tense as hell so I'm gonna hold my vote for now like Rain suggested.
Good luck guys T__T
Zink120
Zink120
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

https://www.youtube.com/user/Zink120

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainboy Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:35 am

Caelun_Niveus wrote:So at the most blind, Link is scum and we don't know who his teammate is.  So why not go with a sure-shot?

I was going to try pushing for a Link kill, but my evidence against him isn't nearly as strong from Zink and Gam's point of view, so I went for you once I was sure you were on his team. I'm totally fine with either, for obvious reasons, and will happily hop on the Link wagon if it gets another vote.

Link Lab wrote:Your proof of innocence isn't that comprehensive.

I know. That's why I was (and am) more interested in a Cael lynch. My evidence against you, while ironclad from my point of view, is flawed in that I cannot prove my own innocence.
Rainboy
Rainboy
Bot Owning Guy
Bot Owning Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zink120 Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:15 am

Well, given that the mafia could have forced a game-winning insta-lynch by this point by both voting for either Cael or Link, I think that's pretty strong evidence that it's those too. Unless they're playing for a troll win on the final day 4tehlolz
Zink120
Zink120
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gam Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:24 am

Another point against link is the fact that I didn't get insta-lynched when you put a vote on me, considering Rain Axel and Cael were all active during that period of time. Anyways, nothing has changed, so I'm going to throw down my vote for Cael in 10 minutes. Feel free to hop off if you don't want an insta-lynch just yet, but I gotta get to sleep soon and I can't risk sleeping past the deadline.
Gam
Gam
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelun_Niveus Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:26 am

Unless:
Rainboy and Link are the mafia, and they are waiting for someone else to fall for it.

And the only way they could force the instalynch on Link at the moment would have been if neither had voted yet.

So they can't force the lynch because they are both trying to lynch me.
Caelun_Niveus
Caelun_Niveus
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

ANV Character
HP:
Round 67: Grab Bag 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue520/600Round 67: Grab Bag 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (520/600)
TP:
Round 67: Grab Bag 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue1500/1500Round 67: Grab Bag 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (1500/1500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gam Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:33 am

Caelun_Niveus wrote:Unless:
Rainboy and Link are the mafia, and they are waiting for someone else to fall for it.

Considered this, not possible. Link has posted in the time frame that you had 2 votes on you. You would be dead and the town would have lost if your theory was true.

EDIT: Wait that's totally a link vote on cael, not a zink vote. Damn their similar names.

EDIT2: Anyways, time is up and I'm heading off to sleep. Only thing left I can do is HEART OF THE CARDS. YOU CAN DO IT EXODIA!

Cael - 3 - Rainboy, Link, Gam
Link - 1 - Cael
4/5

Gam
Gam
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelun_Niveus Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:38 am

Gam wrote:
Caelun_Niveus wrote:Unless:

Considered this, not possible. Link has posted in the time frame that you had 2 votes on you. You would be dead and the town would have lost if your theory was true.

wait what? The only time anyone voted on me was Scept and this round. Rain and Link voted for me, making two and only two. When and where did Link have the opportunity to lynch me?
Caelun_Niveus
Caelun_Niveus
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gam Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:42 am

Caelun_Niveus wrote:
wait what?  The only time anyone voted on me was Scept and this round.  Rain and Link voted for me, making two and only two.  When and where did Link have the opportunity to lynch me?
Gam wrote:EDIT: Wait that's totally a link vote on cael, not a zink vote. Damn their similar names.

ink
Gam
Gam
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zink120 Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:43 am

EVERYBODY PANIC
I KNOW THE GAME IS OVER BUT I HAVE NO IDEA IF WE WON
Zink120
Zink120
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelun_Niveus Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:47 am

Gam wrote:
Caelun_Niveus wrote:
wait what?  The only time anyone voted on me was Scept and this round.  Rain and Link voted for me, making two and only two.  When and where did Link have the opportunity to lynch me?
Gam wrote:EDIT: Wait that's totally a link vote on cael, not a zink vote. Damn their similar names.

ink

I was in the middle of typing when you made that edit.
Caelun_Niveus
Caelun_Niveus
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gam Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:50 am

Zink120 wrote:EVERYBODY PANIC
I KNOW THE GAME IS OVER BUT I HAVE NO IDEA IF WE WON

Round 67: Grab Bag 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 8 Zetsuen_no_tempest-18-hakaze-panic-distress-fear-anxiety-holding_head_with_hands
You fucker, now my anxiety is back.
Gam
Gam
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:04 pm

I guess it's time to wrap this up.
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

http://hakureiillusion.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:34 pm

Day story. Very short.
Spoiler:

Caelun_Niveus (Linca) left.
Spoiler:

Night story.
Spoiler:

Zink120 (Merurulince Rede Arls) got knocked the fuck out.
Spoiler:

Link Lab (Wilbell voll Erslied) got knocked equally the fuck out.
Spoiler:

Ending story.
Spoiler:

GAME OVER
TOWN VICTORY

Remaining roles:

Rainboy:

Gam:

Night actions and awards coming up soon.
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelun_Niveus Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:37 pm

I tried to convince Link and Axel to lynch Gam but NOOOOOOOO. Gotta stick with their guns and worry about the third party.
Caelun_Niveus
Caelun_Niveus
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:37 pm

Night actions.

Night 1
spp – Gather in ruins (powder and flour)
Rofl – Use lens on Cael (guilty)
Zink – Gather in ruins (fuel and water)
Nale – Jailkeep Aboi
Axel – Gather in cave (volatile fuel)
Link – Tailor Rain mafia (success)
Cael – Kill Nale
French – Recruit Scept (fail)

Night 2
spp – Gather on farm (herb and flour)
Rofl – Kill Cael (fail)
Zink – Gather in cave (glass and fuel)
Axel – Gather in cave (bright powder)
Cael – Kill Scept
French – Recruit Zink

Day 3
spp – Synthesize pie for Gamage

Night 3
Axel – Gather in ruins (glass)
Link – Tailor Axel innocent (reversed)
Cael – Kill Gamage (fail)
French – Recruit Gamage (fail)

Night 4
spp – Gather in cave (herb)
Rofl – Block Cael
Axel – Synthesize bomb on Rofl
Link – Tailor French Mafia (success)

Day 5
spp – Synthesize pie for self

Night 5
Axel – Gather in field (powder)
Link – Tailor Gamage mafia (fail)
Cael – Kill Cloak
French – Recruit Rain (fail)

Night 6
Cael – Kill French
French – Recruit Axel (fail)

Night 7
Link – Kill Zink
Zink – Synthesize bomb w/supplement on Link

Last edited by Leo E. on Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Back to top Go down

Post by Scept Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:38 pm

AND THE MAFIA STREAK IS BROKEN.
Scept
Scept
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Lynn
HP:
TP:
Round 67: Grab Bag 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue1400/1500Round 67: Grab Bag 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (1400/1500)

http://sceptilianblade.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:39 pm

And for those curious, Alchemist gather rates. Note that only Rorona could find flour and only Meruru could find water.

Spoiler:

A 1-100 random number was rolled for each item to determine if they'd find it. Town alchemists were limited to two items per night and Ayesha was limited to one. If more came up, the lowest percentage ones were dropped.
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next