Halolz Mafia Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IMPORTANT NEWS! Broadening our horizons

+6
Zyquux
Vatonnage
Zink120
Archer
Yoshi
DA
10 posters

Go down

Should we expand our horizons?

IMPORTANT NEWS! Broadening our horizons I_vote_lcap80%IMPORTANT NEWS! Broadening our horizons I_vote_rcap 80% 
[ 12 ]
IMPORTANT NEWS! Broadening our horizons I_vote_lcap20%IMPORTANT NEWS! Broadening our horizons I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

IMPORTANT NEWS! Broadening our horizons Empty IMPORTANT NEWS! Broadening our horizons

Post by DA Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:32 pm

Archived Skype Discussion below. Read it if you have no idea what's going on.
Spoiler:

So, gentlemen, we need to expand our horizons a bit. But before we do that, we must answer the question "Is this really necessary?" for which I devised the poll above this post.

The forums have been going through a pretty slow activity deficit, going into a direct nosedive.
People have suggested that we make this like CoF, I.E. more discussion oriented.

Please leave your thoughts and a vote to help me decide.

If we do decide that broadening our horizons is the right way, do not, I repeat, DO NOT go around advertising the forum to everyone else just yet.
We will devise a way to slowly but surely gain the members we need. Speaking of Member Control, Leo is right. We have 2, highly active mods (himself included) in this joint (+ me, but I don't really consider myself "active").

Uh... crap... I forgot what else I was gonna say.
BEGUN, THE GREAT DEBATE HAS.

Last edited by DA on Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:40 am; edited 1 time in total
DA
DA
Owns this joint
Owns this joint

http://boredman-da.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT NEWS! Broadening our horizons Empty Re: IMPORTANT NEWS! Broadening our horizons

Post by Yoshi Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:06 pm

I support this idea on account that we need more variety in these here forums..since we can only mafia soooo much.
Yoshi
Yoshi
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Kit
HP:
IMPORTANT NEWS! Broadening our horizons Left_bar_bleue680/800IMPORTANT NEWS! Broadening our horizons Empty_bar_bleue  (680/800)
TP:
IMPORTANT NEWS! Broadening our horizons Left_bar_bleue500/500IMPORTANT NEWS! Broadening our horizons Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT NEWS! Broadening our horizons Empty Re: IMPORTANT NEWS! Broadening our horizons

Post by Archer Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:26 pm

Positives:

-We don't have to address news that affect our interests (e.g.: Videogames, anime, someone took over the world, something we wanna report) to the Skype chat every time someone logs on and notices for the tenth time.
-It'll leave more open discussion on Skype since we can micromanage discussions better
-More people and we actually have competent/active mods
-We just need to advertise this to the right people if we ever will
-We don't need all THAT many more people anyway since it's just for mafia
-We just may need it due to lack of people joining and shizzniggles
-Who the hell actually thinks CoF is coming back anytime soon

Negatives:

-Possibility of retards
-...well I personally can't think of much else.

Yeah that's just my two cents. Don't expect me to care unless we actually do things. Whether we need this or not is really up to the all of us.
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Dente - El Exterminador de Demonios Dos
HP:
IMPORTANT NEWS! Broadening our horizons Left_bar_bleue320/400IMPORTANT NEWS! Broadening our horizons Empty_bar_bleue  (320/400)
TP:
IMPORTANT NEWS! Broadening our horizons Left_bar_bleue955/1000IMPORTANT NEWS! Broadening our horizons Empty_bar_bleue  (955/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zink120 Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:53 pm

Funny thing, my housemate asked to join just a few minutes before I saw this thread.

I don't really see the point of going massively public, and I really like knowing (roughly) who everyone is, but at the same time I would never be opposed to new members joining, provided as you've said, that they're not total douches.

As for expanding functionality, since we're always on Skype I don't see the point in adding general sub-thread, and look how Soul's effort turned out. But again, not opposed in the slightest if that's what is wanted.
Zink120
Zink120
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

https://www.youtube.com/user/Zink120

Back to top Go down

Post by Vatonnage Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:22 pm

I think that as long as we keep Mafia as the main thing and just have regular topics for downtime discussions it should be fine.
Vatonnage
Vatonnage
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: [MLG]xXxDaRknEss420_n0sc0purxXx
HP:
IMPORTANT NEWS! Broadening our horizons Left_bar_bleue770/860IMPORTANT NEWS! Broadening our horizons Empty_bar_bleue  (770/860)
TP:
IMPORTANT NEWS! Broadening our horizons Left_bar_bleue475/500IMPORTANT NEWS! Broadening our horizons Empty_bar_bleue  (475/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zyquux Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:31 pm

Yeah, we probably need more people. We need more fresh blood to lynch. And I think our mods can keep the riff raff out. Newcomers, however, would still need to adhere to hosting rules if they wish to host though.
Zyquux
Zyquux
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: CRUSHSMASH THE SMASHCRUSHER
HP:
IMPORTANT NEWS! Broadening our horizons Left_bar_bleue380/600IMPORTANT NEWS! Broadening our horizons Empty_bar_bleue  (380/600)
TP:
IMPORTANT NEWS! Broadening our horizons Left_bar_bleue1420/1500IMPORTANT NEWS! Broadening our horizons Empty_bar_bleue  (1420/1500)

Back to top Go down

Post by DA Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:44 pm

We should probably enforce the prior rule of "Having played at least 2 games to host, or show enough knowledge of the game"
Yay or nay?
DA
DA
Owns this joint
Owns this joint

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentle Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:47 pm

Alpar wrote:-Possibility of retards

Except this time we have mods, so that won't be an issue.
Mentle
Mentle
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:52 pm

DA wrote:We should probably enforce the prior rule of "Having played at least 2 games to host, or show enough knowledge of the game"

I'd say the number needs to be higher if anything, but then again, it'll be a lot more by the time they enter the queue and wait for their turn to come around.
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

http://hakureiillusion.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scept Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:29 pm

Don't see why not. I think this could be good for us.
Scept
Scept
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Lynn
HP:
IMPORTANT NEWS! Broadening our horizons Left_bar_bleue520/600IMPORTANT NEWS! Broadening our horizons Empty_bar_bleue  (520/600)
TP:
IMPORTANT NEWS! Broadening our horizons Left_bar_bleue1400/1500IMPORTANT NEWS! Broadening our horizons Empty_bar_bleue  (1400/1500)

http://sceptilianblade.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zyquux Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:17 pm

DA wrote:We should probably enforce the prior rule of "Having played at least 2 games to host, or show enough knowledge of the game"
Yay or nay?

yay~
Zyquux
Zyquux
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: CRUSHSMASH THE SMASHCRUSHER
HP:
IMPORTANT NEWS! Broadening our horizons Left_bar_bleue380/600IMPORTANT NEWS! Broadening our horizons Empty_bar_bleue  (380/600)
TP:
IMPORTANT NEWS! Broadening our horizons Left_bar_bleue1420/1500IMPORTANT NEWS! Broadening our horizons Empty_bar_bleue  (1420/1500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyu-Shark Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:45 am

As far as I'm concerned I hold no objection to this. The arrival of more activity with sub threads will at the very least have our little community talking some more without the need to Skype thread as said previous times.
So that's my short description on the matter at hand.
Nyu-Shark
Nyu-Shark
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by DA Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:36 am

So currently, we have a great amount of people voting yes.

Gentlemen, I believe that after this upcoming mafia game, we will do a small hiatus so we can prepare the forum for incoming guests.

And no, the hiatus will not be as long as Shawn's current hiatus. (And besides, you will at least continue to post here and such)
DA
DA
Owns this joint
Owns this joint

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshi Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:16 am

I will.....why are you demanding so much from me...WHAT DID I EVER DO TO YOU! *Explodes*
Yoshi
Yoshi
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Kit
HP:
IMPORTANT NEWS! Broadening our horizons Left_bar_bleue680/800IMPORTANT NEWS! Broadening our horizons Empty_bar_bleue  (680/800)
TP:
IMPORTANT NEWS! Broadening our horizons Left_bar_bleue500/500IMPORTANT NEWS! Broadening our horizons Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down