Halolz Mafia Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official Host Queue and application thread

+28
Tael
lazy-spoon
CodePhoenix
MrNaleIt
Rainboy
Shadi
Archer
Yoshi
Massive
French Connections
Mentle
Vatonnage
Scept
Leo E.
Dracojounin7
Gam
Zink120
THE BITCH BREAKER
Cloak
StalinCommander
Hunter Axel
spplmj
Zyquux
Not_anon
The Mysterious Gourmet
OrionX
Link Lab
DA
32 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 13 Empty Re: The official Host Queue and application thread

Post by Hunter Axel Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:26 am

Yeeah I'm not in the best position either. Between lack of attendance and motivation, I'm not sure if I even want to host soon.
Hunter Axel
Hunter Axel
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Minerva
HP:
The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 13 Left_bar_bleue710/800The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 13 Empty_bar_bleue  (710/800)
TP:
The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 13 Left_bar_bleue490/500The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 13 Empty_bar_bleue  (490/500)

Back to top Go down

The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 13 Empty Re: The official Host Queue and application thread

Post by Zink120 Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:02 pm

Could be an idea to have a pause of some length, drum up some excitment. New season perhaps? The archive on this site has 33 Games, and we've just had 32 Games in season 2... Just an idea - I think everyone is busy/tired, maybe restarting studies and whatever else.
Zink120
Zink120
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

https://www.youtube.com/user/Zink120

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelun_Niveus Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:37 pm

How long of a pause should we have for a new season then? A couple weeks? A month?
Caelun_Niveus
Caelun_Niveus
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

ANV Character
Name: Johnny
HP:
The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 13 Left_bar_bleue520/600The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 13 Empty_bar_bleue  (520/600)
TP:
The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 13 Left_bar_bleue1500/1500The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 13 Empty_bar_bleue  (1500/1500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshi Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:50 pm

FOREVER!
Yoshi
Yoshi
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Kit
HP:
The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 13 Left_bar_bleue680/800The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 13 Empty_bar_bleue  (680/800)
TP:
The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 13 Left_bar_bleue500/500The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 13 Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Link Lab Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:47 am

Technically, season 3 would've started 3 months ago but I've not changed anything to reflect that since we don't have an archive sub-forum for season 2 because DA can't access the site to make it.

Also, I don't know if a hiatus will really improve anything. Our numbers are in a bad state compared to the same time last year and the year before.
Link Lab
Link Lab
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

ANV Character
Name: Eliot Egawa
HP:
The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 13 Left_bar_bleue400/400The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 13 Empty_bar_bleue  (400/400)
TP:
The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 13 Left_bar_bleue920/1000The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 13 Empty_bar_bleue  (920/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zink120 Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:46 pm

Ah, didn't know we had technical difficulties.
Maybe a short break of a few weeks, and then shall we shove DA-kun to the front of the queue, and have him host an awesome game? <3
Zink120
Zink120
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

https://www.youtube.com/user/Zink120

Back to top Go down

Post by French Connections Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:45 pm

Link Lab wrote:Technically, season 3 would've started 3 months ago but I've not changed anything to reflect that since we don't have an archive sub-forum for season 2 because DA can't access the site to make it.

Also, I don't know if a hiatus will really improve anything. Our numbers are in a bad state compared to the same time last year and the year before.

This might be a longshot, but I know Rain's forum is experiencing a similar drought of players (though not as bad). I've been playing with them for the last several months, and aside for playstyle variances (people on Rain's forum PM a lot more than on Halolz) it's the same ol' Mafia. Dunno how you guys would feel about that though, especially as Halolz is more of an insider-community. However if it facilitates the process of hosting and joining of games, and keeps the community alive in a way, I don't see why not. The playerbase is fairly similar (15 actives compares to 8 or so here). Dunno, just throwing it out there; I enjoy playing on both communities because they both have their charm.

This is just a suggestion, but what about hosting Cael's game the other forum to reach the 12+ players he needs? We likely won't get more than 8 or so on Halolz. :S Kinda makes me sad to see both communities stagnate, as I generally play on both forums simultaneously. Might be worth just trialing it out until activity resumes on Halolz/DA gets back.
French Connections
French Connections
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelun_Niveus Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:07 pm

I wouldn't mind... though I'm not sure how well Rain's forums would care for our fan-wank flavor games.

http://strawpoll.me/2668140

Worth a shot though.  Give me until Friday to iron my scenario out, and then if we want to wait a bit longer so be it.

And who knows, perhaps the whole idea of playing with new people (whom we don't know how they scheme) might stir up more attention.
Caelun_Niveus
Caelun_Niveus
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

ANV Character
HP:
The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 13 Left_bar_bleue520/600The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 13 Empty_bar_bleue  (520/600)
TP:
The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 13 Left_bar_bleue1500/1500The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 13 Empty_bar_bleue  (1500/1500)

Back to top Go down

Post by French Connections Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:01 pm

The way I see it, Mafia is Mafia. As long as the game isn't one-sided and all the players are active, people will enjoy a game. Personally, I'm pretty clueless about most of the game-themes on Halolz, and yet I thoroughly enjoy many of the rounds.
No harm in trying and we can always return to Halolz when activity rises again; the alternative is no Mafia here by the looks of it. :/
French Connections
French Connections
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainboy Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:15 pm

French Connections wrote:The way I see it, Mafia is Mafia. As long as the game isn't one-sided and all the players are active, people will enjoy a game. Personally, I'm pretty clueless about most of the game-themes on Halolz, and yet I thoroughly enjoy many of the rounds.
No harm in trying and we can always return to Halolz when activity rises again; the alternative is no Mafia here by the looks of it. :/

Agreed. We play it for the game; the theme is just bonus awesomeness thrown on top.
Rainboy
Rainboy
Bot Owning Guy
Bot Owning Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelun_Niveus Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:59 pm

Right, I got my power-roles ironed out. So... how are we gonna do this merger thing
Caelun_Niveus
Caelun_Niveus
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainboy Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:29 pm

Since the concensus seems to be in favor of a merger, I'll go ahead and drop a link to our forums. Just sign up and create a thread in the Werewolf Forums subforum (the forum I linked). I will sticky your thread and the bot will read it per usual.

Areas that we may need to work out:
* A majority of our community uses Steam for private communication, since the forum is primarily a Counter Strike community. You guys primarily use Skype. We'll have to work out how to deal with that difference. I'd rather not have two seperate groups who don't interact with each other much - that's no fun.

* Our culture is pretty different. We tend to do a lot more PMing and private communication, which results in generally more concrete information coming out in earlier rounds. You guys tend to execute a few random lynches and then try to piece together the evidence based on primarily public events. We might run into a little culture shock there.

* Our command structure is more well defined than yours. We have a community-elected group of leaders called Permamods who oversee the game lineup and general admin stuffs. Occasionally, Permamods create policy to clear up grey areas and help keep things running more smoothly. I would be interested, in the name of integration, in getting one of you (likely Link, I imagine) into that group so you can participate in our admin functions and help facilitate the merger by making sure Halolz interests aren't neglected. This one is, of course, up to you all. This is merely an offer.
Rainboy
Rainboy
Bot Owning Guy
Bot Owning Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by French Connections Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:09 am

Could make it a 'no-pm' game if it simplifies things Rain. And forum PMs work just as well as Steam imo.
French Connections
French Connections
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainboy Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:22 pm

So when do you expect this to happen, Cael?
Rainboy
Rainboy
Bot Owning Guy
Bot Owning Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelun_Niveus Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:49 pm

I'll probably open the signups tomorrow. Does the other side have Votebot as well?
Caelun_Niveus
Caelun_Niveus
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainboy Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:00 am

Indeed. Over there we call him GERTY. Same code, though.
Rainboy
Rainboy
Bot Owning Guy
Bot Owning Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelun_Niveus Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:12 am

>security question
"Name one (CounterStrike) server this site has"
>I used "Deathrun"
Hooray for Detective mode!
Caelun_Niveus
Caelun_Niveus
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainboy Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:54 pm

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Sorry.
Rainboy
Rainboy
Bot Owning Guy
Bot Owning Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13