Halolz Mafia Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime and Manga Thread

+20
Caelun_Niveus
Hunter Axel
OrionX
Zink120
grashbar
Gam
Tael
Scept
CodePhoenix
Mentle
Vatonnage
DA
MrNaleIt
StalinCommander
The Mysterious Gourmet
Shadi
Leo E.
spplmj
Cloak
Archer
24 posters

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Anime and Manga Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Anime and Manga Thread

Post by Leo E. Tue May 06, 2014 5:46 pm

Alpar wrote:>There are people in this chat RIGHT NOW that aren't watching Tonari no Seki kun

Vat and I were watching it weeks ago, git gud
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

http://hakureiillusion.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Tue May 06, 2014 5:56 pm

I didn't know you were watching it.

also shhhhh not relevant
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Dente - El Exterminador de Demonios Dos
HP:
Anime and Manga Thread - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue320/400Anime and Manga Thread - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (320/400)
TP:
Anime and Manga Thread - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue955/1000Anime and Manga Thread - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (955/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by MrNaleIt Tue May 06, 2014 9:35 pm

I just binged what there is of Onepunch-Man. It's pretty good, go read it.
MrNaleIt
MrNaleIt
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Truck
HP:
Anime and Manga Thread - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue800/800Anime and Manga Thread - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (800/800)
TP:
Anime and Manga Thread - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue490/500Anime and Manga Thread - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (490/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Wed May 07, 2014 10:37 pm

And now for an objectively correct tierlist of 2014 anime thus far:

SALTY SPITOON TIER: Space Dandy, Stardust Crusaders, Tonari no Seki-kun

Somewhere in between Salty Spitoon and Weenie Hut Jr. Tier: Abarenbou, Isshuukan Friends

Weenie Hut Jr. Tier: No Game No Life

Super Weenie Jut Jr. Tier: Yuri garbage
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
Anime and Manga Thread - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue320/400Anime and Manga Thread - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (320/400)
TP:
Anime and Manga Thread - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue955/1000Anime and Manga Thread - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (955/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by spplmj Wed May 07, 2014 10:39 pm

Anime and Manga Thread - Page 9 Yuzi_p10

Hold on let me try and get Alpar's shit taste out of my mouth.
spplmj
spplmj
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Wed May 07, 2014 10:52 pm

>Yurifans buttfrustrated their pandering sucks

Anime and Manga Thread - Page 9 915
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Wed May 07, 2014 10:55 pm

Anime and Manga Thread - Page 9 PdxzxIE

>Alpar's taste being this bad
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Back to top Go down

Post by Tael Wed May 07, 2014 11:03 pm

>alpar
Anime and Manga Thread - Page 9 Gci2Cp2
Tael
Tael
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

ANV Character
Name: Ceasar
HP:
TP:
Anime and Manga Thread - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue970/1000Anime and Manga Thread - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (970/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Wed May 07, 2014 11:05 pm

We've had this discussion countless times before and it always just ends in you people not being able to admit to more strengths than weaknesses for those shows.

If you're gonna start mending that, do it effectively and do it now.
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Wed May 07, 2014 11:10 pm

No, it always just turns into "Y-you're just mad because it's shit" while you post condescending reaction images.

Oh wait, it already did.
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Wed May 07, 2014 11:46 pm

There goes the first episode of Sakura Trick.

Not worth all the hate but sure as hell not worth all the love in exchange either. I still want my time back. That was criminally boring and I feel like I lost all my brain cells.

Let's never bring this up again.
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mysterious Gourmet Thu May 08, 2014 7:29 am

It's not worth getting worked up over, it's just a series where they do cute things. Pretty harmless and relaxing, just not really what you want to watch if you want something substantial.
The Mysterious Gourmet
The Mysterious Gourmet
DONG GUY
DONG GUY

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Thu May 08, 2014 2:04 pm

Out of boredom I'm here to post some of what I think are the best anime OPs, with the first two tied as my favorite /m/ opening themes

Also honorable mentions I guess:

Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mysterious Gourmet Thu May 08, 2014 2:48 pm

Those are all pretty great. I'll add a few more to that list.

ED's need more appreciation but we can save that for another day.
The Mysterious Gourmet
The Mysterious Gourmet
DONG GUY
DONG GUY

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Sun May 25, 2014 10:40 am

Gochiusa is quickly becoming one of my favorite anime.

Really funny, ridiculously adorable, and the last couple episodes have been so heartwarming it almost hurts.

Also all the girls are at least high-tier.

Spoiler:
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Sun May 25, 2014 4:22 pm

So I'm sure some of you know, I finished Sword of the Stranger last night based on Ment's "It was pretty good" comment. And it was.

I'm not going to spoil anything plot wise, but holy HELL that animation is some of the absolute most beautiful I've ever seen in an anime. The best I've seen since Redline, frankly. And I know I know, muh 7 years hand drawn stylization, but I honestly think this movie got a better impression left on me because there's a LOT more eccentric movement through the whole film.
Bonus points for pretty neat Edo period and Studio Bones. I will warn you though, even if founded more on realism than fantasy, the action can get a tad over the top at times (nothing too "anime" though like SECRET SWORD TECHNIQUE BAKUMATSUSATSU etc., worst you'll find is people jumping about 9 feet and catching swords with hands.)

If you figure you're never going to be interested in watching, at least appreciate its elder god tier art production.

SPOILER ALERT, FINAL BATTLE:
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by PinkiePie Tue May 27, 2014 12:37 am

I've been watching some of the new anime for this season, like Brynhildr. This season's got a lot of great stuff to watch, but something I just don't understand is why so many anime have a harem aspect to them. Brynhildr, No Game No Life, Nanana's Buried Treasure... I've never been a big fan of harem anime, but I'm willing to overlook it when the anime's good anyways. It just seems like it's an unnecessary component that detracts from the main story and hinders meaningful characterization.
PinkiePie
PinkiePie
Guy
Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Soapdish Tue May 27, 2014 5:05 am

Alpar wrote:So I'm sure some of you know, I finished Sword of the Stranger last night based on Ment's "It was pretty good" comment. And it was.

I'm not going to spoil anything plot wise, but holy HELL that animation is some of the absolute most beautiful I've ever seen in an anime. The best I've seen since Redline, frankly. And I know I know, muh 7 years hand drawn stylization, but I honestly think this movie got a better impression left on me because there's a LOT more eccentric movement through the whole film.
Bonus points for pretty neat Edo period and Studio Bones. I will warn you though, even if founded more on realism than fantasy, the action can get a tad over the top at times (nothing too "anime" though like SECRET SWORD TECHNIQUE BAKUMATSUSATSU etc., worst you'll find is people jumping about 9 feet and catching swords with hands.)

If you figure you're never going to be interested in watching, at least appreciate its elder god tier art production.

It saddens me that people are into this but yet to give Ninja Scroll a go. C'mon people, do it for Grandpa.
Nick Soapdish
Nick Soapdish
Veteran Guy
Veteran Guy

ANV Character
Name: Cunt Destroyer
HP:
Anime and Manga Thread - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue375/400Anime and Manga Thread - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (375/400)
TP:
Anime and Manga Thread - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue985/1000Anime and Manga Thread - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (985/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vatonnage Wed May 28, 2014 12:31 pm

PinkiePie wrote:I've been watching some of the new anime for this season, like Brynhildr. This season's got a lot of great stuff to watch, but something I just don't understand is why so many anime have a harem aspect to them. Brynhildr, No Game No Life, Nanana's Buried Treasure... I've never been a big fan of harem anime, but I'm willing to overlook it when the anime's good anyways. It just seems like it's an unnecessary component that detracts from the main story and hinders meaningful characterization.

I agree with the sentiment, though I'd much prefer if the protagonist was shown to be a proactive pervert than just a Gary Stu that gets perverted situations thrown at him just because. At least in that respect it'll show that he has some personality. And yeah harems can easily be overlooked when characters are actually developing and not hopping on the main character's dick.
I wonder when we'll have commonplace anime where they depict a realistic gender ratio though.
Vatonnage
Vatonnage
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: [MLG]xXxDaRknEss420_n0sc0purxXx
HP:
Anime and Manga Thread - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue770/860Anime and Manga Thread - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (770/860)
TP:
Anime and Manga Thread - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue475/500Anime and Manga Thread - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (475/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Wed May 28, 2014 11:38 pm

Anime and Manga Thread - Page 9 3ADNPZg

Jesus Christ Shaft
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Back to top Go down

Post by grashbar Thu May 29, 2014 6:42 am

Leo E. wrote:Anime and Manga Thread - Page 9 3ADNPZg

Jesus Christ Shaft
Anime and Manga Thread - Page 9 IpMFBUH
grashbar
grashbar
Veteran Guy
Veteran Guy

ANV Character
Name: Walker Gallier
HP:
Anime and Manga Thread - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue720/800Anime and Manga Thread - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (720/800)
TP:
Anime and Manga Thread - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue500/500Anime and Manga Thread - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Thu May 29, 2014 12:58 pm

Just finished Madoka. All in all it was really good, had a little pacing issue at the beginning, but everything else more than made up for it. Great visuals, amazing animation, and the motherfucking soundtrack.

Spoiler:
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Back to top Go down

Post by PinkiePie Thu May 29, 2014 1:58 pm

Madoka Magica's fantastic. Don't watch the movies though; the first two make some minor changes that aren't a big deal but change the show thematically, and the last movie is rubbish.
Everybody I know who's watched it has gotten hung up on the third episode. Most of my friends still haven't finished it because they don't want to watch after that XD
PinkiePie
PinkiePie
Guy
Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Thu May 29, 2014 9:54 pm

PinkiePie wrote:Madoka Magica's fantastic. Don't watch the movies though; the first two make some minor changes that aren't a big deal but change the show thematically, and the last movie is rubbish.

Are they recaps of the season? I doubt they're any worse than the Nanoha movies.

Watching them anyway. If there's ever been a series where 12 episodes isn't enough, it's this one.

PinkiePie wrote:Everybody I know who's watched it has gotten hung up on the third episode.

Ever waifu a character 30 seconds before she dies horribly?

Seriously, that fucking stung.
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Back to top Go down

Post by PinkiePie Fri May 30, 2014 4:39 pm

Leo E. wrote:Are they recaps of the season? I doubt they're any worse than the Nanoha movies.

The first two are recaps with some stuff cut out for reasons I don't understand. And Homura and Madoka are wearing wedding dresses at the end of the second movie, because subtlety is dead.
You know how Bleach movies aren't canon, and are stupid, and everybody hates them because every character becomes functionally retarded and nothing makes sense? The third movie is like a Bleach movie, but with less tits.
PinkiePie
PinkiePie
Guy
Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next