Halolz Mafia Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW

+13
Archer
OrionX
Nyu-Shark
Vatonnage
Yoshi
StalinCommander
Leo E.
Zyquux
MrNaleIt
Hunter Axel
French Connections
Scept
DA
17 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Empty Re: The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW

Post by CodePhoenix Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:05 am

You guys seriously don't know how much I love that we are discussing things as one big group.

That aside, what ever happened to the forum rules we made for CoF? I'm sure that can transfer here with a bit of revising.

Aside from that time to kick back and watch this happen!

Also this sounds a bit elitist, but private forum for vintage members only to discuss things to help the site and such?
CodePhoenix
CodePhoenix
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Empty Re: The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW

Post by Zyquux Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:58 am

Phoenix wrote:Also this sounds a bit elitist, but private forum for vintage members only to discuss things to help the site and such?
That's what the Skype chats are for, right?

Speaking of Skype, how are we going to handle the mafia shenanigans in Skype chats? A lot of important information happens in Skype. We can't just discount the stuff in there (i.e. in-character vs. out-of-character info) and restricting mafia discussion from the chat would be kind of boring.
Zyquux
Zyquux
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: CRUSHSMASH THE SMASHCRUSHER
HP:
The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue380/600The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (380/600)
TP:
The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1420/1500The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1420/1500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scept Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:59 am

Phoenix wrote:That aside, what ever happened to the forum rules we made for CoF? I'm sure that can transfer here with a bit of revising.

The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Elysianforumstencommandments
Eyyyyyyyyyy.
Scept
Scept
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Lynn
HP:
The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue520/600The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (520/600)
TP:
The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1400/1500The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1400/1500)

http://sceptilianblade.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Axel Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:31 am

Zyquux wrote:Speaking of Skype, how are we going to handle the mafia shenanigans in Skype chats? A lot of important information happens in Skype. We can't just discount the stuff in there (i.e. in-character vs. out-of-character info) and restricting mafia discussion from the chat would be kind of boring.

You know I never thought of that. In addition, what will we do in order for mafia guys to communicate with each other? While typically the godfather (if there is one) makes the decision on who to kill, communication won't be as smooth and easy as when plans are usually made on skype.

We could just have it so that all players of mafia should have skype and the host can put them together in a group like we usually do. But what do you guys think?

As for mafia/DA chat, I don't think too much happens in there. Mostly just reactions to the lynch and night's kill. Maybe a tiny bit of speculation but nothing that really throws the votes and decisions in a different directions. That's were private messaging comes in.
Hunter Axel
Hunter Axel
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Minerva
HP:
The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue710/800The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (710/800)
TP:
The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue490/500The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (490/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by StalinCommander Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:48 am

The majority of Mafia-related discussion in the mafia chat happens just before and just after an update, so yes, reactions and speculations, no one ever actually theorizes in the mafia chat. The only time I've seen people thinking of who could be what in the chat is during Time Travel mafia and everyone was flipping out over the cult aliens.

So, I don't think new users would be missing too much if they weren't added into the skype chat before they were proven sane.
I remember I invited a friend onto the forums once, and he immediately decided to insult half the chat, did not work out too well.
Hmm. No ideas. I suppose I could share it with my secondary friendgroup, but, I hate half of them.
StalinCommander
StalinCommander
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

ANV Character
Name: Dr. Vladiovich Von Krusteacov Ruskieman
HP:
The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue308/400The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (308/400)
TP:
The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue920/1000The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (920/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zyquux Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:15 am

Most of the time, the hardcore discussion/theory/planning happens on Skype for the last 1-2 days. In the last round, the last day ended within an hour or so of the previous day because we coordinated on Skype. I remember a couple of times when some stuff from Skype factored into my decisions.
Zyquux
Zyquux
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: CRUSHSMASH THE SMASHCRUSHER
HP:
The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue380/600The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (380/600)
TP:
The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1420/1500The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1420/1500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Axel Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:45 am

It also depends on whether or not private messages are allowed for each round which may affect how planning and discusion may happen and be influenced. Yes I see your point Zyq about what happened in the last round but that's also because it was either skype or the thread where anyone could talk to the other players, and since everyone we know is on skype, of course that's the faster method of getting the message across.

Depending on the host, once we get these new guys coming in and until they prove themselves worthy, we'll have to go back to the old way of posting what we can on the threads and private messages.
Hunter Axel
Hunter Axel
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue710/800The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (710/800)
TP:
The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue490/500The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (490/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by StalinCommander Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:45 am

So there we are.
Lynch all the newbies day one.

If we had done that last round, we'd have gotten a mafia much quicker!
StalinCommander
StalinCommander
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

ANV Character
HP:
The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue308/400The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (308/400)
TP:
The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue920/1000The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (920/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Axel Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:02 am

So much for treating everyone equally, Stalin. You already broke your promise before you even got the chance to be mod.
Hunter Axel
Hunter Axel
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by StalinCommander Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:09 pm

I am simply assuring that they will have the equal distribution of required information as they need it.
It wouldn't be equal at all for us to collaborate on skype without them, would it?

The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Ani-gant-tie
StalinCommander
StalinCommander
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:11 pm

Okay so aside from my own selfish ideas, lemme just count up what we will have:

1) An introduction thread
2) Those 10 forum commandments Draco made for us somewhere on a stickied thread, perhaps with some extra rules to go with it regarding mafia games
3) Master ID thread like the one Orion made

The closest thing we haven't solved yet is who third mod will be. To be frank, I think a whole lot of us are mature enough to handle the responsibility. Though I think Axel or Stalin would be best, personally.

Did I miss anything?

EDIT:

4) I personally think Orion's thread about new thread ideas would be very nice now that I proofread the last page a bit.
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Dente - El Exterminador de Demonios Dos
HP:
The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue320/400The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (320/400)
TP:
The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue955/1000The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (955/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Axel Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:34 pm

Perhaps we could have the old "halolz/shawn should post this" thread revived. Sure we have quite a bit we show and share on skype, but why keep it to ourselves when we can show it to the other guys as well?

I realize a lot of what we're doing seems to be trying to revive CoF, but let's also not forget our roots here. We mafia, we roll, we live.
Hunter Axel
Hunter Axel
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:50 pm

Hunter Axel wrote:Perhaps we could have the old "halolz/shawn should post this" thread revived. Sure we have quite a bit we show and share on skype, but why keep it to ourselves when we can show it to the other guys as well?

I realize a lot of what we're doing seems to be trying to revive CoF, but let's also not forget our roots here. We mafia, we roll, we live.

Well yeah of course, I'm just throwing in the things we should/will be adding. We are indeed still mafia players at heart in this here forums.

Anyway I think a simple "non game lolz" and "Halolz should post this" thread for each should warrant separation. Also so we don't have to go around linking whatever has been/will probably be linked a gorillion times in the Skype chats. That was what I said in the "should we branch out" thread anyway, just a reminder is all.
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue320/400The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (320/400)
TP:
The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue955/1000The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (955/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:51 pm

Motions to create a new thread must be made while offering a blood sacrifice.
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

http://hakureiillusion.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Axel Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:09 pm

I vote we sacrifice Stalin for the sake of our beloved forums. His blood would be given for the equal satisfaction of the members here. He would have wanted it this way.
Hunter Axel
Hunter Axel
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentle Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:25 pm

StalinCommander wrote:I remember I invited a friend onto the forums once, and he immediately decided to insult half the chat, did not work out too well.
Hmm. No ideas. I suppose I could share it with my secondary friendgroup, but, I hate half of them.

Then do not invite whole groups, just PM people you'd like to play with here and that you think are mature enough to stay. As I said, just because we have mods (unlike CoF), doesn't mean you don't have to worry about the kind of people you bring here.
Mentle
Mentle
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by DA Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:19 pm

Well, I'm liking all these new suggestions guys, but I recently remembered that I completely forgot to promote a certain someone that deserves to be a mod, due to his extensive knowledge and activity in Mafia.

PLEASE RISE FOR THE NATIONAL ANTHEM OF YOUR NEW MOD

Alternatively, you can use this if you feel more gamey

Last edited by DA on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total
DA
DA
Owns this joint
Owns this joint

http://boredman-da.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Axel Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:27 pm

Congrats Stalin. I hope you will lead us well and lead us equally.
Hunter Axel
Hunter Axel
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:53 pm

[communism intensifies]

Congrats to our beloved Stalin.

So... what about the rest of the remodeling?
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scept Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:17 am

Labor shall be split equally amongst the people in honor of our new mod.
Scept
Scept
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Lynn
HP:
The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue520/600The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (520/600)
TP:
The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1400/1500The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1400/1500)

http://sceptilianblade.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshi Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:23 am

I STILL WANT MY DAMN CRUMBS!
Yoshi
Yoshi
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Kit
HP:
The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue680/800The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (680/800)
TP:
The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue500/500The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:25 am

I still want my cuhrazy thread.

Or at least a thread where we can show off our mad vidyaskills or something.

...it'd be nice is all I'm sayin.
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by MrNaleIt Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:48 am

I'm sure that when the new forum sections are no longer locked, we'll have the freedom to make any thread we want, so long as it's in the rules. (meaning a cuhrazee and other threads)
MrNaleIt
MrNaleIt
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Truck
HP:
The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue800/800The Big Remodeling Hiatus is NOW - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (800/800)
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by DA Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:05 am

MrNaleIt wrote:I'm sure that when the new forum sections are no longer locked, we'll have the freedom to make any thread we want, so long as it's in the rules. (meaning a cuhrazee and other threads)

This.
I'm still compy-less, you know.
DA
DA
Owns this joint
Owns this joint

http://boredman-da.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:10 am

I need to bring back up Orion's "Thread idea" thread. It sounds very useful...
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next