Halolz Mafia Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official Host Queue and application thread

+28
Tael
lazy-spoon
CodePhoenix
MrNaleIt
Rainboy
Shadi
Archer
Yoshi
Massive
French Connections
Mentle
Vatonnage
Scept
Leo E.
Dracojounin7
Gam
Zink120
THE BITCH BREAKER
Cloak
StalinCommander
Hunter Axel
spplmj
Zyquux
Not_anon
The Mysterious Gourmet
OrionX
Link Lab
DA
32 posters

Page 8 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The official Host Queue and application thread

Post by MrNaleIt Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:48 pm

MrNaleIt wrote:
StalinCommander wrote:I figure for our first Jester, it worked out nicely.
now, I know it went "nicely" this time, but I thought that it was a rule "No Jesters. Period." While I know it's not there in the ruleset thread, you, being a mod, have access to the bannerquotes. I'm pretty sure it's in there. Or did I misinterpret that as an actual rule where it is actually supposed to just be a guideline?
I shortened this in my previous post here. Since I got no answer, I assumed it was a rule.
MrNaleIt
MrNaleIt
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Truck
HP:
The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue800/800The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (800/800)
TP:
The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue490/500The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (490/500)

Back to top Go down

The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The official Host Queue and application thread

Post by Leo E. Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:49 pm

Signing up for a round is basically the same as checking the "I have read and agree to the rules and conditions" box.

In exchange for lying, I will take one of your kidneys.
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

http://hakureiillusion.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by StalinCommander Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:51 pm

Eeeyup. Nowhere in the rules does it say that I can't jester it up.

I can't figure out a way to fit a Jester into payday anyway, so, no worries.
StalinCommander
StalinCommander
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

ANV Character
Name: Dr. Vladiovich Von Krusteacov Ruskieman
HP:
The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue308/400The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (308/400)
TP:
The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue920/1000The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (920/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:26 pm

Oh yeah, stick me in for another one.
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Back to top Go down

Post by Gam Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:20 pm

Arent you already queued to co-host with Cloak?
Gam
Gam
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Wibli
HP:
The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue775/800The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (775/800)
TP:
The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue475/500The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (475/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:16 pm

Co-host =/= host
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Back to top Go down

Post by Gam Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:26 am

The rules don't say anything about hosting or co-hosting. It just says you can't enter the queue when you're already in it. Maybe the rule should be change, but that's what the rule is right now.
Gam
Gam
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue775/800The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (775/800)
TP:
The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue475/500The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (475/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:55 am

Done.

Anyway, it's Cloak's round, not mine. I'm just there for Touhou reference and balance.
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Back to top Go down

Post by Gam Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:53 am

That is an oddly specific addition to the rule, it doesn't roll off the togue. How will we appeal to the kids of this generation.
Gam
Gam
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by DA Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:13 am

OP changed to reflect the obvious rule patch.
DA
DA
Owns this joint
Owns this joint

http://boredman-da.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:53 pm

I challenge that on the grounds that we've had multiple instances where people have co-hosted or been called in to host during the designated host's round while already on the queue.

EDIT: I do want to start a debate on this, since I really don't want to ditch Cloak when he asked for my help, but if I need to...
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Axel Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:41 pm

I honestly can't recall that many other co-hosts besides him that had been on the list at the time.

Diabeetus-tan technically co-hosted with Phoenix but that was only for story. Hater and Shadi are just starting up their first mafia game here on this site.

DA had done Panty and Stocking with Yoshi. And maybe some of the earlier ones from when CoF was still up, but I can't exactly check those rounds.

Glancing at a number of our previous rounds, we've more or less flown solo and either needed to push back rounds because of life or simply asked DA for assistance when it came to figure out behind the scene actions like roles or which night shenanigans should be prioritized first.
Hunter Axel
Hunter Axel
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Minerva
HP:
The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue710/800The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (710/800)
TP:
The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue490/500The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (490/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:49 pm

DA helped Nanon with a round while he was on the queue, and I took over for Draco while I was on the queue. Also I was on there both for my own round and assisting Cloak, and nobody seemed to care.
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Axel Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:04 pm

For DA, it was established that he'd always have every tenth round reserved for himself, plus he's admin, so it's something I can't really defend or challenge for myself.

Draco's round I would write off as an emergency and that you were only making sure it followed what he designed. I should check up on that.

And yeah, for Cloak's round I don't see you doing too much aside from checking references for story and roles, maybe checking shenanigans. I never had a problem with you wanting to host after your round ended and already co-hosting with Cloak.

The way I see it, you're only giving Cloak assistance with minor things instead of taking half the credit for the round. I say go ahead and sign up for hosting another round in the list now, Cloak has his ideas and you have your own.
Hunter Axel
Hunter Axel
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Minerva
HP:
The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue710/800The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (710/800)
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Link Lab Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:53 am

I feel that the problem here is that co-hosting is poorly defined. There's 3 situations that have been brought up and are being called co-hosting but I don't really think they are.

In the case of Batmafia where Leo pretty much hosted day 3 and 4, to me, that isn't really co-hosting but more emergency (or back-up) hosting so it shouldn't count. I suppose Diabeetus-tan technically did this in round 16 as well. Probably more back-up storytelling than hosting but still, I couldn't count it as co-hosting.

In the case of Nanon's round and Shadi's round where it was always planned that someone else would be heavily involved in the hosting of the round, then that is definetly co-hosting.

In the case of Cloak's round (according to Leo), Yoshi's round (according to Axel) and at least one of the older rounds, where someone has not actively participated in the hosting of the round but has given minor advice/suggestions to the host about things like balance, roles and story, to me, that probably shouldn't count as co-hosting. I'd probably say that's being the round's advisor rather than the round's co-host. I also feel that a round's advisor isn't involved enough in a round to disallow them from signing up to host.

On saying this, Cloak's post when he signed up doesn't exactly give an idea what Leo would be doing so it would be helpful if Cloak could clarify/confirm what Leo's part in the round will be. Also, if you disagree with me, you should probably say something about it.
Link Lab
Link Lab
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

ANV Character
Name: Eliot Egawa
HP:
The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue400/400The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (400/400)
TP:
The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue920/1000The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (920/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by lazy-spoon Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:48 am

i have a name and theme for my mafia round :>!
name: sugar fists fight club underground mystery
if thats too long then just sugar fists UoU

this being said my mafia round is composed of characters made up by myself so would anyone care if i had an early sign up? not so i can start early or anything just so i know how many people will be joining and how many characters i have to make <3
lazy-spoon
lazy-spoon
Active Guy
Active Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by DA Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:20 am

That sounds... a bit unorthodox so to speak...
But usually think about 12 or so, then add/remove a couple depending on the activity during that week.
DA
DA
Owns this joint
Owns this joint

http://boredman-da.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Link Lab Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:09 am

I'd say use 15 as a base, but be prepared for as low as 12. Only 4 rounds have ever went lower than 13 on these forums and only 1 has went lower than 12. Of course, this could well have changed in 2-3 months before your round.
Link Lab
Link Lab
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

ANV Character
Name: Eliot Egawa
HP:
The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue400/400The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (400/400)
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by lazy-spoon Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:19 am

alrighty thanks guys :>
lazy-spoon
lazy-spoon
Active Guy
Active Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainboy Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:50 am

StalinCommander wrote:I feel we should drop Rainboy from the list.
As he hasn't posted in...a long while.
I'd be quite happy if I could pick that game back up. Never got a poke from anyone warning me I was in danger of losing it. Shame on you for not at least poking me on steam.

As far as activity, I found this community much less talkative in private than I'm used to. Seems anytime I had a chat with anyone, they instantly suspected me of being mafia and proceeded to lynch me. Kinda turned me off; but I'm willing to give it another go since Hater was kind enough to ask me to join his game. The community certainly has some interesting culture around it that's harder than expected to get used to.

Anyway, if I could have my spot back, that would be awesome.
Rainboy
Rainboy
Bot Owning Guy
Bot Owning Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by StalinCommander Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:16 am

Cahooting like that doesn't tend to happen as much here since there's not really a need for it.
The abundance of power rolls and the death reveals tend to make it so you don't need to take the risks of trusting people like that.

The fact that most of the time someone has been convinced to work together it's been Mafia playing a villager hasn't really helped that.
I still enjoy it.
StalinCommander
StalinCommander
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

ANV Character
HP:
The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue308/400The official Host Queue and application thread - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (308/400)
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainboy Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:52 am

Well, that answers one of my two questions. How about getting my old spot back on the list? =P
Rainboy
Rainboy
Bot Owning Guy
Bot Owning Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by StalinCommander Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:07 pm

From the looks of the Que list, you're already in.
StalinCommander
StalinCommander
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainboy Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:44 pm

StalinCommander wrote:From the looks of the Que list, you're already in.
Hmm. I seem to remember being a lot closer to Hater's game on the queue. Oh well.

Thanks.
Rainboy
Rainboy
Bot Owning Guy
Bot Owning Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadi Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:39 pm

Round 58: Winning "Team" = French Connections

Thanks for the opportunity ;)
Shadi
Shadi
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next