Halolz Mafia Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 79: Sherlock Holmes Edition [Mafia Win]

+8
Geno
Zink120
Caelun_Niveus
Link Lab
French Connections
Zyquux
Aboithagameboi
Rainboy
12 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Round 79: Sherlock Holmes Edition [Mafia Win] - Page 3 Empty Re: Round 79: Sherlock Holmes Edition [Mafia Win]

Post by French Connections Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:42 am

Caelun_Niveus wrote:I'm going to try and investigate French again tonight, see if I might be insane and get a different result.  I encourage Zyq to do the same.

Strangely enough, I think that multiple people identifying the same target is a waste. Especially given that even if you're a confused PI, it might be RNG based. The no-lynch plan revolves around Sherlock revealing your roles after death. If you are a confused townie though it might be worth peeking the same target every round to find out. HOWEVER if it turns out that you're not a confused PI, you're in fact screwing over the town massively.
Strangely enough, the sane and the insane PIs are the most useful town roles (of equal strength) in terms of identifying Mafia, and it should Mafia's priority to kill them or Sherlock first (though Sherlock is more of a late-game role while the PIs are early game).
The Naive PI is useful for finding a safe townie amongst the other players as well as Moriarty.
And the 2 confused PIs are essentially liabilities to the town (not your fault guys; it's the role) and should die asap.
Finally Sherlock is handy for creating mason circles (based on the peeks and death flips, he can have a good idea of who's legit and who's not).
Btw Geno: your peek result please before you die.
French Connections
French Connections
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Round 79: Sherlock Holmes Edition [Mafia Win] - Page 3 Empty Re: Round 79: Sherlock Holmes Edition [Mafia Win]

Post by Caelun_Niveus Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:09 pm

Rainboy wrote:
Caelun_Niveus wrote:I'm going to try and investigate French again tonight, see if I might be insane and get a different result.  I encourage Zyq to do the same.

Note: The Insane Inspector gets inverted peeks. eg, he peeks normal villagers as guilty and mafia as innocent. The two Confused Inspectors will get the random results you seem to be searching for.

Noted, my bad. Just got the names mixed up.
Caelun_Niveus
Caelun_Niveus
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

ANV Character
Name: Johnny
HP:
Round 79: Sherlock Holmes Edition [Mafia Win] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue520/600Round 79: Sherlock Holmes Edition [Mafia Win] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (520/600)
TP:
Round 79: Sherlock Holmes Edition [Mafia Win] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1500/1500Round 79: Sherlock Holmes Edition [Mafia Win] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1500/1500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zink120 Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:53 pm

Didn't really know who to peek so I peeked French too, and also got French is not mafia.

Are we still doing the [vote no lynch] thing till we work stuff out?
And should we try and co-ordinate who we peek? I feel like we're (mostly) taking shots in the dark.
Zink120
Zink120
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

https://www.youtube.com/user/Zink120

Back to top Go down

Post by French Connections Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:14 pm

Zink120 wrote:Didn't really know who to peek so I peeked French too, and also got French is not mafia.

Are we still doing the [vote no lynch] thing till we work stuff out?
And should we try and co-ordinate who we peek? I feel like we're (mostly) taking shots in the dark.

Getting a scum vibe from you tbh my bro. :/ It's pointless co-ordinating, as it allows Mafia to rig the peeks by night killing targets. This round is heavily RNG based in that respect; gotta hope that players roll the dice on the right targets. The mental process comes at R3/4.
French Connections
French Connections
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainboy Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:43 pm

Round 2 end!

French was killed. No lynch won the vote.

[dusk]
[kill French, shot]
[dawn]

PMs going out shortly.
Rainboy
Rainboy
Bot Owning Guy
Bot Owning Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainboy Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:57 pm

It has been pointed out to me that I neglected to specify that PMs are allowed. For the record, they are.
Rainboy
Rainboy
Bot Owning Guy
Bot Owning Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadi Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:58 pm

Alright I've been bullshitting about my peeks. I am Sherlock Holmes, Link and French are both innocent (as they were shot and village has no kill, so obv results are obv)

I suggest Watson messaging me asap.
Shadi
Shadi
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aboithagameboi Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:28 pm

I saw a lot of French being not mafia, but Cael's was the only one that said he was mafia. Cael also said that Shadi was innocent, and "Link and French are innocent because they were shot" is not a good way for me to believe that he's Sherlock.

[vote shadi]
Aboithagameboi
Aboithagameboi
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelun_Niveus Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:38 pm

Well, I did investigate French again, and he came up innocent this time.  So I'm confused as fuck, and that means my "innocent" peak at Shadi is meaningless.

So I'mma go with Aboi on this one. As Sherlock, it would be more helpful to tell us if the dead were Normal, Insane, or Confused, rather than the obvious "they were innocent because they were nightkilled"
[vote Shadi]
Caelun_Niveus
Caelun_Niveus
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

ANV Character
HP:
Round 79: Sherlock Holmes Edition [Mafia Win] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue520/600Round 79: Sherlock Holmes Edition [Mafia Win] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (520/600)
TP:
Round 79: Sherlock Holmes Edition [Mafia Win] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1500/1500Round 79: Sherlock Holmes Edition [Mafia Win] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1500/1500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadi Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:11 pm

Looks like we've got ourselves a couple of scummy posts here, I'm gonna add my vote on Aboi [Vote Aboi]
Shadi
Shadi
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zyquux Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:15 pm

I got that Aboi is not mafia. Maybe I'm naive?
Shadi is either not paying attention or lying (probably the latter).

[vote Shadi]
Zyquux
Zyquux
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: CRUSHSMASH THE SMASHCRUSHER
HP:
Round 79: Sherlock Holmes Edition [Mafia Win] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue380/600Round 79: Sherlock Holmes Edition [Mafia Win] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (380/600)
TP:
Round 79: Sherlock Holmes Edition [Mafia Win] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1420/1500Round 79: Sherlock Holmes Edition [Mafia Win] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1420/1500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadi Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:47 pm

Zyquux wrote:I got that Aboi is not mafia.  Maybe I'm naive?
Shadi is either not paying attention or lying (probably the latter).

[vote Shadi]

And what makes you sane, AND not mafia?
Shadi
Shadi
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aboithagameboi Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:15 pm

Shadi wrote:I find that Aboi is not mafia

Come on man
Aboithagameboi
Aboithagameboi
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadi Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:28 am

Aboithagameboi wrote:
Shadi wrote:I find that Aboi is not mafia

Come on man

Yea, I'd go around claiming to be Sherlock when I want people to think I'm a normal inspector at first? Genius.
Shadi
Shadi
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadi Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:35 am

I was just told there is no Watson, well that claim went nowhere lol. >_>
Shadi
Shadi
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainboy Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:16 am

First, may I remind you all that this round is LYLO if you all decide to lynch.

Second, we are one vote away from instalynch.

Good luck, guys.
Rainboy
Rainboy
Bot Owning Guy
Bot Owning Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aboithagameboi Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:33 am

Town is stacked against anyway. If Geno is town and gets modkilled, Town loses. If Shadi is Town and we lynch him, we lose.

I think if Geno is town and Shadi is mafia we lose anyway, or it's still lylo. Shadi just isn't putting up a good defense for himself so let's go for it.
Aboithagameboi
Aboithagameboi
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelun_Niveus Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:43 pm

Rainboy wrote:First, may I remind you all that this round is LYLO if you all decide to lynch.

Second, we are one vote away from instalynch.

Good luck, guys.

I get an ominous feeling from that post... I'm not changing my vote though, Shadi's been acting shady as fuck.
Caelun_Niveus
Caelun_Niveus
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zink120 Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:41 pm

Well, people seem pretty sure about Shadi so I guess I'll [vote Shadi] too? V sorry if I screw us all over with this :=/
Zink120
Zink120
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadi Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:02 pm

Such obvious mafia wagoning, whoever's town gonna regret this when over xD

And what defense do you want me to put up in this situation? I told you every result I got which is everything I know, I told you why I came out which was a derp coz lack of Watson.
Shadi
Shadi
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelun_Niveus Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:15 pm

Shadi wrote:And what defense do you want me to put up in this situation? I told you every result I got which is everything I know, I told you why I came out which was a derp coz lack of Watson.

1. Nothing anymore. Instalynch happened. Even on the small chance you were telling the truth, the time for it to matter is over.

2. What you COULD have said, were you actually who you claimed, is the sanity of the deceased players, rather than their alignment. That whey were innocent? No shit, Sherlock, we knew that from the fact that they died.

Basically, your bogus roleclaim was bogus.
Caelun_Niveus
Caelun_Niveus
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadi Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:57 pm

Did you ever ask for their sanity, other than counting how many of the sane/insane ppl could possibly alive it'd help nothing.

Since it's instalynch you'll see I wasn't mafia once the host posts his actions lol.
Shadi
Shadi
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadi Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:58 pm

but yeah GG mafia.
Shadi
Shadi
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainboy Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:15 pm

Game, set and match. Instalynch reached.

Shadi was lynched and Geno modkilled, leaving us at exactly parity.

Roles:

Awards:
Rainboy
Rainboy
Bot Owning Guy
Bot Owning Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zink120 Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:19 pm

GG, all. Thanks for an interesting round, Rain.

Feel bad for killing Shadi, but that's the game!
Good logic from French, as you said, but it sure got our attention, so he wasn't gonna last long enough to help the town much.
Shame about Geno, could have gotten really tense, but that tipped the balance off somewhat.
Zink120
Zink120
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next