Halolz Mafia Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game suggestion thread

+20
Aboithagameboi
Tael
grashbar
Vatonnage
Hunter Axel
Scept
spplmj
DA
OrionX
Nick Soapdish
Zyquux
StalinCommander
Leo E.
Dracojounin7
Cloak
MrNaleIt
Archer
The Mysterious Gourmet
Mentle
Yoshi
24 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Game suggestion thread

Post by Leo E. Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:27 pm

Alpar wrote:https://i.imgur.com/KfKWkGl.jpg
At least as far as Part 1 goes.

Gods, I've never been this thoroughly bored in a long time.
I could go on for hours about my problem with it but I'll keep it short. I was having fun the first few hours then it plummeted quick, and then I was just left detached the whole journey hoping things would pick up fast since people praise the writing like crazy.
That was the most disappointing experience I've had in a while.
Here's to hoping Part 2 is an exponential improvement.
And that I'll muster enough boredom one day after attending to my backlog to get to it.

Game suggestion thread - Page 7 6134757048_6ca67e60e3_b
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

http://hakureiillusion.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:36 pm

Implying almost everything about book 1 wasn't straight up low tier.
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Dente - El Exterminador de Demonios Dos
HP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue320/400Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (320/400)
TP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue955/1000Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (955/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:21 am

Alpar wrote:Implying almost everything about book 1 wasn't straight up low tier.

>He didn't even touch fluffy tail
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:59 pm

So I've been talking about it with a friend recently, given that I beat MGS a few weeks ago, I should mention Snake Eater is the most loved in general by the fanbase and should definitely be given a shot by anyone that's beaten the first two Solids.

I think the whole structure of the gameplay is brilliant. I'm not gonna lie, I think this is the one game that has constant menu navigation/checking that's done right, as much of a burden as it sounds to be. And it's also probably the game that emulates survival best out of any other.
It really capitalizes on the whole struggle for survival. The stamina bar is different from your actual hit points which also reminds you how much you need to constantly be eating and staying away from general health detriments like burns or poisons.
Everything about the stamina feels important. Whatever status ailment you have needs to be patched by a certain medicine, and those medicines are limited. Whenever you eat something it might affect your stamina depending on how nutritious it is or how bad it tastes.

Something is always missing. Your battery is always being drained, your ammo might be running low, you might need to wait out your health recovery a bit before running into the next danger, you're running out of wild animals/they're becoming too rotten and there hardly seems to be anything to eat so you need to have the keenest lookout for anything that can be consumed, some burden is always there. And it's not just that, you have an actual mission to be doing. The enemy is completely accounted for and kept fed, healthy, and prepared unlike you, while also on the notice of being professionally trained killers. You need to look for ways to do that yourself whether it involves a sabotage of that or not. It sounds like a pain in the balls, and frankly it is. But it works to favor because almost nothing is handed out to you. Everything is because of your own accord, your own skill, without the game having to be overly sadistic or babying when you make a mistake. It really calculates for your job well done, and it's a great reminder of the best part a game can offer: the feeling of a well earned success, and that you ARE able to live up to a crushing task.
And of course the story is pretty great, the dialogue perhaps being among the best you'll ever find in a game.
I don't think I've fully felt a proper appreciation for Snake Eater until recently. Even if only to play Snake Eater, I also suggest people get into the first two MGS games asap.
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue320/400Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (320/400)
TP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue955/1000Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (955/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by StalinCommander Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:13 am

One of you guys should get Nazi Zombie Army.

It's a game a lot like L4D, get from point A to point B, fighting zombies along the way. There are even Seiges that mimic the crescendos and finales where you hole up as a horde comes in.

And it's 4 player co-op.

The problems of it come in when you don't have the 4 players, there are quite a lot of areas specifically set up for multiple people, and you can just tell something is off when you don't have at least one guy backing you up.

But, there's X-Ray cam, which is kickass as you see the bullet rip through a zombie's skull, the Sieges are well placed with points in them for you to shoot off zombie heads as they shamble to you, and though the game's way of making things more difficult, "Spawn more zombies, fucking everywhere" , can be very annoying,  zombie killing is one of the things that doesn't get old.

Plus I'm stuck on the Occult General and will need help.

Plus you can shoot a zombie's nuts off.
StalinCommander
StalinCommander
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

ANV Character
Name: Dr. Vladiovich Von Krusteacov Ruskieman
HP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue308/400Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (308/400)
TP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue920/1000Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (920/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:04 pm

So I finally beat Dynamite Headdy on the Sega Genesis *coughemulator* (thanks DA for the certain cheat you handed, otherwise it would've taken me like another few years...)

It's single handedly got to be the most brutal game I've ever played in my entire life.
You thought Dark Souls, God Hand, or DMC3 was unforgiving? None of you KNOW unforgiving until you've played Dynamite Headdy. The first few levels start out reasonably simple enough then they start divulging into difficulty levels of "no mercy" and "even less than no mercy".

Thank you for the awesome suggestion DA. I thoroughly enjoyed myself through all the anger that fueled me on the journey (minus the final boss, too much split second learning for my tastes)

Not perfect, but it's definitely aged well, to be an exhilarating experience. A really good one at that.
I'd definitely at least suggest people give it a try, but I don't expect anyone to beat it anytime soon unless they're handed the same cheat DA gave me.
...close that Google tab right now.
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelun_Niveus Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:00 pm

Picked up "Command & Conquer: Renegade".  Graphics haven't aged the best, and the single player can get annoying a bit.  But the Multiplayer seems like it would be fun.   Also, as old as it is it has several mods, including a couple stand-alone ones that reflavor the gameplay into other titles of the C&C library.  

The one I'm most interested in at present is called "Red Alert: A Path Beyond" that changes it from
Global Defense Initiative - vs - The Brotherhood of Nod
to
Allies - vs - Soviets in a Cold War that went hot.

It (and the Red Alert rts series) also bring to us the finest example of weak, American damage - vs - Real, Soviet Damage!

Edit: Also, the game is completely, 100%, no pay-to-anything free. For A Path Beyond and Reborn (Tiberian Sun mod), you don't even need the base game.
https://www.bluehellproductions.com/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=8
Just this launcher, for both.
Caelun_Niveus
Caelun_Niveus
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

ANV Character
Name: Johnny
HP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue520/600Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (520/600)
TP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue1500/1500Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (1500/1500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:40 pm

So I beat Viewtiful Joe just now

Nobody has an excuse. You get this game, and play it on Adult right now.

Great challenge, fantastically creative and responsive mechanics, CUHRAYZEE, and addictively fun to play. Adapting is the hardest part about this game too.

Also >not playing Clover Studios vidya

all ya'll get on it.
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scept Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:54 pm

>Implying I have either console to do it with
Scept
Scept
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Lynn
HP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue520/600Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (520/600)
TP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue1400/1500Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (1400/1500)

http://sceptilianblade.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:16 pm

You have a Wii, don't you?
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:50 pm

All Recommended Games by me:

Special Recommendations for those of the upper class:
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by grashbar Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:43 am

So I beat Layton vs Wright last night and I will say this.

It's absolutely god tier with everything. Unfortunately there were only one puzzle with contradictions in it in the whole game, which is a shame, but it's an amazing trip the whole damn way through.
grashbar
grashbar
Veteran Guy
Veteran Guy

ANV Character
Name: Walker Gallier
HP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue720/800Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (720/800)
TP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue500/500Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:10 am

Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Back to top Go down

Post by StalinCommander Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:01 pm

Finally got around to playing Link Between worlds.
It's basically Link to the Past but new.

9/10 would reccomend, am currently reccomending.

The wall merging mechanic is a lot less assinine than I had expected and allows for a lot of exploring in a fluid way.
StalinCommander
StalinCommander
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

ANV Character
Name: Dr. Vladiovich Von Krusteacov Ruskieman
HP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue308/400Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (308/400)
TP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue920/1000Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (920/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:51 pm

Oh, right, I played Raidy I and II a little bit ago.

First one was kinda shit. But the second one wasn't bad.

That being said, the one thing I did really like is Raidy herself. She's one of the more enjoyable characters I've seen in a while.

And I'm totally not just talking about how she's a ridiculously attractive closeted lesbian masochist. Nope. Not at all.
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Soapdish Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:56 am

Warning this will be long cause I just finished a bunch of games at once (also cause no skype means more forum time for me).

So I finished Ocarina of Time, Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies and Bravely Default.

I guess I don't really need to recommend Ocarina of Time. It's not my favourite Zelda but it is good. I don't know if this is because I'm on a XL but the 3D on it is not good. Did enjoy the last fight but it sure was easy.

Ok Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies, wow. I just downloaded the DLC but I haven't played that so I'll just talk main game. Gameplay wise, the new gameplay elements I really like. I find the gameplay altogether is much much better. Just the little touches. I have zero problem not being able to investigate every area I much prefer having to do less investigation bits. The investigation bits being 3d is great. Graphically the game is great, except there's one part where you can tell that the mouth movement is only mean to be viewed from one angle cause on other angles it makes people look like they have facial deformities. I love the new failure system cause it allows me to see every single failure text with no real penalty. Text skipping and saving way better as well. Streamlined gameplay makes things much more enjoyable for me.
Love love love the last 3 cases. Really hype stuff. Some great new characters as well. I think this game is better then Apollo Justice (despite how much I love Trucy and Ema). Highly recommended especially at it's lower price. It's great.

Bravely Default, wow this game made me go through the whole spectrum of emotions. From complete joy to overflowing rage. My save file says 130 hours so I definitely spent enough time with this game.
To start with Gameplay, the battle system is great the job system is great. It's a great Final Fantasy game. I'd say enemy design (of non humans) is just average. Things like Game settings, battle settings, Event viewer are great features. All games need an event viewer. Really like a lot of the enemy human character designs. They're the best characters. Music is god tier.
On to some maybe spoilerish things.

Minor spoilers about length:
Major spoilers:
But that ending. The payoff from that was worth all the anger I felt previous. It was so good and some of the things that happened I just loved. Great touches.
spoiler on what you get after credits:
Summary: I loved it but not perfect for sure.
Nick Soapdish
Nick Soapdish
Veteran Guy
Veteran Guy

ANV Character
Name: Cunt Destroyer
HP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue375/400Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (375/400)
TP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue985/1000Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (985/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Fri May 16, 2014 8:08 am

Okay so I haven't beaten Cave Story yet, in an attempt to get the true ending, but I'm up to the Sacred Grounds. I'm looking forward to playing it again to see what else I can do with the normal ending and all that.

The game is easily worth 10 dollars (or a pirate if you don't wanna pay) but holy HELL do NOT use that cancerous Nicalis translation if you get the Steam version, go Aeon Genesis. They changed so many things unnecessarily it actually made me a little mad. Quote's name was changed to.... Mr. Traveler. I'm sure I don't need to say much else because we had this kinda talk yesterday.

Also if you play with anything other than the classic version of the music you're a casual.
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tael Fri May 16, 2014 9:27 am

I understand the charm of the original music when it's such a good representation of old chiptune, but I much prefer listening to the remastered tracks overall. They're just... better quality.

Really didn't like many of the 'new' OST tracks over the classic one, though.
Tael
Tael
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

ANV Character
Name: Ceasar
HP:
TP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue970/1000Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (970/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshi Fri May 16, 2014 2:22 pm

Alpar wrote:or a pirate if you don't wanna pay)

YAR HAR FIDDLE DEE DEE BEING A PIRATE IS ALRIGHT WITH ME!
DO WHAT YOU WANT CUSE A PIRATE LIVES FREE!
YOU ARE A PIRATE! (You are a dirty rotten scum sucking pirate :D)

Also I am here to quickly recommend ANY FUCKING KIRBY GAME.

srsly if you have never played any then get the collection and back to dream land for Wii and judge by a certain bastards taunting get the new triple deluxe and kirby super star ultra for DS/3DS. and if you hate kirby then you can just go burn in a firey pit you monster. :D
Yoshi
Yoshi
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Kit
HP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue680/800Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (680/800)
TP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue500/500Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:11 am

Neptunia PP certainly isn't bad.
But since it's the closest thing you're ever gonna get to an Idolm@ster game, better dust off your Vita.
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:57 am

I just got to the point in Skycat's dialogue in Ar tonelico II where she just fucking snapped on Luca.

Goddamn I love this game. It needs a good re-localization so badly.
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:16 pm

>There are people on these forums RIGHT NOW who haven't played Sengoku Rance

That just means all the good waifus were taken before you got to them.
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Axel Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:43 pm

Hunter Axel
Hunter Axel
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Minerva
HP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue710/800Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (710/800)
TP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue490/500Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (490/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelun_Niveus Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:16 am

Leo E. wrote:>There are people on these forums RIGHT NOW who haven't played Sengoku Rance

That just means all the good waifus were taken before you got to them.
1: Doesn't seem like it has that interesting of gameplay. Not calling it shitty, just something I wouldn't enjoy.
2: Don't like the idea of armies being treated only as hit-points.
3: Such a huge roster of girls and what appears to be only 3to 5 waifu-tier characters. And all of the characters belong to Rance anyway, so they can't be waifued to begin with.

Now, if someone were to make a Dynasty Warriors: Rance edition... maybe.
Caelun_Niveus
Caelun_Niveus
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

ANV Character
Name: Johnny
HP:
TP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue1500/1500Game suggestion thread - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (1500/1500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:28 am

Caelun_Niveus wrote:1: Doesn't seem like it has that interesting of gameplay.  Not calling it shitty, just something I wouldn't enjoy.
2: Don't like the idea of armies being treated only as hit-points.
3: Such a huge roster of girls and what appears to be only 3to 5 waifu-tier characters.  And all of the characters belong to Rance anyway, so they can't be waifued to begin with.

1: The gameplay is absolutely amazing, requiring a whole lot of forethought and troop management both in and out of battles. It blows pretty much every other Sengoku-period strategy game out of the water.
2: It's a huge bloody war. Troops are replaceable, commanders are not.
3: Check the tier list again. Rance girls are so waifu-able that people actually waifu some of the lower ones on that list. Plus I can pick out at least 14 there that do NOT belong to Rance, despite what he may think.
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next