Halolz Mafia Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game suggestion thread

+20
Aboithagameboi
Tael
grashbar
Vatonnage
Hunter Axel
Scept
spplmj
DA
OrionX
Nick Soapdish
Zyquux
StalinCommander
Leo E.
Dracojounin7
Cloak
MrNaleIt
Archer
The Mysterious Gourmet
Mentle
Yoshi
24 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Game suggestion thread

Post by Caelun_Niveus Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:09 am

Leo E. wrote:1: The gameplay is absolutely amazing, requiring a whole lot of forethought and troop management both in and out of battles. It blows pretty much every other Sengoku-period strategy game out of the water.
2: It's a huge bloody war. Troops are replaceable, commanders are not.
3: Check the tier list again. Rance girls are so waifu-able that people actually waifu some of the lower ones on that list. Plus I can pick out at least 14 there that do NOT belong to Rance, despite what he may think.
1: I would argue Total War: Shogun 2 might have more depth.  But regardless, I didn't say "Piece of shit", I said "Not something that I would be interested in". More like preference in hair color or long hair/short hair rather than comparing it to CoD.
2: The point is that the entire "army" is reduced in scope and effect to a pair of pants, if that.  So instead of something like this, it effectively turns into this, but with being told that "No, it's really a couple thousand guys"
Caelun_Niveus
Caelun_Niveus
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

ANV Character
Name: Johnny
HP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue520/600Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (520/600)
TP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue1500/1500Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (1500/1500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:04 am

Leo E. wrote:>There are people on these forums RIGHT NOW who haven't played Sengoku Rance

That just means all the good waifus were taken before you got to them.

I have it downloaded and I'll play it next week when I go away on vacation and stuff with my friends.

Riiiiiiiiight after I beat AAI2... and Okami... and Xenoblade...
...and... yeah...
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Dente - El Exterminador de Demonios Dos
HP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue320/400Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (320/400)
TP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue955/1000Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (955/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:53 pm

Caelun_Niveus wrote:1: I would argue Total War: Shogun 2 might have more depth.  But regardless, I didn't say "Piece of shit", I said "Not something that I would be interested in".   More like preference in hair color or long hair/short hair rather than comparing it to CoD.
2: The point is that the entire "army" is reduced in scope and effect to a pair of pants, if that.  So instead of something like this, it effectively turns into this, but with being told that "No, it's really a couple thousand guys"

1: Short hair is shit. Sengoku Rance practically requires a cheat sheet every other turn just to scratch the surface of everything you can do.
2: You still see the effects, commanders with larger armies cost more power to keep active and are more effective in battles. The fact that you don't see every person in the army hardly matters when you have a troop number, and it's sure as hell a lot easier and less CPU-intensive than having to render ever single identical soldier. There's basically just a max number of sprites that'll fit on the battlefield before they start to spill off the screen, and everyone else in the army is considered to be behind them. If your numbers dwindle, you'll see the sprites on the screen drop to match.

Alpar wrote:I have it downloaded and I'll play it next week when I go away on vacation and stuff with my friends.

Riiiiiiiiight after I beat AAI2... and Okami... and Xenoblade...
...and... yeah...

Having played Okami, Xenoblade, and AAI1, I'd prioritize Sengoku Rance over any of them, easily.
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

http://hakureiillusion.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:48 pm

I hear AAI2 is leagues above the first. I'll be done with it soon enough anyway.

I actually forgot I even had Rance on my laptop.
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue320/400Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (320/400)
TP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue955/1000Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (955/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gam Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:40 pm

Leo E. wrote:
Caelun_Niveus wrote:1: Doesn't seem like it has that interesting of gameplay.  Not calling it shitty, just something I wouldn't enjoy.
2: Don't like the idea of armies being treated only as hit-points.
3: Such a huge roster of girls and what appears to be only 3to 5 waifu-tier characters.  And all of the characters belong to Rance anyway, so they can't be waifued to begin with.

1: The gameplay is absolutely amazing, requiring a whole lot of forethought and troop management both in and out of battles. It blows pretty much every other Sengoku-period strategy game out of the water.
2: It's a huge bloody war. Troops are replaceable, commanders are not.
3: Check the tier list again. Rance girls are so waifu-able that people actually waifu some of the lower ones on that list. Plus I can pick out at least 14 there that do NOT belong to Rance, despite what he may think.
>He tries your game
>Says why he personally didn't like it
>Arguing with his subjective opinions
Gam
Gam
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Wibli
HP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue775/800Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (775/800)
TP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue475/500Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (475/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:43 pm

Gam wrote:>He tries your game
>He didn't

He's avoiding it due to a number of misconceptions and incorrect assumptions, which I'm trying to correct.
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelun_Niveus Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:05 am

Leo E. wrote:1: Short hair is shit.
You get the point I was making. Long hair > Short hair, but the person with the hair can render that irrelevant if they are wonderful or shit otherwise.

Leo E. wrote:
Gam wrote:>He tries your game
>He didn't

He's avoiding it due to a number of misconceptions and incorrect assumptions, which I'm trying to correct.
What misconceptions and assumptions? All I said, in total, were:
>Turn based JRPG doesn't look like my kind of fun
>Don't like armies being mere stat bonuses to hero units
>No waifus
Caelun_Niveus
Caelun_Niveus
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

ANV Character
HP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue520/600Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (520/600)
TP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue1500/1500Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (1500/1500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:11 am

You thought that army size was nothing more than HP, which it's not, and that the gameplay wasn't as complex as comparable games. And don't even get me started on the waifus.
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelun_Niveus Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:18 am

Leo E. wrote:and that the gameplay wasn't as complex as comparable games.

I don't recall saying that first. You made the assumption based off nothing, I retorted with "who knows, maybe Total War is more complex", and that was it.
Caelun_Niveus
Caelun_Niveus
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshi Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:59 pm

So me and a friend was playing this lil game called Battleblock theater and we found it to be fun and hilarious especially with others. You can do so much like throwing your friend across a gap and have them wait for you offering your friednly hand to lift them up only to retrac t it and laugh and WATCH THEM DROWN TO THEIR DEATHS AND LAUGH AS YOU MURDER THEM AND SUCH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA....*ahem* anyway yeah battleblock theater is awesome you should all play it together and enjoy being GOOD friends. *cackles*

Spoiler:
Yoshi
Yoshi
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Kit
HP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue680/800Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (680/800)
TP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue500/500Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scept Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:46 pm

So... Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae. It certainly ain't no DMC, but it's still a good time. You can't dodge through enemy attacks and it doesn't seem like holding the guard button does much of anything, so it's either git gud at countering or git rekt. BUT HOLY FRIGGIN HELL THE LAST BOSS IS UNFAIR. I've only gotten to the second form, but my gut tells me there are more. But even still, it's unfair as all hell. What's that? You wanna close in for a hit? LOL GROUNDSWORDSPIKES. Can't jump over them because they fly up out of the ground, and she just LOVES TO SPAM IT. THREE TIMES IN A ROW AT ONE POINT. AND SHE BACKSTEPS TO DO IT. AND TRYING TO DODGE AWAY ISN'T VERY RELIABLE BECAUSE IT'S REALLY A CRAPSHOOT WITH THAT STUPID SPAM ANYWAY. AUGH.

I apologize. Turns out just running from the spikes works. Anyway, it wasn't as unfair as I claimed. I just needed to git gud. Believe me, timing is everything here. Now go play it.
Scept
Scept
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Lynn
HP:
TP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue1400/1500Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (1400/1500)

http://sceptilianblade.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:36 pm

So I beat AAI2 earlier today. And wow oh wow do I have a lot of compliments to throw around for it. Where do I even start.

First of all, I would like to begin with the fact I don't think there was a single case I disliked. That doesn't mean they were perfect, and a couple could really feel like they took their sweet time but they were really clever, and the best part is that not a single case was filler which is probably a first for an Ace Attorney game.

I also never thought it would be possible for me to un-hate not just one, but two characters in the fastest amount of time possible. Speaking of characters, this game had my favorite Ace Attorney villain so far, that triumphs over any villain even Trials and Tribulations had to offer. The mastermind was clever, cunning, and most of all, blunt with honesty which could make the good guys seem like bad guys to an extent. I even felt bad for the person during the breakdown. Normally you feel a massive rush of accomplishment but this marks the first time it didn't feel good, on the merit that the more I played, the somewhat-more I felt like I was the villain in a sense.

Most of all, the game is critically important to Edgeworth's development as a character, unlike the first AAI which was just murder mysteries where you play as Edgeworth. I suggest you all give this game a chance.
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:24 pm

So I (finally) just finished Ar tonelico II.

In Cloche's ending, she asks Croix why he fell in love with her. One of the choices you can select is "I like being scolded."

If you pick it, at that point the ending devolves into Cloche yelling at him, insulting him, calling him a dog, threatening to put a leash around his neck, making him crawl on the ground on all fours, kicking him, etc.

So it's pretty much the best game ever.
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:14 pm

I'm here for the complete opposite of this thread. I finished DmC after all this time, relatively short game. Thoughts:

Negatives:

Positives:

4/10, pirate when bored
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloak Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:16 pm

Copy Kitty
Its kind of like Megaman and Touhou had a kid, and it grew up in the 90's.

http://entanma.com/downloads
Cloak
Cloak
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Fluffles
HP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue720/800Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (720/800)
TP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue415/500Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (415/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloak Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:55 pm

Tis wicked fun.
Cloak
Cloak
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Fluffles
HP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue720/800Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (720/800)
TP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue415/500Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (415/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:42 pm

[10:42:20 PM] Aboi: MUH FUKKIN MAPLE SYRUP GO PLAY GHOST TRICK
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshi Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:22 pm

You should all stop being pussies and play five nights at freddy's, be like the rest and be the best,survive all the nights,tea bag the bunny,flip off the chicken duck fucker,bitch slap the fox,moon the bear,come on pansy's do it,be men.plus it's like five bucks on steam,so do it.
Yoshi
Yoshi
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Kit
HP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue680/800Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (680/800)
TP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue500/500Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:20 pm

Five Nights at Freddy's I think is really overrated.

In truth it's just a game that got overhyped like all the other oddball fads such as Pooh's Baseball Derby and Cookie Clicker. Given that, it's worth a shot alone on that merit but...
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:34 pm

Yoshi wrote:You should all stop being pussies and play five nights at freddy's

If I may suggest to you some other overrated flavor-of-the-week games, you might like Gone Home.

I mean, sure, it's not exactly scary... but then again neither is Five Nights at Freddy's.
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Back to top Go down

Post by grashbar Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:59 am

Yoshi wrote:You should all stop being pussies and play five nights at freddy's, be like the rest and be the best,survive all the nights,tea bag the bunny,flip off the chicken duck fucker,bitch slap the fox,moon the bear,come on pansy's do it,be men.plus it's like five bucks on steam,so do it.
[10:41:30 PM] Aboi: THAT DOESN'T SOUND LIKE GHOST TRICK
[10:41:33 PM] Aboi: WHY ISN'T IT GHOST TRICK
grashbar
grashbar
Veteran Guy
Veteran Guy

ANV Character
Name: Walker Gallier
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:03 am

Hyrule Warriors is fuuuuuuuun.
And Lana is cuuuuuuuuuuuute.
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:13 pm

Hyrule Warriors 1.30 update added Cia, Volga, and Wizzro as playable characters and added five new chapters to Legend Mode as Cia's story.

"Darkness Falls", the last of the five chapters, is the single best chapter in the game by far. Incredibly intense and really made you feel bad for Cia.
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:05 am

TIER LIST:

Lana is an adorable little ball of moe and broken.
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Back to top Go down

Post by Link Lab Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:31 am

Leo E. wrote:Hyrule Warriors 1.30 update added Cia, Volga, and Wizzro as playable characters and added five new chapters to Legend Mode as Cia's story.
Actually, the 5 new chapters are part of the Master Quest DLC. Only the characters are part of the 1.3.0 update.

Also, is there some glitch with the tome that I missed because I'd say it's high tier at best.
Link Lab
Link Lab
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

ANV Character
Name: Eliot Egawa
HP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue400/400Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (400/400)
TP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue920/1000Game suggestion thread - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (920/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next