Halolz Mafia Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 70: Despair Acadamey; Dangan Mafia

+13
Zink120
Hunter Axel
grashbar
Leo E.
Yoshi
Caelun_Niveus
Rainboy
French Connections
Cloak
Gam
Tael
Link Lab
StalinCommander
17 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Round 70: Despair Acadamey; Dangan Mafia - Page 6 Empty Re: Round 70: Despair Acadamey; Dangan Mafia

Post by French Connections Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:21 am

Gg Gamage. =)
French Connections
French Connections
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Round 70: Despair Acadamey; Dangan Mafia - Page 6 Empty Re: Round 70: Despair Acadamey; Dangan Mafia

Post by Link Lab Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:32 am

To be fair, it should've been a mafia win since Gamage missed 3 days in a row (which would count as 2 since Zink was instalynched). The point of the inactivity rule was to stop things like that happening.
Also, being totally honest, I was trying to get Zyq lynched in the hopes that I would prove my innocence. I didn't expect Rain to miss the part that suggested the doublevoter was mafia.
Link Lab
Link Lab
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

ANV Character
Name: Eliot Egawa
HP:
Round 70: Despair Acadamey; Dangan Mafia - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue400/400Round 70: Despair Acadamey; Dangan Mafia - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (400/400)
TP:
Round 70: Despair Acadamey; Dangan Mafia - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue920/1000Round 70: Despair Acadamey; Dangan Mafia - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (920/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zyquux Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:46 am

I think the missing the possibility of a mafia double voter came solely from the fact that only one person (Grash) knew the theme. He knew right off that I was mafia because of French's role.

Oh well at least it wasn't a town victory.
Zyquux
Zyquux
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: CRUSHSMASH THE SMASHCRUSHER
HP:
Round 70: Despair Acadamey; Dangan Mafia - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue380/600Round 70: Despair Acadamey; Dangan Mafia - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (380/600)
TP:
Round 70: Despair Acadamey; Dangan Mafia - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue1420/1500Round 70: Despair Acadamey; Dangan Mafia - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (1420/1500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainboy Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:57 am

StalinCommander wrote:Kirigiri Award for being ignored despite being right: Yoshi! I thought he had struck a damn good score by investigating the masons night 2, but Rain's different style of playing means that any PMs are to be taken very hesitantly, and "You're innocent I investigated you"  is more often than not a ruse. So, despite being divinely blessed by the spirit of Napoleon, Yoshi got lynched.  

Ah, how different this game would've been had I gotten such a PM. As it is, I got no PMs from anyone besides French (who was pleading for his life) and Gam (for obvious reasons). The last PM in my inbox is actually the role PM for this game, lol. French got me on Steam and I've been talking to Gam using Skype.

If I'd had a PM from Yoshi (at any time before I accused him) saying he'd peeked me as innocent, I'd have probably lynched Zyq before even putting in the time to research all that stuff I found on Yoshi. I even had a gut feeling that Link was bussing. His arguments were way too strong; it seemed like his goal was to put a gulf between himself and Zyq more than get off lynch himself. As it was, I did the research and found absolutely nothing to back it up. There really wasn't anything I could find that suggested Zyq was mafia from any point of view aside from the Link feeling. Yoshi's claim that he'd peeked me only looked like frail attempts from a mafia to come up with a believable story that might elicit some trust. In the end, I edited out the part of my post where I suggested Link might be playing mind games because I was pretty dang sure about Yoshi and didn't want to give Gam any room to be dupped. Ironically, that set him up to do just that.

And yeah, not knowing the theme left me a little lost in here. I can see how French's role should've tipped me off on Zyq now, but at the time I thought he was linked to a villager but could join the mafia if they targeted him while the villager was alive. If I'd known the theme, I'd have recognized the names and could've seen what was going on. In the end, though, I misread it and made a bad choice that ultimately lost it for the village. My bad there.
Rainboy
Rainboy
Bot Owning Guy
Bot Owning Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by grashbar Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:32 am

I fucking told you guys.

I fucking told you about Zyq.

But noooooo.
grashbar
grashbar
Veteran Guy
Veteran Guy

ANV Character
Name: Walker Gallier
HP:
Round 70: Despair Acadamey; Dangan Mafia - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue720/800Round 70: Despair Acadamey; Dangan Mafia - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (720/800)
TP:
Round 70: Despair Acadamey; Dangan Mafia - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue500/500Round 70: Despair Acadamey; Dangan Mafia - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gam Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:59 am

Nobody ever suspects the mason turn serial killer.
Gam
Gam
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Wibli
HP:
Round 70: Despair Acadamey; Dangan Mafia - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue775/800Round 70: Despair Acadamey; Dangan Mafia - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (775/800)
TP:
Round 70: Despair Acadamey; Dangan Mafia - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue475/500Round 70: Despair Acadamey; Dangan Mafia - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (475/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by French Connections Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:30 am

Link Lab wrote:
Also, being totally honest, I was trying to get Zyq lynched in the hopes that I would prove my innocence. I didn't expect Rain to miss the part that suggested the doublevoter was mafia.

I think that might be my fault. I had assumed that the person controlling my vote (Zyq) was likely town aligned. I strongly hinted to Rain that the double-voter was likely town aligned before I got lynched. Then again, at the time I wasn't aware of my traitor role. Rain could have reassessed my suspicions based on my death-reveal.
French Connections
French Connections
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gam Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:57 am

Link Lab wrote:To be fair, it should've been a mafia win since Gamage missed 3 days in a row (which would count as 2 since Zink was instalynched). The point of the inactivity rule was to stop things like that happening.

Well actually that's what triggers the inactivity clause. The point of the inactivity clause is to make sure roles aren't wasted on inactive players. I wasn't inactive, was communicating with rain as was the point of my role, and it was an honest mistake that I didn't vote twice in a row. Furthermore, the rule is that the player will be replaced, not modkilled (meaning you would have lost regardless had the clause been followed exactly). The inactivity clause is frequently ignored, used but the players are modkilled instead, and sometimes is followed properly. Almost everyone agrees that there should be some kind of warning to the players from the host, and that isn't even in the rules. It's the most flexible rule we have, and it could use the same treatment that the PM rule had.
Gam
Gam
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
Round 70: Despair Acadamey; Dangan Mafia - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue775/800Round 70: Despair Acadamey; Dangan Mafia - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (775/800)
TP:
Round 70: Despair Acadamey; Dangan Mafia - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue475/500Round 70: Despair Acadamey; Dangan Mafia - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (475/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Link Lab Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:49 am

Gam wrote:Well actually that's what triggers the inactivity clause. The point of the inactivity clause is to make sure roles aren't wasted on inactive players. I wasn't inactive, was communicating with rain as was the point of my role, and it was an honest mistake that I didn't vote twice in a row. Furthermore, the rule is that the player will be replaced, not modkilled (meaning you would have lost regardless had the clause been followed exactly). The inactivity clause is frequently ignored, used but the players are modkilled instead, and sometimes is followed properly. Almost everyone agrees that there should be some kind of warning to the players from the host, and that isn't even in the rules. It's the most flexible rule we have, and it could use the same treatment that the PM rule had.
Ok, that's a fair point. You might've been replaced and we would've had the same third-party outcome. When I posted, I had just assumed you'd be modkilled because people don't seem too interested in mafia, given the round took 2 week of signup to get into double digits.

However, activity is counted by votes or abstain posts, nothing else. Using role powers doesn't count because it give roles without an active power a disadvantage and it would allow Zink to just drain everyone's hope without saying a word, for example. You were definitely inactive for 2 days according to that rule.

I do agree the rule needs changing though and I'm a little annoyed because I'm sure there were some rule changes I felt were needed a while back but I can't remember what they were. I wish I'd written it down.
Link Lab
Link Lab
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

ANV Character
Name: Eliot Egawa
HP:
Round 70: Despair Acadamey; Dangan Mafia - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue400/400Round 70: Despair Acadamey; Dangan Mafia - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (400/400)
TP:
Round 70: Despair Acadamey; Dangan Mafia - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue920/1000Round 70: Despair Acadamey; Dangan Mafia - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (920/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scept Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:12 pm

So Yoshi was screwed either way on the last night... welp.
Scept
Scept
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Lynn
HP:
Round 70: Despair Acadamey; Dangan Mafia - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue520/600Round 70: Despair Acadamey; Dangan Mafia - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (520/600)
TP:
Round 70: Despair Acadamey; Dangan Mafia - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue1400/1500Round 70: Despair Acadamey; Dangan Mafia - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (1400/1500)

http://sceptilianblade.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gam Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:14 pm

Link Lab wrote:However, activity is counted by votes or abstain posts, nothing else. Using role powers doesn't count because it give roles without an active power a disadvantage and it would allow Zink to just drain everyone's hope without saying a word, for example. You were definitely inactive for 2 days according to that rule.

Wasn't saying my pm activity counted as activity by the rules of the clause. I was saying that the intention of the clause itself wasn't to remove people like me who were active and just happened to forget to vote two days in a row.
Gam
Gam
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zyquux Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:32 pm

grashbar wrote:I fucking told you guys.

I fucking told you about Zyq.

But noooooo.

<3 u bby

I was hoping no one would notice that you actually knew the theme.

>tfw rused everyone without actually doing anything
Zyquux
Zyquux
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: CRUSHSMASH THE SMASHCRUSHER
HP:
Round 70: Despair Acadamey; Dangan Mafia - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue380/600Round 70: Despair Acadamey; Dangan Mafia - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (380/600)
TP:
Round 70: Despair Acadamey; Dangan Mafia - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue1420/1500Round 70: Despair Acadamey; Dangan Mafia - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (1420/1500)

Back to top Go down

Post by StalinCommander Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:03 pm

[1:27:21 PM] Detective: I surprised no one noticed you didn't need to know flavour roles to find out. A goth loli called Celes killed Scept and French was being controlled by a goth loli called Celestia. It's like 3-1=x and 2+x=y.
StalinCommander
StalinCommander
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

ANV Character
Name: Dr. Vladiovich Von Krusteacov Ruskieman
HP:
Round 70: Despair Acadamey; Dangan Mafia - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue308/400Round 70: Despair Acadamey; Dangan Mafia - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (308/400)
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6