Halolz Mafia Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non Vidya Game-Games

+2
Scept
Darkling
6 posters

Go down

Non Vidya Game-Games Empty Non Vidya Game-Games

Post by Darkling Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:57 pm

I'm entirely sure you guys play video games but I was wondering if anyone here plays table top stuff, rpgs and boardgames and the like?

Darkling
Guy
Guy

Back to top Go down

Non Vidya Game-Games Empty Re: Non Vidya Game-Games

Post by Scept Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:00 am

Hm, you'll want to talk to Draco about that one.
Scept
Scept
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Lynn
HP:
Non Vidya Game-Games Left_bar_bleue520/600Non Vidya Game-Games Empty_bar_bleue  (520/600)
TP:
Non Vidya Game-Games Left_bar_bleue1400/1500Non Vidya Game-Games Empty_bar_bleue  (1400/1500)

http://sceptilianblade.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:02 am

This is better moved to the General Discussion, those are called Traditional Games by the way :V
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Dente - El Exterminador de Demonios Dos
HP:
Non Vidya Game-Games Left_bar_bleue320/400Non Vidya Game-Games Empty_bar_bleue  (320/400)
TP:
Non Vidya Game-Games Left_bar_bleue955/1000Non Vidya Game-Games Empty_bar_bleue  (955/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkling Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:08 am

Sounds good. I'll be honest it's pretty weird seeing Alpar on a forum, I mostly just remember you from Halolz comments. Were you the one who made everyone the monacle pictures?

Anyways should I just delete this or can a mod move it?

Darkling
Guy
Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:11 am

Mod can move it, I don't think you can delete a thread anyway.

For the record no I was not the monocle factory (didn't even know what the use of a png image was for in this case.) I was in the comments for a long time now though.
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Dente - El Exterminador de Demonios Dos
HP:
Non Vidya Game-Games Left_bar_bleue320/400Non Vidya Game-Games Empty_bar_bleue  (320/400)
TP:
Non Vidya Game-Games Left_bar_bleue955/1000Non Vidya Game-Games Empty_bar_bleue  (955/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkling Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:27 am

So do you play any TGs Alpar? I've been really into the new Star Wars system, it's pretty cool. It takes things from board games in a way that improves narrative flow IMO

Darkling
Guy
Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by RolandtheLastGunslinger Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:38 am

I play a fair amount of pen and paper. 2nd and 3.5 D&D mostly. As for table top, I used to run a pair of merc lances for battletech that revolved around AC20 hatchet Centurions.
RolandtheLastGunslinger
RolandtheLastGunslinger
Guy
Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkling Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:01 pm

The second part of that made no sense to me but it did sound cool. I've always been interested in wargaming, it's just so expensive.

Have you tried anything besides DnD? Not that big fan of DnD personally but I get that it's fun.

Darkling
Guy
Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tael Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:49 am

I'm trying out World of Darkness right now, it's pretty awesome and has a lot of material. I was also following the DnD 5th edition release, it actually looks really cool (think the best parts of 3.5 and 4). DM's guide and Monster Manual aren't out yet though...
Tael
Tael
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

ANV Character
Name: Ceasar
HP:
TP:
Non Vidya Game-Games Left_bar_bleue970/1000Non Vidya Game-Games Empty_bar_bleue  (970/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkling Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:47 am

I mess around on /tg/ a ton so I've heard about 5th. I actually (And don't crucify me for this) prefer this game called Ironclaw. It's furry (and has the worst art ever when it's not apeing jungle book era Disney) but it's mechanics are beautiful and it's easy to change the races to Dwarf, Elf, Human, and whatever the hell you feel like.

I'm trying to get a world setting ready for a fantasy game in it (one I'll probably end up never playing but so it goes right?). The races are Teiflings (the ancient blood curse with satan style ones from 4e), Bear People (they also have an ancient blood curse but it's differant and cooler because bears), Dwarves, Humans, Orcs, and two flavors of elves (one more magical and the other more nature based).

Seems to work well, even better if you include tons of races.

I'm also a pretty big fan of New World of Darkness, at least the mechanics. I ran a 60s Retro Future Post Apoc Cowboy game with some friends using it, they had a mind control gun with a brain inside it. It was pretty dope.

Darkling
Guy
Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mysterious Gourmet Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:39 am

I'm a avid tabletop player. Or so I'd like to be, but I have a lot of trouble getting sessions organized. I'm currently trying out a World of Darkness game either way but what I really want to try out is a sci fi setting, whether it's through Traveller, Shadowrun, Jovian Chronicles, whatever.

I also want to try a fantasy setting in anything but fucking D&D 3.5, I'm sick of it.
The Mysterious Gourmet
The Mysterious Gourmet
DONG GUY
DONG GUY

Back to top Go down

Post by Tael Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:13 pm

>tfw you don't know anyone irl who's interested enough to get a group together
Tael
Tael
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

ANV Character
Name: Ceasar
HP:
TP:
Non Vidya Game-Games Left_bar_bleue970/1000Non Vidya Game-Games Empty_bar_bleue  (970/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkling Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:44 pm

Traveler is the best. I'd totally play a Traveler game but I'm kind of booked right now. A good place to play them online is Roll20, great site it's a virtual tabletop. I get most of my players off of the Game Finder Threads on /tg/ on 4chan (don't let that scare you away though, /tg/ is about as far from /b/ as you can get).

Darkling
Guy
Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mysterious Gourmet Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:03 pm

I used to browse /tg/ a lot more than I do now. It's not that I don't like it but reading about games and stories when I can't get a game together got frustrating.
The Mysterious Gourmet
The Mysterious Gourmet
DONG GUY
DONG GUY

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkling Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:55 pm

You should make a Gamefinder thread on it, usually as long as your cool with DMing players will flock to any game.

Darkling
Guy
Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mysterious Gourmet Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:14 am

So I've started a game of Maid RPG. It's going to be an arrangement where GM duty is rotational and the setting changes with the GM, with the same characters in new situations. I think we've got one or two more open spots if anyone wants in.
The Mysterious Gourmet
The Mysterious Gourmet
DONG GUY
DONG GUY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down