Halolz Mafia Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Art Thread

+11
Yoshi
lazy-spoon
Not_anon
Vatonnage
Leo E.
Mentle
Zink120
Cloak
MrNaleIt
Scept
Archer
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Art Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Art Thread

Post by Archer Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:53 pm

It doesn't really need a justification. It's there because it's there.

I don't wanna turn this into the "check your privilege debate" thread so to keep the explanation short:

Sexual characters =/= sexist characters

Both sexual and sexist characters have existed for pretty much as long as videogames have been existing and will not stop any time. This includes the scantily and moderately dressed.

Telling a woman to hate Quiet's design and all others' like hers despite what personality they have is at some perceptual essence telling them to afraid of being women.

There is no imbalance of "but there's way too many sexual characters" to measure. Videogaming is too large a medium.

The same all applies to men.
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Dente - El Exterminador de Demonios Dos
HP:
Art Thread - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue320/400Art Thread - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (320/400)
TP:
Art Thread - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue955/1000Art Thread - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (955/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zink120 Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:01 pm

Well I would certainly agree that this thread doesn't need to go there. It's part of one of the most complex issues spanning the whole of human history and it sure as hell can't be explained in a thread on a mafia forum! I like and respect your logical approach, m8.

Back to topic, thanks for all the awesome things you linked in the first post. Now that summer is over and life is calming down a little bit I'm hoping to get back into art, and those resources look like they're gonna be invaluable. Cheers, bro.

Also, for those interested in 3D art, have you heard of Sculptris? If you have an interest in game modelling you've almost certainly heart of ZBrush. Sculptris is a cut down FREE version you can download. It's great fun and I recommend it! Try it out!
Zink120
Zink120
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

https://www.youtube.com/user/Zink120

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:54 pm

Thank you everyone for your thoughts on my latest (3/4 finished) work. I'll take all your critiques into consideration, and post the complete version the second I'm done. I spent about six straight days worth of spare time, thinking of the pose, searching for half a dozen references, drawing the figure pose for each body part and angle carefully, then drawing in the actual character, SPENDING FOREVER TRYING TO USE MY MIND'S EYE DRAWING THE HANDS UNTIL I GAVE UP AND REFERENCED MY OWN, and wasting about an hour drawing the hair because I forgot to set the stabilizer to S-1, and then having to do all the lineart which took about half my day. I'll finish it as best as I can.

I'm happy to have made such a massive improvement in under a year to make you guys happy in trade :>
One of these days I'll git so gud I'll do quality drawrequests for you guys in a flash.

Also on a semi-related note, mfw Cael told me I made a massive improvement, and then had to go on to remind me about the abomination that was my old art.

Art Thread - Page 3 Myeyestgt_zpsca4cc02b

It hurts so much but maybe one day I can use it as encouragement for other artists to git gud
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
Art Thread - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue320/400Art Thread - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (320/400)
TP:
Art Thread - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue955/1000Art Thread - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (955/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zink120 Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:29 pm

But Alps, where is the art, bro?
Zink120
Zink120
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:10 pm

Zink120 wrote:But Alps, where is the art, bro?
On my desktop and sent to a few people on the Skype chats.

Like I said, when I'm finished with it completely I'll post it.
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zink120 Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:18 pm

Oh ok then. I thought I remembered a post saying you were gonna put it here. Good luck!
Zink120
Zink120
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:40 am

http://alpar56.deviantart.com/art/Leia-Rolando-404103848

Okay I should've realized a while ago how off her calves looked. I could easily have fixed those and it would've ended up looking much less flat/muscular...

A little way too late for that but it'll suffice.

Criticisms are welcome.
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:50 pm

>Start using tablet again after a considerable while
>Oh geez I hope I'm not doing too badly
>Actually doing better then the last time I spent this much time on digital art
>Also find out that a Bamboo tablet is really bad for precise strokes and that you have to be in 110% muscle control to make anything passable
>Been using 0 stabilizer the whole time

Art Thread - Page 3 Dangers-of-being-too-cool
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zink120 Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:11 am

YOYOYO this is a great way to improve your anatomy understanding, particularly if you're the kind of artist that sketches a simple skeleton first:
http://www.posemaniacs.com/thirtysecond
Zink120
Zink120
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by unusualPopsicle Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:19 pm

forgive me if this doesn't fit here, but a friend and i made a tumblr blog specifically for references (whether they be cosplay or drawing) and i thought you guys might like to have a link!

I used a lot of the stuff here to improve my own work
unusualPopsicle
unusualPopsicle
Guy
Guy

http://twistedtails.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3