Halolz Mafia Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime and Manga Thread

+20
Caelun_Niveus
Hunter Axel
OrionX
Zink120
grashbar
Gam
Tael
Scept
CodePhoenix
Mentle
Vatonnage
DA
MrNaleIt
StalinCommander
The Mysterious Gourmet
Shadi
Leo E.
spplmj
Cloak
Archer
24 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Anime and Manga Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Anime and Manga Thread

Post by Archer Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:30 pm

I'm here to talk about French cartoons again.

So I just finished season 2.

Writing quality of the episodes themselves were the same, my main gripe was how they paced this season. It wasn't unbearable, but it wasn't as good compared to season 1. The main villain was cool, but not as good as season 1's either. But hey, that's not really fair considering how great a written villain Nox is.

Season 1's pacing was:

Setting episodes -> Nonchalant filler episodes where a few important things do happen along the way while getting to know the characters more -> Srs bsns

Season 2's pacing I felt was more like:

Setting episodes which ARE the serious business episodes for a while -> Nonchalant filler episodes where not exactly too many important things happen -> Then some srs bsns -> Then a lot more srs bsns

Yugo's excused overcompetence is actually sort of downplayed in season 2 though. Surprisingly enough.

I loved the last few episodes though. The animation was incredible as always but having a buildup to the season 2 finale was pretty exciting in my opinion.

I personally really liked it. I will admit it's probably not for everyone, even though it has a load of positive points, but I won't really force it.

Also I can't get over how this is basically: Child-bearing hips, the cartoon. Props to the author, who apparently has a deviantArt. Somewhere. I forget his username though.

By the way the specials are awesome and I recommend them as soon as you finish season 1.
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Dente - El Exterminador de Demonios Dos
HP:
Anime and Manga Thread - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue320/400Anime and Manga Thread - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (320/400)
TP:
Anime and Manga Thread - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue955/1000Anime and Manga Thread - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (955/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by MrNaleIt Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:11 pm

Mentle wrote:I will just leave this here.

Spoiler:
might as well start this thing
MrNaleIt
MrNaleIt
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Truck
HP:
Anime and Manga Thread - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue800/800Anime and Manga Thread - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (800/800)
TP:
Anime and Manga Thread - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue490/500Anime and Manga Thread - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (490/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:32 pm

woop woop
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
Anime and Manga Thread - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue320/400Anime and Manga Thread - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (320/400)
TP:
Anime and Manga Thread - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue955/1000Anime and Manga Thread - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (955/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by grashbar Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:33 pm

Schindl- I mean, my list, in no particular order:
grashbar
grashbar
Veteran Guy
Veteran Guy

ANV Character
Name: Walker Gallier
HP:
Anime and Manga Thread - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue720/800Anime and Manga Thread - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (720/800)
TP:
Anime and Manga Thread - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue500/500Anime and Manga Thread - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mysterious Gourmet Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:42 pm

A bit of nitpicking, the reason you can't start with Macross 7 isn't because I'm 'stuck up', it's because you miss all the context of the original and recurring characters. Anyone who starts with 7 or Frontier is wrong and they should feel bad, although I think Grash is literally the only person in the world who thought starting in reverse order was a good idea.

Also Gundam Wing isn't very good. I'm also not fond of FMP but I seem to be the only one in that regard.
The Mysterious Gourmet
The Mysterious Gourmet
DONG GUY
DONG GUY

Back to top Go down

Post by grashbar Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:52 pm

The Mysterious Gourmet wrote:A bit of nitpicking, the reason you can't start with Macross 7 isn't because I'm 'stuck up', it's because you miss all the context of the original and recurring characters. Anyone who starts with 7 or Frontier is wrong and they should feel bad, although I think Grash is literally the only person in the world who thought starting in reverse order was a good idea.

Also Gundam Wing isn't very good. I'm also not fond of FMP but I seem to be the only one in that regard.
Gundam Wing is good enough, it's the side material that's pulling it into the shit pile.
grashbar
grashbar
Veteran Guy
Veteran Guy

ANV Character
Name: Walker Gallier
HP:
Anime and Manga Thread - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue720/800Anime and Manga Thread - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (720/800)
TP:
Anime and Manga Thread - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue500/500Anime and Manga Thread - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentle Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:12 pm

Finished Wakfu, I'd recommend it for anyone actually. It's very light-hearted, so you can easily watch plenty of episodes in a row, most of it is episodic, but enjoyable and with character development. It also has a pretty good cast of characters and looks pretty neat.
Mentle
Mentle
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by spplmj Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:00 pm

Anime and Manga Thread - Page 4 Medaka-Box-Abnormal-02-5-650x365
I don't know why you people arent watching/reading Medaka Box yet.
spplmj
spplmj
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloak Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:57 pm

Madoka Box? I never heard about that.
Cloak
Cloak
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Fluffles
HP:
TP:
Anime and Manga Thread - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue415/500Anime and Manga Thread - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (415/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mysterious Gourmet Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:55 pm

Mentle wrote:Finished Wakfu, I'd recommend it for anyone actually. It's very light-hearted, so you can easily watch plenty of episodes in a row, most of it is episodic, but enjoyable and with character development. It also has a pretty good cast of characters and looks pretty neat.

I'm trying to focus on Kino's Journey and the LoGH prequel OVAs but I'll certainly watch it at some point.
The Mysterious Gourmet
The Mysterious Gourmet
DONG GUY
DONG GUY

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:45 pm

Akibarangers is technically anime.

Rofl and I finished the last two episodes today for season 2. Kind of disappointing and very last minute twist, but regardless the entire two seasons are more than worth a watch.

Now for some actual anime
Free

I saw the first episode today

I could literally go on for about a whole two days for everything that's wrong with this show but I won't even begin.

[4:43:06 PM] Alps: I'm still a tad frustrated as to how Vat vouched for the idea this would be more than just fanservice-y stuff, and that I was making hasty decisions just cause it's KyoAni
and I'm especially mad at how I knew that he was completely wrong yet I watched the first episode.
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by spplmj Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:38 am

spplmj
spplmj
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:49 pm

Hey Zink

Zink

Zink senpai

are you happy now

I finally started watching Steins;Gate again. Finished episode 3.

I think it's

interesting and stuff.

:V
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:19 pm

Neptunia anime was okay.
Needs less Neptune.
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

http://hakureiillusion.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:47 pm

Just watched the first episode of the Neptunia anime today.

Let me sum up our reactions:

[9:43:28 PM] Alps: Spp: GRILLS?! FANSERVICE?! MOE ANIMU?! 1000/10 AOTYAY!
Leo: WHEREEEEEEEEEEEEEE'S MYYYYYYYYY WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIF(UUUUUS)
Rofl: Is Falcom here yet. I want my tomboys.
Me: The sound of bare tits is too loud. My manly hurts. I wish I was in Fall 2013 watching Stardust Crusaders.

Also I assume Axel's is:

"10/10 it's okay" -IGN

Anyway I don't think I'll be watching any more. It seems like something I'd appreciate better if I'd played the games but even so, these characters as it stands aren't really catching my interest.
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by spplmj Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:05 pm

Noire is best grill
spplmj
spplmj
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:14 pm

So I basically spent all day today marathonning Steins;Gate episodes 7-24 and finishing the episode 25 special.

10/10 best time travel story ever created

I can't believe I was going to drop this for how slow the first six episodes were (well okay not really more like "I felt like it.)

It somehow managed to (technically) include the biggest plothole of time travel ("I will go back to the past to prevent this disaster I caused except time travel was the cause of me causing my past mistake so there originally wasn't a need for me to go back) yet didn't at the same time. And it works.

Thank you Zink for recommending this awesomeness.

Everyone should go watch it, it's frickin amazing.
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zink120 Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:09 pm

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I feel validated~ Film should be viewable for us outsiders soon.
Everyone I ever showed Steins loved it, apart from my brother but he's a physics student and his mate works for CERN so it was never gonna be that outstanding for him.

It was quite cool to learn about Japanese 2ch language through it too with all the jokes.

edit: Any manly tears from you, Alpar-kun? The feels are so strong, it is not uncommon.

As for the plothole, I have a feeling that they botched it up for the anime, but it was explained better in the VN. You can watch a lot of the alternate ends translated on YT if you fancy it.
Zink120
Zink120
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

https://www.youtube.com/user/Zink120

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:19 pm

Zink120 wrote:YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I feel validated~ Film should be viewable for us outsiders soon.
Everyone I ever showed Steins loved it, apart from my brother but he's a physics student and his mate works for CERN so it was never gonna be that outstanding for him.

It was quite cool to learn about Japanese 2ch language through it too with all the jokes.

edit: Any manly tears from you, Alpar-kun? The feels are so strong, it is not uncommon.

As for the plothole, I have a feeling that they botched it up for the anime, but it was explained better in the VN. You can watch a lot of the alternate ends translated on YT if you fancy it.

I will admit I was close to shedding one, it was on the verge. The voice actors they picked were pro as hell, everything sounded so sincere when the going got tough.

Spoiler:

And then there were a lot more awesome scenes like when
Spoiler:

I'm also kind of surprised to hear that about your brother. That doesn't necessarily sound like any reason to be drawn away from its stellar story.
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zink120 Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:33 pm

Yeah, outstanding VA. Did you look Okabe up? He's Light Yagami / Kira / Tamaki / Dent / Yao Ling / Zero / Loads of other guys. Love him.
As for feels...
Wow, I've never actually used the Spoiler tag for Spoilers before:

Being a physicist means knowing several hundred reasons why time travel is impossible. (At least, heading backwards or other applications of it in fiction.) I guess that really kills the fun of it. He gave some other reasons but mostly he's just not so much of an anime guy. I was really disappointed he didn't like it though. Managed to run though Ouran and Fullmetal Alchemist with him before but he says he's gone off anime. Bad times.

Anyways, enough about my bro. Super pleased that you liked it and I agree that everyone should watch it. Arguably a slow start, but sooo worth the weight.

In other news of recommendations, if any of y'all have time for a film but not a series, you should check out Children Who Chase Lost Voices (星を追う子ども Hoshi o Ou Kodomo), especially if you like dem beautiful arts.
Anime and Manga Thread - Page 4 Children-voices-agartha-shin-asuna-morisaki-img
Zink120
Zink120
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:11 pm

Zink120 wrote:Being a physicist means knowing several hundred reasons why time travel is impossible. (At least, heading backwards or other applications of it in fiction.) I guess that really kills the fun of it. He gave some other reasons but mostly he's just not so much of an anime guy. I was really disappointed he didn't like it though. Managed to run though Ouran and Fullmetal Alchemist with him before but he says he's gone off anime. Bad times.

Did he really just disregard it because of that? That's a stupid reason. That's like saying "it's not realistic therefore I don't like it." That's the whole point of sci fi isn't it?

Anyway I can understand not liking Ouran, I'm not sure that's exactly what you'd show a casual anime fan. FMA is a different story depending on if it's Brotherhood or not, then it just varies from there.

If he just doesn't like anime well then whatever, I can accept that.

Spoiler:
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zink120 Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:36 pm

Can't really remember tbh, it was more than a year ago. Funny thing is he did enjoy Ouran and FMA. Very much. Oh well. I can't get him to enjoy many things it seems, his loss.
Zink120
Zink120
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:25 pm

2cool
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zink120 Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:34 pm

Yeeesssss let it take over your life, your mind, your thought processes

Your next mission is to indulge in its other opening songs, starting here:

Zink120
Zink120
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Vatonnage Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:17 pm

Starting this autumn at October:

IT'S HAPPENING
Vatonnage
Vatonnage
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: [MLG]xXxDaRknEss420_n0sc0purxXx
HP:
Anime and Manga Thread - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue770/860Anime and Manga Thread - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (770/860)
TP:
Anime and Manga Thread - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue475/500Anime and Manga Thread - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (475/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next