Halolz Mafia Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduction Topic for the new guys

+35
Geno
Lucidity
grashbar
pufferfish
Caelun_Niveus
ice_turtle
OmNomynous
Nick Soapdish
lazy-spoon
personaleyes
AuraMaster
RolandtheLastGunslinger
The Mysterious Gourmet
Tael
Yoshi
Diabeetus-Tan
CodePhoenix
Not_anon
DA
Rainboy
Archer
Cloak
Zink120
Shadi
Vatonnage
StalinCommander
Mentle
Hunter Axel
Dracojounin7
Scept
Leo E.
Zyquux
French Connections
MrNaleIt
HATER
39 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Empty Re: Introduction Topic for the new guys

Post by Archer Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:07 pm

Whoops did I completely forget to check this forum last night? A bump after nearly an entire 24 hours is annoying you say?

Well regardless, I suppose it's rude of me to not have noticed. Hater, Shadi, welcome to the forums. I don't really have much else to add since everyone already seems to have gotten to the point but hey, I hope we can get along and know eachother better blah blah.

So is DA giving permission for us to change this to the Introduce Yourself thread or what?
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Dente - El Exterminador de Demonios Dos
HP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue320/400Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (320/400)
TP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue955/1000Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (955/1000)

Back to top Go down

Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Empty Shadi's (late) introduction!

Post by Shadi Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:39 am

Why I'm posting here:

You might already have bumped into my friend HATER's introduction that says a little about me. First and foremost I didn't see any other appropriate place to post this so my apologies if it's wrong. I have faith in the administration team to see that I mean no harm with posting it here.

Oh and the reason I'm late is because you need 7 days as a registered user and as DA hasn't replied to me I haven't been able to circumvent/bypass that "block". I then realised it was because I was trying to post an external link so I guess I cannot link you to my Steam profile before Monday :P

A little about myself and how I found this ingenious creation of a game.

Name's Shadi in real life as well, I'm 19 years old and live with my family in Denmark.

I'm not the most competent WW/Mafia player and unlike HATER whose style is aggressive I tend to be more passive. I daresay I'm pretty decent and able to play well. The place we play saw that I had potential and eventually I was promoted back then to be one of the leaders despite me not being a very old player in general. Signed up for my first game September 2012 and quickly fell in love with the game and wanted to learn a lot about it, host and become a more competent player. My strong side would be villager as I have played most games there and very few as mafia/wolf and would will therefore apologise for future mistakes in advance already haha ;)

I'm generally very friendly, loyal and like social interaction.

Leisure and why I'm personally here

I play Counter-Strike and that's where I met HATER and the WW gang, on a Counter-Strike community as the only regular game besides WW. I play a little of each and jump from game to game, I used to be a very casual player in many other games (including Earth's Special Forces and World of Warcraft) Other games don't tend to hold long for me.

I believe HATER has already introduced the community we're from enough so I'll just go ahead and give a few contact methods, you guys seem to be fans of Skype so I'll be starting with that and recommend you to get Steam as it's a very brilliant chatting method. I'm looking forward to play with competent and experienced veterans I'm really not sure how many there are there in my community and would only point out 5-7 players max to be on equal grounds or (much) better than me on my community. And trust me I'm not really that good, so I'm looking forward to "exchange skills" with y'all here! But then again, most people on my community are new and we all learn in our own pace so they all have potential.

Plan is to join the next game(s) and see how it goes with you lot, I appreciate you accept us to play here. As it is indeed our privilege and hopefully we can both get something out of it.

Steam:
COMING SOON (Can't link atm)
(ID = STEAM_0:0:24632867) I don't accept randoms here and leave the requests pending, so PM me for an accept)

@You Bronies

HATER told me there are a lot of "bronies" in this community and would like to say the disappointing news in advance. I do not watch MLP, I have watched a couple of episodes and didn't get hooked. While I applause and acknowledge the very commendable character traits within every pony from that team I didn't really like the plot much but I'm a guy of second chances and will therefore give it another chance at some point (actually HATER is blackmailing me by being nice for once, trust me it's a rare sight). Maybe the plot will get OK and with the awesome characters that should be a good mixture for a series already.

HOWEVER, I have watched some anime but mainly the big shounen manga, I have watched a few ones aside to those but it's not a ridiculously big amount. I noticed some of you like anime so I guess I'll name the few I can remember in my head; One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Gintama, Kenichi - History's Strongest Disciple, Death Note, Blazer Drive, Great Teacher Onizuka, Dragonball and Psyren. And at some point I tried to give a chance to different kind of anime such as Seitokai Yakuindomo, Omamori Himari, Angel Beats, Toradora, Baka To Test, Boku wa Tomadachi ga Sukanai, MM!, Love Hina, Kaichou wa maid sama. However, I didn't stick to it at some point when I realised how weird it was and stopped watching such, so don't expect me to have high interest in the latter ones, the first list I can discuss endlessly and I love most of them. (I think I'm fully updated on both manga/anime in all of them with maybe 1-2 exceptions so if you follow any of them feel free to poke me about it :D)

I hope we can all get along despite any (given) differences and get a new friend group of people with mutual interests!

Yours sincerely,

- Shadi
Shadi
Shadi
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

Back to top Go down

Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Empty Re: Introduction Topic for the new guys

Post by HATER Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:52 am

Oh yes, and if he hasn't already told you, Shadi's a raging homosexual. Just thought I'd throw that out there :P . Make sure to tolerate his "alternative lifestyle."

Nahhh, but in all seriousness, good intro! Well written and for the most part accurate except y'know, me being nice. I would NEVER do that (or use sarcasm, either).

P.S. You know I would fuck you up in Axel's game if there was free pming, right?
HATER
HATER
Really Active Guy
Really Active Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:12 pm

So... should we make a thread for these now or...
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue320/400Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (320/400)
TP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue955/1000Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (955/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadi Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:30 pm

Alpar wrote:So... should we make a thread for these now or...

You could make a (sub) forum for it yes, it wouldn't hurt.

Unless new users on this forum is rare.

So far as I understand the only Administrator on this forum is DA, and only an administrator is capable of editing the forums on a usual phpBB forum as this is.
Shadi
Shadi
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scept Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:31 pm

Mmyeah, probably.
Scept
Scept
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Lynn
HP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue520/600Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (520/600)
TP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1400/1500Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1400/1500)

http://sceptilianblade.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zyquux Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:37 pm

I figured we'd get an intro forum whenever DA gets back to renovating. He finally got a new computer, so I expect that will happen in a few months or so.
Zyquux
Zyquux
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: CRUSHSMASH THE SMASHCRUSHER
HP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue380/600Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (380/600)
TP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1420/1500Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1420/1500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Axel Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:39 pm

HATER wrote:Oh yes, and if he hasn't already told you, Shadi's a raging homosexual. Just thought I'd throw that out there :P . Make sure to tolerate his "alternative lifestyle."

We are used to stranger things so this is nothing.

Definitely.
Hunter Axel
Hunter Axel
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Minerva
HP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue710/800Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (710/800)
TP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue490/500Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (490/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zyquux Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:44 pm

Hunter Axel wrote:We are used to stranger things so this is nothing.

It's true. We still love Alpar, despite his love for scaly elbows.
Zyquux
Zyquux
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: CRUSHSMASH THE SMASHCRUSHER
HP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue380/600Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (380/600)
TP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1420/1500Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1420/1500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadi Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:49 pm

Disclaimer: I am not homosexual, maybe that information would put me in a situation I don't want to be in so I'll say that in advance xD

You will discover other funny things about me, notwithstanding.
Shadi
Shadi
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentle Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:34 pm

Shadi wrote:You could make a (sub) forum for it yes, it wouldn't hurt.
We actually decided to expand these forums from just mafia to something closer to our old forums (never forget ;_;7), but DA has been rather busy and had to change his PC. We should have the introduction thread once he has more time.

Shadi wrote:Unless new users on this forum is rare.
We actually made our new forums in a way no one other than the old community would join (we didn't announce it anywhere, not even in the site that originated the old forums), and even so, as it was reserved for just mafia, some old members didn't even come.

Only recently we decided to expand it back to something closer to the original, and even so we don't plan to announce it anywhere, just hope people already inside brings friends, like Zink did with French and kind of like Stalin did with you guys. By the way, I don't represent our community or anything, but I think most of us wouldn't like this place announced in other forums/sites. Just hang around, see if you are interested and ask if you can invite (reasonable) friends in case you decide to stay.

Also, I think we only have 6 or 7 people who'd use the term "bronies" for themselves, a few others are either casual watchers or watched at least season one of MLP, there is no need to fear angry people if you do watch it again and dislike the show, or make a post referring to them. Most of the fans we have here know that the MLP fanbase is a dangerous cancer that is out of control.

Other than that, we constantly mock each other because of different tastes in anime/characters/games, and we do trash several shows listed by you, but remember no one intends to actually offend or is genuinely mad that you enjoy things they don't (unless we are talking about Tael. Why, Tael? Why would you enjoy such things?).

Welcome.
Mentle
Mentle
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadi Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:40 pm

Oh no worries, I'm not scared or intimidated. Would just like to have pointed it out for eventual questions about it and that.

Yeah, judging from the avatar pictures around I don't fear but sense the taste difference and I guess the ones you mock are the mainstream/shounen ones haha. That's cool though, I'm all in for the humour and arguments.

Thanks for your extensive reply and the welcome. (Was too lazy to quote which parts I was replying to but that should be pretty axiomatic)
Shadi
Shadi
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:01 pm

Zyquux wrote:
Hunter Axel wrote:We are used to stranger things so this is nothing.

It's true. We still love Alpar, despite his love for scaly elbows.

Disclaimer: I do not have a fetish for any of these
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by StalinCommander Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:29 pm

Yes he does
StalinCommander
StalinCommander
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

ANV Character
Name: Dr. Vladiovich Von Krusteacov Ruskieman
HP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue308/400Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (308/400)
TP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue920/1000Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (920/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:36 pm

Stalin hush you have communism to be communisming.
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:31 pm

Refer to sig
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

http://hakureiillusion.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Empty Crash Landing

Post by Rainboy Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:03 pm

Rainboy exited the small pod, weary and lost. He looked up at the landscape and shuddered at yet another new world. New faces were everywhere, and they looked back at him with the same bewilderment he imagined must be plastered across his face at the moment. "Well," he thought, "I suppose I should at least introduce myself..."

Hi! I'm Rainboy, the third of the trio of leaders from the unnamed forum Hater and Shadi hail from. I'm much less aggressive than Hater and tend to bide my time and gather what information I can. My preferred role in a Mafia game is that of the simple townie because it requires the most teamwork and allows the most flexibility. My least favorite role is scum, since I like to find information and scum inherently spend most of their time hiding it (nevermind that Hater's aggressive tactics work pretty well on me when I'm scum and I tend to get lynched rather quickly).

I've been playing Werewolf and Mafia for going on six years now and have been in a leadership position for about half that time. I'm also a programmer and enjoy coding programs to augment the games I host. As far as other games, I enjoy strategy games, especially turn based and real time strategy games like the Civilizations series or the Command & Conquer series. I like MLP (in fact, I'm the poor soul responsible for getting Hater into it - we're still working on Shadi) and also consider myself a casual viewer. My favorite ponies are Rainbow Dash and Applejack.

Finals are coming up quickly, so I won't have time to play with you all and keep up with my duties on the home front, but I'll be watching and will join up for a game in a couple of weeks.
Rainboy
Rainboy
Bot Owning Guy
Bot Owning Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by StalinCommander Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:12 pm

Christo all we need is MMage and I dunno Elric and it'll be a full on reunion for me.
StalinCommander
StalinCommander
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

ANV Character
Name: Dr. Vladiovich Von Krusteacov Ruskieman
HP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue308/400Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (308/400)
TP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue920/1000Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (920/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scept Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:14 pm

>RD and Applejack
>Not Vinyl Scratch
You casual.

Nah, just kidding. Seriously, welcome to our humble forums. Perhaps with your programming and coding skills, you could help DA get the place refurbished and all, eh?
Scept
Scept
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue520/600Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (520/600)
TP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1400/1500Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1400/1500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloak Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:33 pm

Welcome to the forums. Feel free to read through the old rounds for amusement.

Take note of the Survivors Curse.
Most survivors die either immediately or right at the end, having victory ripped from their hands.
Cloak
Cloak
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Fluffles
HP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue720/800Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (720/800)
TP:
Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue415/500Introduction Topic for the new guys - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (415/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadi Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:37 pm

So that's the entire leader team 3/3, 100% yes!

Anyhow, welcome around these forums too. And stop working on getting me to watch MLP, I promised till episode 7 and probably ain't gonna watch more. No promises though, 2 promised episodes remaining still x.x..

Scept wrote:
Perhaps with your programming and coding skills, you could help DA get the place refurbished and all, eh?

Editing a forum requires no such thing as technical knowledge nor does installing a mod on a forum do.

Heck, even me with the most marginal tech-knowledge can easily do it. You just gotta search for styles and right mods that are already made. Maybe if you were to create your own mods and codes you'd want a coder; that's where you could use little Rainy :D (Although I doubt it's needed because of the aforementioned reasons it's quite rare)
Shadi
Shadi
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:10 pm

Why do we seem like we love ponies to these newcomers?
I mean not to discriminate but it just seems prompted for mention all three out of three times so far. Do we ever even really discuss ponies that much more anyway? I'm sure the in things at the moment are Jojo and Fire Emblem with SMT/Persona.

Also welcome aboard, Rainboy, hope to get to know you and the other two better as well.
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadi Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:17 pm

Alpar wrote:Why do we seem like we love ponies to these newcomers?
I mean not to discriminate but it just seems prompted for mention all three out of three times so far. Do we ever even really discuss ponies that much more anyway? I'm sure the in things at the moment are Jojo and Fire Emblem with SMT/Persona.

Also welcome aboard, Rainboy, hope to get to know you and the other two better as well.

HATER said you guys were bronies and thus I had to integrate myself while not agreeing I guess I wanted to explain myself in my introduction, so that's the impression I got. Blame HATER, btw it's always a good idea to blame HATER, you should do it in every upcoming game with HATER.
Shadi
Shadi
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainboy Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:20 pm

Alpar wrote:Why do we seem like we love ponies to these newcomers?

Well...

a) Hater set the precedent with his introduction.
b) You all WERE just in the middle of a (highly entertaining) MLP themed game when I started watching here.
c) Hater scolded me for not mentioning it in my original introduction, so I added it in.
Rainboy
Rainboy
Bot Owning Guy
Bot Owning Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scept Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:36 pm

Well, please note it's only some of us. If it were everyone, the MLP mafia would have had more players.
Scept
Scept
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next