Halolz Mafia Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Videogame News and Press Conference Thread

+17
CodePhoenix
MrNaleIt
Gam
Vatonnage
Hunter Axel
Zink120
OrionX
Cloak
DA
The Mysterious Gourmet
Tael
Scept
Yoshi
Leo E.
Zyquux
spplmj
Archer
21 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Videogame News and Press Conference Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Videogame News and Press Conference Thread

Post by Archer Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:13 pm

https://i.imgur.com/XVgDRxI.jpg

So far

This has been undoubtedly been the worst E3 to date. No exception.

Only Nintendo can save us now but even if they do it's probably still gonna be the worst E3 ever.
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Dente - El Exterminador de Demonios Dos
HP:
Videogame News and Press Conference Thread - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue320/400Videogame News and Press Conference Thread - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (320/400)
TP:
Videogame News and Press Conference Thread - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue955/1000Videogame News and Press Conference Thread - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (955/1000)

Back to top Go down

Videogame News and Press Conference Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Videogame News and Press Conference Thread

Post by AuraMaster Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:01 pm

Alpar wrote:Only Nintendo can save us now but even if they do it's probably still gonna be the worst E3 ever.

Let us pray.

Our Reggie, who art in Redmond
Ready be thy body
E3 will come
It will be won
In LA as it is in Redmond
Give us this Tuesday our yearly hype
And forgive us for our doubts
As the gaming industry had doubts about us.
Lead us not to frustration
But deliver us from a shitty E3
For thy memes are the power
And glory of the Nintendo faithful
Forever and ever.

Please Understand.
AuraMaster
AuraMaster
Guy
Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Skrist Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:16 am

Alpar wrote:This has been undoubtedly been the worst E3 to date. No exception.
I would tell you to go watch E3 2006 but I think it classifies as torture. That and most people want to forget 2006 existed.
Skrist
Skrist
Active Guy
Active Guy

http://Ihopethisisn'tarealsite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshi Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:13 am

Geez,this is the most biased thing i have ever saw >_>
Yoshi
Yoshi
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Kit
HP:
Videogame News and Press Conference Thread - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue680/800Videogame News and Press Conference Thread - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (680/800)
TP:
Videogame News and Press Conference Thread - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue500/500Videogame News and Press Conference Thread - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:07 am

Yoshi wrote:Geez,this is the most biased thing i have ever saw >_>

What are you complaining about? Microsoft's has been the least-crap so far.

Still crap though.

Everything about this E3 has been just awful.
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

http://hakureiillusion.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:14 am

Honestly, my biggest complaint is how they tried to sell everything out as cinematic. Which only ever turns out to be a good thing 2 percent of the time.
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
Videogame News and Press Conference Thread - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue320/400Videogame News and Press Conference Thread - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (320/400)
TP:
Videogame News and Press Conference Thread - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue955/1000Videogame News and Press Conference Thread - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (955/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zink120 Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:18 am

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought you guys didn't really like anything western or mainstream. Since E3 is about as western and mainstream as it gets, it seems funny to me that you would bother having expectations in the first place.
Zink120
Zink120
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

https://www.youtube.com/user/Zink120

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:25 am

Zink120 wrote:Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought you guys didn't really like anything western or mainstream. Since E3 is about as western and mainstream as it gets, it seems funny to me that you would bother having expectations in the first place.

That's honestly just a bias that I grew more due to the fact it tends to be true. Regardless of what happened, I've repeated about 10 times how I think Sunset Overdrive looks pretty cool and is probably among my favorite presentations this E3. Also how not-hype the Bloodborne trailer was, which was a letdown.

It has less to do with "I hate the west inherently", and more actually like "Why are you showing this off as cinematic so badly?"
There was some trace of drama llama over this last night so I won't dive too heavily into details since I spent a lotta yesterday doing that.
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:16 am

Zink120 wrote:Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought you guys didn't really like anything western or mainstream. Since E3 is about as western and mainstream as it gets, it seems funny to me that you would bother having expectations in the first place.

The issue is that mainstream is... well, we call it "mainstream" for a reason. Right now the mainstream is the brown and gritty military shooter. It's the "safe" choice for developers, nothing new, just the same shit repackaged to sell again. That CoD demo was the same thing as it's always been: transport into hostile territory, something goes wrong, shoot some people while showing off one or two new weapons, heroic sacrifice. They also spit these games out at a much faster rate than any other type of game. Even if they were actually worthwhile, any reason to enjoy them would have died at least ten iterations ago.

Microsoft I expect nothing out of. Sony has a boatload of good things in Japan that they could give us but just refuse to. EA is total garbage. Ubisoft can't get their dicks out of the Assassin's Creed series, and when they do try to make something new like Watch Dogs, it crashes and burns. It's garbage, but it sold well, so guess what they're gonna make more of?

XSEED did more for me on the 5th than all of them combined. Because they did this weird thing called "listening to what their customer base wants and delivering it to them".

Western developers tend not to take as many chances with their games, and as a result they seem to show a distinct lack of creativity and originality. For every Shantae, you get a billion brown FPSs. Had something like Katamari Damacy been pitched at a western game dev studio, it would've been laughed out the door and never shown the light of day.

So yes, I will continue to ignore most western and mainstream games until they give me something that is actually worthwhile.
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Back to top Go down

Post by Zink120 Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:20 am

Hey whoa, I wasn't saying that mainstream western boring shooters are great, I totally agree that amazing stuff comes from Japan. What I was saying is that I thought it was odd that you guys are annoyed at E3 when there was almost 0 chance of it having anything appealing to you in the first place. I agree with basically everything you said (exception being indie devs of course)
Zink120
Zink120
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:25 am

Zink120 wrote:What I was saying is that I thought it was odd that you guys are annoyed at E3 when there was almost 0 chance of it having anything appealing to you in the first place.

I CAN get excited for Nintendo, because they bring us good games. I SHOULD be able to get excited for Sony, because they have good games, but no, no localization.

E3 is supposed to show off the titles we want, but it seems like it's become less "the titles we want" and more "the titles they're telling us we want".
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Back to top Go down

Post by Zink120 Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:32 am

Ah yeah that's fair I see your point. Well here's hoping Ninty delivers then.
Zink120
Zink120
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:36 am

Leo E. wrote:
Zink120 wrote:What I was saying is that I thought it was odd that you guys are annoyed at E3 when there was almost 0 chance of it having anything appealing to you in the first place.

I CAN get excited for Nintendo, because they bring us good games. I SHOULD be able to get excited for Sony, because they have good games, but no, no localization.

E3 is supposed to show off the titles we want, but it seems like it's become less "the titles we want" and more "the titles they're telling us we want".

Which is honestly why I think earlier E3's were much better. I still remember Nintendo announcing all those features that were revolutionary for its time back in 2004, which is why it remains one of my favorite E3 examples as to what E3 should be doing.

E3 hasn't been nearly that good in ages so at this point I'm either just hoping for great successes or great failures; because if a company fails at this point at least it's just funny to watch and make videos/bingo sheets out of. For me at least.

In whatever case, Leo is completely right. It's been much more about trying to attract a casual crowd more than doing anything worthwhile, which is why I think Microsoft did the best this year. While I think their games are total arse, at least they're fixing their three-year-record of embarrassment by actually appealing to the majority of their dudebro consumerbase.

They backpedal and backstab harder than anyone else though so I don't respect them
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:46 am

Nintendo saves gaming.
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:57 am

Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshi Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:19 pm

Welp I'd share my opinion on this years E3...but it's not allowed so yeah "enjoy"
Yoshi
Yoshi
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
Videogame News and Press Conference Thread - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue680/800Videogame News and Press Conference Thread - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (680/800)
TP:
Videogame News and Press Conference Thread - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue500/500Videogame News and Press Conference Thread - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mysterious Gourmet Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:43 pm

Skrist wrote:
Alpar wrote:This has been undoubtedly been the worst E3 to date. No exception.
I would tell you to go watch E3 2006 but I think it classifies as torture. That and most people want to forget 2006 existed.

We're still feeling the shockwaves from how catastrophically bad that was, it truly was the worst of times.
The Mysterious Gourmet
The Mysterious Gourmet
DONG GUY
DONG GUY

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:57 pm

[6:55:16 PM] Alps: >Smash tourney
>People are smiling and holding up posters of their favorite Smash characters
>cosplayers are waving to the camera
>cheering from every angle
>all that clapping and eccentric movement of excitement
>all those happy faces and heartwarming light

>E3
>we did a thing
>quiet clapping and forced cheering from five people every pause
[6:55:33 PM] Alps: THE NINTENDOMINATION IS REAAAAAAAAAAAL
[6:55:42 PM] Alps: WHAT A TIME FOR VIDEOGAMES TO BE ALIVE!
[6:55:43 PM] Simply DA: These are videogames
[6:55:43 PM] Skrist: >My body is ready poster
[6:55:47 PM] Simply DA: people being together
[6:55:49 PM] Simply DA: having fun
[6:55:52 PM] Simply DA: united by vidya
[6:55:56 PM] Alps: THIS IS THE TRUE STATE OF VIDYA
[6:56:05 PM] Simply DA: ;v;7
thank you nintendo
[6:56:12 PM | Edited 6:56:14 PM] Alps: THANK YOU BASED NINTENDO ;__;7
[6:56:26 PM] Alps: four minutes!
[6:56:35 PM] Vatonnage: >The ZSS guy was doing the ChuDat pose

Nintendomination is real this year.
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:27 pm

WHERE

WERE

YOU

WHEN

SMASH

BROS.

AND

REGGIE

AND

SAKURAI

AND

BASED

NINTENDO

SAVED

OUR

PRECIOUS

VIDEO

GAMES
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshi Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:07 pm

enjoying all the games....why?
Yoshi
Yoshi
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:32 pm

Because the Smash tourney was a 200/10, that's why.
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:37 pm

>Mario Maker
>Place springs between pipes
>Place Goombas to bounce on springs
>Place Piranha Plants on top of Goombas

Videogame News and Press Conference Thread - Page 9 1353501239852
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:15 pm

So yeah, second Nintendo roundtable.

People are confirming this upcoming 3DS title is pretty much about a hardcore American lion sent to England on a secret mission issued by Abraham Lincoln to save the world from Lovecraftian aliens. And that the gameplay elements are reminiscent to Valkyria Chronicles, Fire Emblem, and Advance Wars.

Why are you not even in the slightest bit hyped?
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:38 pm

So just so you people know, Bayonetta can ride a mech that controls exactly like her actual self would.

It comes with machinegun hands, and shotgun feet.

By the way for those of you that are missing it, we have confirmed Nintendo is paving the path for this year and the next to be the year of waifus, mechs, and scarves.
Scarves are the new pussymagnet, confirmed.
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:52 pm

So I'm watching Codename STEAM on the Treehouse right now.

This looks exactly like people described it. Valkyria Chronicles with a little more on the TBS side, and you have less units, but instead of classes, you get unique troops.

AND it's a new IP.
I'm loving this already.
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next