Halolz Mafia Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 69: Chaos Rising

+11
Zink120
Gam
Link Lab
Zyquux
Caelun_Niveus
Scept
French Connections
MrNaleIt
Tael
Cloak
Rainboy
15 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 Empty Re: Round 69: Chaos Rising

Post by Rainboy Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:55 am

Book Two: Chaos
Chapter Five: Lulamoon

With Sombra, Chrysalis and Discord defeated, Equestria finally had time to properly mourn her lost princess. Twilight and Luna called for a day of remembrance and gathered the townsfolk together for a memorial. Stories were told and good times remembered, that is until a lone cloaked figure interrupted the proceedings. Trixie was back and unafraid of anything. Alicorn Amulet in hoof, Trixie pranced up to the podium and stole the spotlight. With a flick of her horn, she picked up Twilight and Luna and set them down in the crowd below. Announcing her new reign, Trixie assumed total control of Canterlot, and eventually Equestria.

Hater lynched
GAME OVER!

Trixie (Scept) wins.

[kill Hater, lynched]
[story Book Two: Chaos, Chapter Five: Lulamoon]

Crappy story, I know... but it's late and I was too ambitious trying to do two at once.
Rainboy
Rainboy
Bot Owning Guy
Bot Owning Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scept Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:26 am

You were all rused, blah blah blah. I kinda hoped it would be more satisfying.
Scept
Scept
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Lynn
HP:
Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue520/600Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (520/600)
TP:
Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue1400/1500Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (1400/1500)

http://sceptilianblade.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainboy Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:26 am

Remaining roles:

Hater lost his spark(le):

French had a little too much fun:

Zink couldn't redirect the inevitable:

Scept conquered everything:
Rainboy
Rainboy
Bot Owning Guy
Bot Owning Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tael Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:31 am

good game everyone

Thanks rainboy! fun round.
Tael
Tael
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

ANV Character
Name: Ceasar
HP:
Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue320/400Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (320/400)
TP:
Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue970/1000Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (970/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zyquux Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:36 am

Welp, I wasn't expecting Trixie.  gg

Discord managed to survive until the penultimate day in both this game and my MLP game.  Coincidence?  I think not.

Similarly, Pinkie Pie confirmed to always be a roleblocker.

EDIT: also
>tfw all of my lynches in Book 2 were spot on

Last edited by Zyquux on Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Zyquux
Zyquux
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: CRUSHSMASH THE SMASHCRUSHER
HP:
Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue380/600Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (380/600)
TP:
Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue1420/1500Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (1420/1500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelun_Niveus Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:44 am

Scept's role was actually the one Rain accidentally leaked to me in what I brought up.  Not specifics or fluff, just "You are a serial killer type role".

StalinCommander wrote:I used to be a vigilantie. Totally killed Cael.
I had figured if he was telling the truth he'd be protected and then he wasn't protected.
And it turns out he was both telling the truth and...wasn't protected.
Link had PMed me offering protection at the cost of a roleblock (thus possibly risking Love if they went for them).  I was suspicious of Link being Mafia, so I declined and attempted to try to bluff that I was protected.  I figured if Link was guilty they would kill me, and if not would target someone else.  I sent a PM to Scept (who I WAS right in not being Mafia...) explaining what I did as a last words if I was right about Link.

Didn't expect the lynch pulling a 180 and jump up his ass as well as my death.

Anyway, glad best pony won.

Edit: I would like to see though all the roles for part one, as well as a full list of what happened...

Last edited by Caelun_Niveus on Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Caelun_Niveus
Caelun_Niveus
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

ANV Character
Name: Johnny
HP:
Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue520/600Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (520/600)
TP:
Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue1500/1500Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (1500/1500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainboy Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:01 am

Actions:

R1:
Scept attempts to kill French (no effect since French is not Love or Darkness)
Cloak peeks Stalin and Hater and corrupts Stalin and Link. (No effect for corrupt; peek on Stalin redirected to Link)
Evil team neglects to send in a nightkill (whoops).
Nale neglects to submit a roleblock (whoops).
Zink's passive saves French from lynch, but is lost accordingly. (Nobody except Love and Darkness can be killed; power lost when a good player is lynched.)
Shadi cleanses Link and French. (No effect)
French switches Stalin and Link, effectively preventing the evil team from finding the traitor R1.
HATER redirects all actions on him to Shadi. (Anything besides a roleblock will go through Hater and hit Shadi; hereafter referred to as nexusing)
Host fails and forgets to account for the French redirect. Fortunately, the host catches this mistake in time and deletes the suspect PM.

R2:
Scept attempts to kill Stalin (no effect since French is not Love or Darkness)
Stalin kills off Cael with his own one shot.
Evil team neglects to send any actions whatsoever. (Whoops)
Link roleblocks and protects (hereafter referred to as 'jailing') French.
French neglects to send in a redirect. (But it wouldn't have worked anyway due to jail)
Hater neglects to send in nexus target.
Zyquux forces lynch on Link.
Tail gets a free peek on Cloak as part of his role. (Cloak knows he got the peek)

R3:
Scept kills Tael (no effect since not Love or Darkness)
Cloak kills Gam (bussed by French to kill Shadi instead)
Gam kills Tael (no effect since not Darkness)
Shadi cleanses Stalin and Zyquux (forces Zyq to good instead of neutral; nicely done.)
French busses Gam and Shadi

R4:
Scept attempts to kill Zyquux (fails again, same reason)
Cloak corrupts Gam and Tael
French buses Gam and Zink
Evil team neglects to send in a nightkill.
Nale still hasn't sent in a roleblock all game.
Hater doesn't send in a nexus target for the 3rd round in a row.
Book two starts; new roles for everyone. Host is tired of writing role PMs.

R5:
Scept roleblocks Zyq and kills Tael.
Nale also kills Tael.
Zink forces Nale to target Hater, but is roleblocked. (Boy, would that have changed things!)
Gam peeks Tael.
French roleblocks Zyquux.
Zyquux decides not to use his bodyguard power. (At least, I think that was intentional)
Hater tastes the Black/Musty potion and finds that it randomly redirects.
Hater uses the Green/Fragrant potion on himself and gets a peek on himself. (Nice one there, bro)
Tael kills Nale, but instead roleblocks him because he was corrupted in part one. (Irony is that his action would've saved his life if Scept hadn't also targeted him)

R6:
Stalin uses his global redirect. All kinds of crazy stuff happens to the village.
Scept tries to roleblock Hater, but is redirected to Zink.
Scept tries to kill Gam and is redirected back to Gam. (Wheee, random)
Stalin kills Gam. (Redundant, much?)
Zink forces Hater to target Nale, but is redirected to force Zyquux to target Scept (and then roleblocked on top of it, so this does nothing).
Hater attempts to use his new Prismatic/Fragrant potion on himself, but is redirected to use it on Scept (giving Trixie doublevoter status).
Hater tastes his Green/Musty potion and finds it allows the target to peek with inverted results.
Zyquux doesn't use his action, and thus isn't redirected.

R7:
Scept kills Zyquux and roleblocks Zink.
French roleblocks Hater.
Zink fails to send in a target. (Not that it mattered)
Hater tries to use his two Black/Musty potions on French and Scept, but is roleblocked.

R8:
French roleblocks Hater (who died to lynch to Scept's double vote)
Scept roleblocks French and kills him, achieving victory in a 1v1 with Zink.
Zink failed to send in a redirect. If he'd been smart, he could have redirected Scept to target himself, allowing for a village win. Oh well.

Last edited by Rainboy on Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rainboy
Rainboy
Bot Owning Guy
Bot Owning Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainboy Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:13 am

Awards:

The Derpy Hooves award for biggest fail goes to Scept for failing to target Cloak after Cloak had been revealed as Darkness. He did much better in the second part, though, and it still worked out for him in the end.

The Fluttershy award for most AFK goes to the evil team, who was generally very bad about getting me actions. Specifically Cloak and Nale. I'll take partial responsibility for that because I strongly dislike Skype and was rarely on to answer questions and such.

The Twilight Sparkle award for best detective work goes to Tale, who correctly nailed two of the three mafia members. Too bad he was corrupted and couldn't kill Nale. That would've changed a lot!

The Rainbow Dash award for biggest plays goes to French, who successfully kept Gam alive long enough for a confused village to finally lynch Cloak. If Cloak had been more consistent at peeking each round, the evil team might have been able to figure out what French was up to and could have used Nale to block him. We'll never know for sure.

And the Discord award for most fragmented story goes to me. Sorry about that. I kept meaning to wrap certain things up, and it kept not happening. Oh well. Hope you all enjoyed the round!
Rainboy
Rainboy
Bot Owning Guy
Bot Owning Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tael Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:17 am

Rainboy wrote:Actions:
Tael kills Nale, but instead roleblocks him because he was corrupted in part one. (Irony is that his action would've saved his life if Scept hadn't also targeted him)
Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 I-AM-IN-A-RAGE_DARREN
Tael
Tael
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

ANV Character
Name: Ceasar
HP:
Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue320/400Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (320/400)
TP:
Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue970/1000Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (970/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainboy Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:37 am

Roles [notes in italic brackets, italics without brackets are hidden parts of the role]:

Book 1 (Shadows):

Chapter 2 (Chaos):

Last edited by Rainboy on Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Rainboy
Rainboy
Bot Owning Guy
Bot Owning Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainboy Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:44 am

And that's it. Hope you all enjoyed the round. There's a few things that caught me by surprise. Specifically, I was surprised at how little initiative Zink took to push early No Lynch given his role was kinda broken overpowered if the village played their cards right (I had hoped to encourage both large amounts of early PMing and serious discussion about no lynch with his role, two areas that I personally think this community could see some benefit in trying once in a while). I was also surprised at how long some of the rounds dragged on; I figured you all would tend to wrap stuff up faster. Finally, I was pretty surprised with the general lack of actions from some people (especially the evil team) while they were still active and posting.

Lessons I learned: If using decremental lynch, 12 hours is probably a good amount of time between reductions, instead of 24. Also, don't expect players to see the same insights about their role as you, or value certain aspects as much as you. Zink is a good example of that; he obviously didn't value the added power of a no lynch more than the suspicion that would get him in the village. Finally, I learned not to freaking host two games at once. Whew that was intense, but I made it with minimal mistakes in both games.

And now, it's 3AM... so I'm going to go to bed and read responses in the morning after my final test before Spring Break. Here's to hopin' 6 hours of sleep will be enough!
Rainboy
Rainboy
Bot Owning Guy
Bot Owning Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zyquux Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:35 am

Yeah, I was intentionally holding onto the bodyguard to try to be a hero later.  Ah well.  gg and good luck on your test!

6 hours of sleep is plenty.  Probably too much.
Zyquux
Zyquux
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: CRUSHSMASH THE SMASHCRUSHER
HP:
Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue380/600Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (380/600)
TP:
Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue1420/1500Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (1420/1500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scept Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:54 am

I only got 3 last night. Musical is a bitch this close to showtime.
Scept
Scept
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:
Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue1400/1500Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (1400/1500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainboy Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:43 am

Well, 6 was just enough. Wonderful.

And sorry about that Scept, 3 sounds like not fun at all.
Rainboy
Rainboy
Bot Owning Guy
Bot Owning Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelun_Niveus Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:37 pm

Rainboy wrote:Cael neglects to send in a protection target (whoops).
Rainboy wrote:Loyalty (Cael)
While alive and not roleblocked, Love cannot die. If Love is saved by this power, Darkness will be told your name and role.

Well, I didn't send in an action because it sounded like a passive.  That, and I didn't have an option of who to target. Protect Love, or protect lovely Love.
Caelun_Niveus
Caelun_Niveus
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:
Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue1500/1500Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (1500/1500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Link Lab Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:41 pm

I didn't jail Stalin round 1. I was still incapacitated. On round 2, I sent a PM to jail Stalin, then later changed my mind to jail Cael, then eventually settled on French when Cael said not to jail him.

Also, I kinda agree on the 12 hour thing. I think using 24 hours for the first decrease and then every 12 hours after that would be better. To me, the bigger problem was you were too lenient on the inactivity rule.
Link Lab
Link Lab
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

ANV Character
Name: Eliot Egawa
HP:
Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue400/400Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (400/400)
TP:
Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue920/1000Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (920/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainboy Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:42 pm

Caelun_Niveus wrote:
Rainboy wrote:Cael neglects to send in a protection target (whoops).
Rainboy wrote:Loyalty (Cael)
While alive and not roleblocked, Love cannot die. If Love is saved by this power, Darkness will be told your name and role.

Well, I didn't send in an action because it sounded like a passive.  That, and I didn't have an option of who to target.  Protect Love, or protect lovely Love.

Whoops, I typo'd the action list. Your power was a passive; you didn't miss any targets.

Link Lab wrote:I didn't jail Stalin round 1. I was still incapacitated. On round 2, I sent a PM to jail Stalin, then later changed my mind to jail Cael, then eventually settled on French when Cael said not to jail him.

Also, I kinda agree on the 12 hour thing. I think using 24 hours for the first decrease and then every 12 hours after that would be better. To me, the bigger problem was you were too lenient on the inactivity rule.

1: I probably recorded the Stalin action to the wrong round. My bad. Correcting in action list.

2: It's hard to be strict on inactivity when every round is an instalynch round that technically doesn't count against activity. I resolved this by basing inactivity on posts, and people were pretty consistently posting throughout the game. I guess I could force votes, but that has the potential to modkill active players who just didn't vote quickly enough.
Rainboy
Rainboy
Bot Owning Guy
Bot Owning Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelun_Niveus Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:59 pm

Rainboy wrote:2: It's hard to be strict on inactivity when every round is an instalynch round that technically doesn't count against activity. I resolved this by basing inactivity on posts, and people were pretty consistently posting throughout the game. I guess I could force votes, but that has the potential to modkill active players who just didn't vote quickly enough.

Case in point

MrNaleIt wrote:I get back from a very busy day of work and homework and it's already instalunch by the time I finish reading all of what's been said. Well that sucks.
Caelun_Niveus
Caelun_Niveus
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zink120 Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:43 pm

Sorry Rain, I think I would have thought to push for the no-lunch like you suggested, but I was just so busy for the first few days I didn't have time to play properly :[
I think you're right, 12 might be the way to go rather than 24, but at the same time it worked fine for me. It's not like we have nothing to do while mafia isn't updating. I really enjoyed the added tactical elements it brought.
The only thing that I'm unhappy about is that the sole reason I didn't suspect Scept was that he just seemed so apathetic. Let my guard down there... Totally could have won that.
Zink120
Zink120
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

https://www.youtube.com/user/Zink120

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainboy Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:16 pm

Zink120 wrote:I think you're right, 12 might be the way to go rather than 24, but at the same time it worked fine for me. It's not like we have nothing to do while mafia isn't updating. I really enjoyed the added tactical elements it brought.

I liked the tactical element a lot too. It looks like I've started a thing on the other forum; the game after my version of this one is adopting the decremental lynch type as well. In fact, I'm working on getting the bot to automatically track vote reductions over on the other forum so the host doesn't have to post them all.
Rainboy
Rainboy
Bot Owning Guy
Bot Owning Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by StalinCommander Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:24 pm

Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 Ani-gant-yeyz

Wasn't much I could do! I killed Loyalty, but by the time I knew my mafia buddies, One was already dead.

And the damn thing is that I knew cloak was mafia, but He thought I was rusing him so I couldn't cahoot until he was already dead!

Regardless, I'll set up my round tommorow. I have to do scholarships later.
StalinCommander
StalinCommander
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

ANV Character
Name: Dr. Vladiovich Von Krusteacov Ruskieman
HP:
Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue308/400Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (308/400)
TP:
Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue920/1000Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (920/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by VoteBot 9000 Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:36 pm

Lynch Tally
HATER - 1 - Scept
No Lynch - 1 - French Connections
No Vote - 1 - Zink120

Total: 3 living players.

Reverse Tally
French Connections: No Lynch
Scept: Zink120 -> No Lynch -> No Vote -> HATER

Inactive Voters: Zink120 (2 rounds)

Voting History:

Final Vote History:

Players:

Story Posts

Phase: R8 Day
VoteBot 9000
VoteBot 9000
Artificial Guy
Artificial Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Link Lab Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:13 pm

Rainboy wrote:
Link Lab wrote:Also, I kinda agree on the 12 hour thing. I think using 24 hours for the first decrease and then every 12 hours after that would be better. To me, the bigger problem was you were too lenient on the inactivity rule.
2: It's hard to be strict on inactivity when every round is an instalynch round that technically doesn't count against activity. I resolved this by basing inactivity on posts, and people were pretty consistently posting throughout the game. I guess I could force votes, but that has the potential to modkill active players who just didn't vote quickly enough.

Yes, instalynch rounds don't count for inactivity normally but generally that's because the instalynch occurs before the round would end. In a game where it doesn't end until instalynch, I think any round longer than 24 hours should count since it's the standard round time here. I'm almost certain none of the rounds in this game were less than 24 hours so it's not like using the standard inactivity clause would've been too harsh. Hell, the three people that would've been kicked by the standard rules didn't vote for over 5 days real time or over 9 days in Hater's case.
Link Lab
Link Lab
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

ANV Character
Name: Eliot Egawa
HP:
Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue400/400Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (400/400)
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by French Connections Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:33 pm

Aww we lost. ;( Good game though! :D I had a great time, especially in R1. R2 I was a bit clueless based on my role (I tried to get a lynch on Scept early on, but interest waned and we got Stalin instead).
Sorry for not changing my placeholder vote in the last round, though truth be told I had no idea whether it was either Hater or Scept, so I'd have probably voted for Hater (or rather, voted against Hater due to my negative votes) due to his passive-style and because Scept lynched Stalin when I tried to lynch Scept.
And yay an award for legendary bussing!
French Connections
French Connections
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scept Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:22 am

Tael wrote:
Rainboy wrote:Actions:
Round 69: Chaos Rising - Page 11 I-AM-IN-A-RAGE_DARREN
Mmmmm, delicious rage~
Scept
Scept
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11