Halolz Mafia Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game suggestion thread

+20
Aboithagameboi
Tael
grashbar
Vatonnage
Hunter Axel
Scept
spplmj
DA
OrionX
Nick Soapdish
Zyquux
StalinCommander
Leo E.
Dracojounin7
Cloak
MrNaleIt
Archer
The Mysterious Gourmet
Mentle
Yoshi
24 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Game suggestion thread

Post by Leo E. Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:42 pm

GBC and DSi are the only ones out. DSi one I'd say is better, if only because the GBC one hasn't aged well.

Use some of your FE/SMT monies to buy them like I did.
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

http://hakureiillusion.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Axel Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:15 pm

Leo E. wrote:DSi one I'd say is better, if only because the GBC one hasn't aged well
I respectfully disagree. I'd say the original is better, and while the DSi one looks nice and pretty, I believe lacks a bit of substance the original had.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Risky's Revenge but besides being shorter than the original, quite a few features were taken out or changed like the day/night system and the belly dancing.
Hunter Axel
Hunter Axel
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Minerva
HP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue710/800Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (710/800)
TP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue490/500Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (490/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:07 am

Fuck yeah gonna go out after work and get Nier, lookin' pretty good from what I-

...Wait, that's the Jap-only PS3 version? Well what the hell do we get?

Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Niergestalt

OW THE EDGE
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:59 pm

Ment wants to try a FF game. Tell him why he's a faget if he doesn't play FFIV.

Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Soapdish Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:07 am

Leo E. wrote:Ment wants to try a FF game. Tell him why he's a faget if he doesn't play FFIV.

Man FFIV DS is so great. I totally agree in labelling him as such if he chooses something like XIII over it.
Nick Soapdish
Nick Soapdish
Veteran Guy
Veteran Guy

ANV Character
Name: Cunt Destroyer
HP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue375/400Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (375/400)
TP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue985/1000Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (985/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Soapdish Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:50 am

So this isn't really 'game suggestion' but I couldn't really find the right area for it so I thought I'd give my Wii U impressions.

Man I'm so underwhelmed. I thought it'd be the hypest but it's been really luke warm. While I'm getting used to the pad and I love how the touch screen is good for styluses and fingers (the best kind of touch screen) the rumble is the worst!
I have never turned rumble off on a game before until the Wii U. The rumble is in the middle (where the screen is) so you don't feel anything you just hear this shitty whirring. Which sucks cause my favourite part from Wind Waker is taking on this big knights, and you get that rumble warning when you have to press A. It's the best rumble in a game ever and I'm not going to get that in Wind Waker HD.
Also the pad screen is ok but I guess the vita (and my great tv) have ruined me. Quality wise it is only so so. Tried playing Smash on it and it all just seemed too small. buttons are also a bit weird and squishy (if you shake the pad you can hear the buttons clicking cause they're not tight).

The shop is really empty and changing between things seems to take too long.

So while games are great, like the Wonderful 101 is magical, there is so much that could be better. This is from a guy who loves his wii and thinks the wii-nunchuck combo is great.

So I guess if this was a review I'd say wait for price drops or Smash to come out. It's a shame cause I love my 3DSXL so much. All features/parts of it are amazingly great.

so all in all, *sigh* maybe I'll learn to love you one day but for now, just ok.
Nick Soapdish
Nick Soapdish
Veteran Guy
Veteran Guy

ANV Character
HP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue375/400Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (375/400)
TP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue985/1000Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (985/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Link Lab Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:24 am

When I shake the pad, I only hear a ball bearing moving around. I assume it's for something like the gyroscope since I can hear something similar when I shake the 3DS.

But the main annoyance I have with the Gamepad is that it doesn't have the full colour spectrum so some reds and some blues become pixelated around the edges.
Link Lab
Link Lab
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

ANV Character
Name: Eliot Egawa
HP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue400/400Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (400/400)
TP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue920/1000Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (920/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracojounin7 Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:41 am

When Stanley decided whether to buy the Stanley Parable, he chose the button labeled "Checkout."
Dracojounin7
Dracojounin7
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Jadaal
HP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue520/600Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (520/600)
TP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue1500/1500Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (1500/1500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zyquux Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:40 pm

Dracojounin7 wrote:When Stanley decided whether to buy the Stanley Parable, he chose the button labeled "Checkout."
Dammit I read that in his voice.
Zyquux
Zyquux
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: CRUSHSMASH THE SMASHCRUSHER
HP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue380/600Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (380/600)
TP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue1420/1500Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (1420/1500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:07 am

Nier is pretty bitchin'. Gotta love a game that puts this before the main menu.

Kaine waifu of the year
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Soapdish Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:11 am

Leo E. wrote:Nier is pretty bitchin'. Gotta love a game that puts this before the main menu.

Kaine waifu of the year
Ok, I've heard way too much about Nier from here and the best friend cast like how the story is great, soundtrack is great, characters, but gameplay so so in spots, that I've decided to track it down and get it.

Ok found an ebgames with a preowned copy, $9.
Nick Soapdish
Nick Soapdish
Veteran Guy
Veteran Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:50 pm

Okay so I beat three games this past month. I guess I can quickly talk about them here.

So the first game I beat this month was Link to the Past. After putting it off for so long I figured I'd finally give it a spin, see what the fuss was about.
It was... disappointing.
I'm not saying it's a bad game. I thoroughly enjoyed it and felt like the world was really good at being alive given the hardware limitations, but I see LttP and Majora's Mask just up there in love when it comes to Zelda games. At least I think I do the most.
It isn't really good at living up to all the hype but regardless of that it's still worth a playthrough.
The enemies are brutal which makes up for the dungeon layouts piss easy to get through (which was my primary gripe, along with a few design problems), and there's a lot to the world that makes it fun to explore, with something waiting pretty much everywhere.
Plus it has an interconnected map, one of the best things a game can do imo.

Next up was Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney.
I know this is stupid and weird of me but believe it or not, I thoroughly played all the DS AA games but I never beat one.
I don't understand how this happens with people and a series that's supposed to have a linear-event-dependent timeline, but here I am? I also thought it was a great idea to actually sit down and beat this game cause there's a huge set of gaps with my memory and what goes on with this series.
Cases 1 and 2 were nice. Really obvious and nothing super special with the culprit testimonies but still really good at asking for your attention.
Case 3's only problem was a lack of connectivity with the actual events, but thankfully as a filler it still works as a bridge. If only they cut down on the walking though, so much searching aaa
Case 4... would have been near "perfect" if it wasn't for Lotta's testimony. Woah you were taking pictures of a lake monster guess what nobody cares there was a much more important contradiction regarding the actual murder. You seem like a cool person to talk to but please just never testify ever again OH WAIT BUT YOU DO IN ANOTHER GAME NOW DON'T YOU.
Case 5 was more or less irrelevant to the prior 4 cases but that's obviously to be expected since it was included in the DS remake. Even ignoring that though, it was easily the best case of the 5.

And finally is Metal Gear Solid, beat it today as a matter of fact. Not the Twin Snakes version.
If you're starting out on this game, definitely try the Playstation 1 version. Compared to Twin Snakes, it does have a sort of downgraded combat and graphics, but the cutscenes are so much better that it actually makes those forgettable. I'm not sure about the musical score though. Also, if you're a first timer for the game at all, not even the series, go normal mode. Seriously. I mean I love a good challenge but you miss such an integral part of the adventure by missing the radar. I'm not saying the game on hard isn't unplayable or so distracting to a first time player that it ruins the whole experience though. Just that there is a much better option.
The only real good to hard mode was how much more engaging boss fights could be. They were pretty much made sure to push against your favor without making it a total impossibility but that's the only -real- real thing about it that stood out for me (Metal Gear Rex auaurhaughhauhaugh)
Anywhosits I'm really glad I chose to play this next. I can't really say anything much without spoiling it but I'm just disappointed I didn't play this earlier. Not that long of a game, managed to beat it in about like what, 12 hours (actually still not even that long considering how much hard mode caused me to die) but it was by no means an experience someone could easily forget.
Graphics can be a bit jarring to be honest but when the writing does good, it will make you forget easily.
Some concepts (or rather how they're executed) are outdated. Again, still not enough to ruin the game by any means, the line of learning is mostly still very consistent.
I actually found it kind of refreshing how archaic some parts of the game were, but that's just me. And despite me dying dozens of times I genuinely had a good time. I think this was the best of the three games I played this month to.

So... yeah. That's that.
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Dente - El Exterminador de Demonios Dos
HP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue320/400Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (320/400)
TP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue955/1000Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (955/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mysterious Gourmet Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:57 am

Metal Gear Solid is a game that everyone who likes games is absolutely required to play at some point. Everything about it is just so masterfully crafted, from the gameplay to the dialogue.
The Mysterious Gourmet
The Mysterious Gourmet
DONG GUY
DONG GUY

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracojounin7 Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:12 am

I love how the three games he suggests are classics everyone should play.
Dracojounin7
Dracojounin7
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue520/600Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (520/600)
TP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue1500/1500Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (1500/1500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:38 am

Dracojounin7 wrote:I love how the three games he suggests are classics everyone should play.
To be fair not everyone has played MGS. A surprising amount really.

Not sure about LttP but I'm also sure Ace Attorney hasn't been played by a handful either.
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue320/400Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (320/400)
TP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue955/1000Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (955/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracojounin7 Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:55 pm

But everyone should, is what I meant. Like everyone should read Tom Sawyer and The Hobbit.
Dracojounin7
Dracojounin7
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mysterious Gourmet Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:24 am

The amount of people here who haven't played MGS is far too high.
The Mysterious Gourmet
The Mysterious Gourmet
DONG GUY
DONG GUY

Back to top Go down

Post by Tael Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:23 am

I'll play MGS just as soon as every single one of you play To The Moon
Tael
Tael
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

ANV Character
Name: Ceasar
HP:
TP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue970/1000Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (970/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scept Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:42 pm

I'll get to 'em eventually.
Scept
Scept
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Lynn
HP:
TP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue1400/1500Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (1400/1500)

http://sceptilianblade.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionX Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:17 pm

I got Dust: An Elysian Tail when it was on sale for about $3 a while ago. I feel like a bad person because this game is worth the full $15 it usually goes for.
OrionX
OrionX
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo E. Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:00 pm

It's not on sale anymore, but Long Live the Queen is great.

It's got everything. Massive military battles, deception and intrigue, and most importantly, lesbian magical girls.

Also Tenjou no Tempest is amazing. The only issue is trying to figure out how to use the special moves and solving the weather-based puzzles without being able to read Japanese.
Leo E.
Leo E.
Guy in Charge
Guy in Charge

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelun_Niveus Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:54 pm

[quote="Leo E."]Also Tenjou no Tempest is amazing. The only issue is trying to figure out how to use the special moves and solving the weather-based puzzles without being able to read Japanese.[/quote]
I kinda want to enter a Style tournament with it if possible, if only because noone else would have.

I haven't gotten far enough to run into puzzles, but my only issue really was trying to work with the style-change system when two of the symbols look so much the same...

That and not being able to read the story.
Caelun_Niveus
Caelun_Niveus
Final Fight Guy
Final Fight Guy

ANV Character
Name: Johnny
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:57 pm

https://i.imgur.com/hPUg2x6.jpg

Just a daily reminder.
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Axel Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:45 am

No one cares about ur pron games
Hunter Axel
Hunter Axel
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
Name: Minerva
HP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue710/800Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (710/800)
TP:
Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue490/500Game suggestion thread - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (490/500)

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:45 pm

https://i.imgur.com/KfKWkGl.jpg
At least as far as Part 1 goes.

Gods, I've never been this thoroughly bored in a long time.
I could go on for hours about my problem with it but I'll keep it short. I was having fun the first few hours then it plummeted quick, and then I was just left detached the whole journey hoping things would pick up fast since people praise the writing like crazy.
That was the most disappointing experience I've had in a while.
Here's to hoping Part 2 is an exponential improvement.
And that I'll muster enough boredom one day after attending to my backlog to get to it.
Archer
Archer
Vintage Guy
Vintage Guy

ANV Character
HP:
TP:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next